Will JNAP rotate on the 3/2/120 work...

Will JNAP rotate on the 3/2/120 work schedule ?

Posted in the Chrysler Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Newsking

Detroit, MI

#1 Feb 4, 2012
Will Jnap rotate on this 3/2/120 work schedule or will it be a set schedule? what are the times?
saa

Mount Clemens, MI

#2 Feb 4, 2012
The rotation is decided by the local. My cheif stewart told us that. I don't know why anyone would choose to rotate but it may happen. The hours suck but many of us did our time on afternoons before we were able to go to days. Now I see soo many people that are new hire and lucky to have a day shift and never see afternoons.
Newsking

Detroit, MI

#3 Feb 4, 2012
saa wrote:
The rotation is decided by the local. My cheif stewart told us that. I don't know why anyone would choose to rotate but it may happen. The hours suck but many of us did our time on afternoons before we were able to go to days. Now I see soo many people that are new hire and lucky to have a day shift and never see afternoons.
Can High seniority still bump to day shift?
JNAP24

Clarkston, MI

#4 Feb 4, 2012
Yes!!! And they will when it gets closer and the shift is for sure.. Right now alot of uncertainty in the world I.E. Iareal pulling us into a war with Iran. So until it is more certain and closer you will hear about cutoff dates and then the mass exodus will occur...

Since: Jul 11

Ypsilanti, MI

#5 Feb 5, 2012
To everyone with May/June 2010 seniority who managed to grab ahold of day shift....

I am sorry for your loss, but welcome back to 2nd shift. Heh.
NewGuy

Warren, MI

#6 Feb 5, 2012
saa wrote:
100% correct! Rotating can be voted down by the local contract.

Trenton is going through it right now. They will still have the 4 10's but "hopefully" not rotating when all is said and done.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#7 Feb 5, 2012
has there been any layoffs yet anywhere
Shapman

Howell, MI

#8 Feb 5, 2012
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
has there been any layoffs yet anywhere
Why would there be any layoffs?

Location hidden

#9 Feb 5, 2012
Shapman wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would there be any layoffs?
I just wondered because people that I know are in the detroit area keep telling me how bad it is, not saying Jefferson North particularly.

Location hidden

#10 Feb 5, 2012
Jefferson North production is about 20000 monthly and US Sales are about 14000 per month
Shapman

Howell, MI

#11 Feb 5, 2012
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>I just wondered because people that I know are in the detroit area keep telling me how bad it is, not saying Jefferson North particularly.
There's nothing but hiring going on. 1800 at BLP, 1100 at JNP, 1000 at SHP ( soon) then there are the stamping and power train plants.
JNAP24

Clarkston, MI

#12 Feb 5, 2012
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
Jefferson North production is about 20000 monthly and US Sales are about 14000 per month
Yeah US sales, u forget fiat distribution is world wide......we are only plant building Grand Cherokee and Durango...GO back to trolling on other posts my friend....

Location hidden

#13 Feb 6, 2012
JNAP24 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah US sales, u forget fiat distribution is world wide......we are only plant building Grand Cherokee and Durango...GO back to trolling on other posts my friend....
There not shipping them overseas like they are in Windsor, Brampton, Toluca but europe is not good that is where those rebranded models go.

Location hidden

#14 Feb 6, 2012
Shapman wrote:
<quoted text>
There's nothing but hiring going on. 1800 at BLP, 1100 at JNP, 1000 at SHP ( soon) then there are the stamping and power train plants.
are those Temp jobs that is what I am wondering and all this is PR for Obama, it wasnt hard to figure out why Kokomo was picked for his speach that time.
JNAP24

Clarkston, MI

#19 Feb 6, 2012
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>There not shipping them overseas like they are in Windsor, Brampton, Toluca but europe is not good that is where those rebranded models go.
Mr thinks he knows it all ahhh we build right hand drive Grand Cherokees that go overseas mr smarty pants.. Do not comment on things you know nothing about. I do not think we need a third shift yet except for the reason most of the new hires will not work OT. They want 8hrs and out. They fight when we get put on 10hrs and they knock it back to (hrs. The plant mgr and shop chair have gone round and round about not having LABS days for 10hr shifts. when they canvas for a weekend or 10-12hrs they never even come close to enough people. Never seen anything like it.

This is to everyone when on 2 shifts, your refusel to work OT when asked or weekends is what pushed the 3/2/120 as well. What you all do not understand but think you do, is there will be downturns...This is the time to make money to hold you over when you get laid off, even us TIER 1 people get laid off every 7-10years on average.

Back to smarty pants we do ship overseas, we build a diesel engine for overseas only....
JNAP24

Clarkston, MI

#20 Feb 6, 2012
These new jobs will not be permanent unless they build multiple hot selling models in same plants...This is true...3rd shift at JNAP is Not even 100% for sure yet anything can happen...

Location hidden

#21 Feb 6, 2012
JNAP24 wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr thinks he knows it all ahhh we build right hand drive Grand Cherokees that go overseas mr smarty pants.. Do not comment on things you know nothing about. I do not think we need a third shift yet except for the reason most of the new hires will not work OT. They want 8hrs and out. They fight when we get put on 10hrs and they knock it back to (hrs. The plant mgr and shop chair have gone round and round about not having LABS days for 10hr shifts. when they canvas for a weekend or 10-12hrs they never even come close to enough people. Never seen anything like it.
This is to everyone when on 2 shifts, your refusel to work OT when asked or weekends is what pushed the 3/2/120 as well. What you all do not understand but think you do, is there will be downturns...This is the time to make money to hold you over when you get laid off, even us TIER 1 people get laid off every 7-10years on average.
Back to smarty pants we do ship overseas, we build a diesel engine for overseas only....
thats right since you posted that, they did talk about Right Hand version but they never gave any details when if they going to build them, my apologies thats why I perfer to here it from the horses mouth or somebody actually on the ground. how are they coming down the line is it pain to assemble.

Location hidden

#22 Feb 6, 2012
JNAP24 do you know the reason why they placed the battery under the passenger seat in the Cherokees & Durangos, my aunt traded her GMC Terrain in for the new Durango and that was the first she noticed that there was terminals under the hood.
JNAP24

Clarkston, MI

#24 Feb 6, 2012
Computer placed it there!!! That was a product of CAD, and was a major piece of contention at first...There was not enough room in the engine compartment in the SRT-8 I believe..

Location hidden

#25 Feb 6, 2012
so they just started building the RH version of the Grand Cherokees. I found it would be early 2012 autoweek article said.

Look out over there! Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 to get right-hand drive for U.K.

http://www.autoweek.com/article/20110422/NEWY...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chrysler Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Republicans are scum of the earth 1 hr Bigger Johnson 18
Marysville Plant is red headed stepchild ? 4 hr There 6
Pension Vestment 4 hr There 2
haha! butthole republicans lost in alabama 5 hr Savage 8
Viper Director (Apr '14) 12 hr Viper_I was there 16
Shap re canvassing jobs 14 hr Trump trump 5
chrysler hiring process FAQ for new applicants. (Jun '12) 16 hr Crystal 18,474
More from around the web