Chrysler preaches diversity, but...

Posted in the Chrysler Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
H8mealluwant2

United States

#1 Mar 5, 2018
Why is it when i walk into the plant, its 90-95% black? Diverse my ass!!! Not being racist, being a realist here.. I mean what kind of shit is that?
And on top of that, WOMEN... Not all the women, but for the most part,cry and complain, complain and cry.. The parts too heavy, the job is too fast, many of them come dressed as if they are going to the club!!! Moat these women just dont belong working in an automotive plant.
Minority

Belleville, MI

#2 Mar 5, 2018
H8mealluwant2 wrote:
Why is it when i walk into the plant, its 90-95% black? Diverse my ass!!! Not being racist, being a realist here.. I mean what kind of shit is that?
And on top of that, WOMEN... Not all the women, but for the most part,cry and complain, complain and cry.. The parts too heavy, the job is too fast, many of them come dressed as if they are going to the club!!! Moat these women just dont belong working in an automotive plant.
FCA only talks the talk about diversity they do not walk the walk. That is why it is a running joke around the plants I have been to. We always look for the token white people but they do not get hired. I would like to know the FCA hourly diversity makeup has to be 80/90% black. I am all for equal hiring but this is all one sided.
97gerry49

Detroit, MI

#3 Mar 5, 2018
H8mealluwant2 wrote:
I'm here and do my job. Don't really care what other people I work with. It's pretty simple. Show up and go home. Every type of person whines and complains when they work at a plant. Just comes with the territory. It's not a big deal.
Dark Sunglasses

New York, NY

#4 Mar 6, 2018
That is because you are only looking at the plant level employment. FCA looks at the whole corporation including management. Starting off, how many Skilled Trades are diverse? How about mangers in a plant? What about WCM Academy? Now head up to CTC...You see a totally different ratio. If you leave the State you see the same thing. So in FCA's eyes they are diverse. Now travel out of the country and you have a multiplicity of ethnic groups represented .
Bobby King

United States

#6 Mar 6, 2018
H8mealluwant2 wrote:
Go to solid house or academy near all black. So long white mofo
Whitey

United States

#7 Mar 6, 2018
Bobby King wrote:
<quoted text>

Go to solid house or academy near all black. So long white mofo
Good bye to you once Richard Spence takes over......
Whitey

United States

#8 Mar 6, 2018
Minority wrote:
<quoted text>FCA only talks the talk about diversity they do not walk the walk. That is why it is a running joke around the plants I have been to. We always look for the token white people but they do not get hired. I would like to know the FCA hourly diversity makeup has to be 80/90% black. I am all for equal hiring but this is all one sided.
Race card is all you need to know.....
Ron Goldenfinger

United States

#9 Mar 6, 2018
Whitey wrote:
<quoted text>

FCA safety nearly all black.
Black Knight

Detroit, MI

#10 Mar 6, 2018
Ron Goldenfinger wrote:
<quoted text>

FCA safety nearly all black.
You gots a problem
Whitey Goes Bye Bye

Sterling Heights, MI

#11 Mar 7, 2018
Whitey wrote:
<quoted text>

The white homeland only lies in C:/My Documents
White Knight

United States

#12 Mar 7, 2018
Black Knight wrote:
<quoted text>

You gots a problem
Yea against reverse discrimination dumbass
Black Knight

Newport, MI

#13 Mar 7, 2018
White Knight wrote:
<quoted text>

Yea against reverse discrimination dumbass
I dare you to say dat to ma face......... honkey
Whitey

United States

#14 Mar 7, 2018
Black Knight wrote:
<quoted text>

Where you at Dan? I will...
Fcawerkr

United States

#15 Mar 7, 2018
Black Knight wrote:
<quoted text>

Honkey huh? Well thats pretty racist. But thats ok, because the average IQ of you people is something like 75, meaning you are an inferior race of people. Your iq is showing in this post. Unter menchin. Btw, i would gladly say this to your face, getting to see you upset would only serve to prove my point!
White Knight

United States

#16 Mar 7, 2018
Black Knight wrote:
<quoted text>

Uh BK your hiding behind a post. Actually pretty chicken shit stuff eh though guy? How bought I give yo gal a pearl necklace and we call it even ok... turd. Ps would love to say it to yo face. But you wouldn’t show so .. shows over. Turd.
Whitey

United States

#17 Mar 7, 2018
White Knight wrote:
<quoted text>

Uh BK your hiding behind a post. Actually pretty chicken shit stuff eh though guy? How bought I give yo gal a pearl necklace and we call it even ok... turd. Ps would love to say it to yo face. But you wouldn’t show so .. shows over. Turd.
That's the way they work....
Whitey

United States

#18 Mar 7, 2018
Fcawerkr wrote:
<quoted text>

Honkey huh? Well thats pretty racist. But thats ok, because the average IQ of you people is something like 75, meaning you are an inferior race of people. Your iq is showing in this post. Unter menchin. Btw, i would gladly say this to your face, getting to see you upset would only serve to prove my point!
That's kind of high you think? Lol
Reps and Friends Union

United States

#19 Mar 7, 2018
Nepotism exists in every business. Plus you need a referral to get in. Most black workers give their referals to family. I really don't think it's a race thing. If it was open hiring it would probably be different. If white were the majority and hiring was on referral the overall number of whites would probably keep growing too
Minority

Belleville, MI

#20 Mar 7, 2018
Reps and Friends Union wrote:
Nepotism exists in every business. Plus you need a referral to get in. Most black workers give their referals to family. I really don't think it's a race thing. If it was open hiring it would probably be different. If white were the majority and hiring was on referral the overall number of whites would probably keep growing too
Have talked many employees who are white and their referrals do not get hired. Told they did great on the assessment all looks good , then sorry you did not make it. I could see if this was a hit and miss thing but have heard many stories of this. There is a lot of people going wtf is happening here. Seems like the only problem is their skin color.
Reps and Friends Union

United States

#21 Mar 7, 2018
Minority wrote:
<quoted text> Have talked many employees who are white and their referrals do not get hired. Told they did great on the assessment all looks good , then sorry you did not make it. I could see if this was a hit and miss thing but have heard many stories of this. There is a lot of people going wtf is happening here. Seems like the only problem is their skin color.
I just assumed it was proportional. If only certain referrals get through then I'd agree that's an issue. Then again, how many times have higher-ups in the union been busted for selling jobs? That probably doesn't help as they probably only do that with people they know. But what you are saying may still be a factor. I hope it's not that but I never rule anything out here

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chrysler Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Profit sharing 2019 1 hr Dijuan82 2
Solution to Problem 1 hr Zenyatta 2
What plant is getting the regular wagoneer? 2 hr Zenyatta 4
Romulus PDC 5 hr JoeMomma1248 3
uaw local 685 is useless!!! (Apr '15) 6 hr DR Phil 30
3.2 no spark 15 hr Handy hanky 4
It's over....Mack Avenue Engine plant is closing 18 hr Solid as a ROCK 69