lets see how many michigan uaw members

lets see how many michigan uaw members

Posted in the Chrysler Forum

The Great Nostrodamus

Windsor, WI

#1 Dec 7, 2012
Keep paying dues now that theyre right to work state! Lol u just know that the majority will opt out!!! All big talkers till they have the choice!
truth

Windsor, WI

#2 Dec 7, 2012
Im opting out!
retired

Windsor, WI

#3 Dec 7, 2012
Im retarded
The Great Nostrodamus

Windsor, WI

#4 Dec 7, 2012
I have seen the future, and the future shows Belvidere pumpin out cars for ages! I have also seen that the uaw ditches Michigan and headquarters itself in Belvidere! Truth grts ran over by a boxcar as he waits for a train and retired gets shit on as a pigeon flys overhead.

I have spoken, so let it be written, so let it be told.

TGN
EagerApplicant

Windsor, Canada

#8 Dec 7, 2012
The automotive companies do not have to offer what they did in the past. This is a new day. The pay is substantially less. The benefits are being reduced. The hours are longer. There are too many people out of work, willing to work for lower wages to put food on the table for their families.Outsourcing to Detroit was discussed years ago. The union is dying a slow death. Many will choose not to pay dues, yet receive benefits in the right to work states.Unskilled labor in America will soon resemble slavery.Work till you drop and you get to eat at the end of the day, with a roof over your head.
T-Bone Pickens

Greenville, SC

#10 Dec 7, 2012
EagerApplicant wrote:
The automotive companies do not have to offer what they did in the past. This is a new day. The pay is substantially less. The benefits are being reduced. The hours are longer. There are too many people out of work, willing to work for lower wages to put food on the table for their families.Outsourcing to Detroit was discussed years ago. The union is dying a slow death. Many will choose not to pay dues, yet receive benefits in the right to work states.Unskilled labor in America will soon resemble slavery.Work till you drop and you get to eat at the end of the day, with a roof over your head.
If you want to earn more, be worth it to your employer. Learn a marketable skill, qualify for an apprenticeship, or attend college and get a degree that teaches you to do something. Degrees in black studies, Peruvian Transgender Issues, or basket weaving won't cut it. If you have a skill in demand, employers will seek you out, and at times pay recruiters to find you. Two of the jobs in my engineering career were the result of a recruiter calling and saying a company was interested in me. Both paid the recruiter 30% of my first year's salary. Never stop learning something valuable. Employers will beat a path to your door. There will always be an oversupply of unskilled labor, and their wages will reflect that.
EagerApplicant

Windsor, Canada

#11 Dec 7, 2012
T-Bone Pickens wrote:
<quoted text>
If you want to earn more, be worth it to your employer. Learn a marketable skill, qualify for an apprenticeship, or attend college and get a degree that teaches you to do something. Degrees in black studies, Peruvian Transgender Issues, or basket weaving won't cut it. If you have a skill in demand, employers will seek you out, and at times pay recruiters to find you. Two of the jobs in my engineering career were the result of a recruiter calling and saying a company was interested in me. Both paid the recruiter 30% of my first year's salary. Never stop learning something valuable. Employers will beat a path to your door. There will always be an oversupply of unskilled labor, and their wages will reflect that.
I hear you. Education is an asset you never lose. I have three degrees, the highest an M.B.A., am able to meet the requirements for some jobs, over qualified for some. No recruiters are beating down the door, but networking has been beneficial to secure employment in the past. Right now I have 2 applications under review at Chrysler corporate office. The education has helped put me in a position to be considered.
T-Bone Pickens

Greenville, SC

#13 Dec 9, 2012
EagerApplicant wrote:
<quoted text>
I hear you. Education is an asset you never lose. I have three degrees, the highest an M.B.A., am able to meet the requirements for some jobs, over qualified for some. No recruiters are beating down the door, but networking has been beneficial to secure employment in the past. Right now I have 2 applications under review at Chrysler corporate office. The education has helped put me in a position to be considered.
Amen-- Once the economy is in the 5.5-6% unemploymnent range you will likely get the same recruiter call that I did before retiring in 2006.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chrysler Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mack Avenue Engine Plant 27 min hinying 74
Chrysler Physical (Apr '14) 3 hr Stella 47
News Chrysler Group to recall minivans to fix air bags (May '07) 5 hr D adams 48
shap shap rumors (Oct '11) 7 hr Newbodyshop 1,544
Bap to go to two shifts then close by 2018 15 hr Bap 17
Why so many monkeys 18 hr White pride 29
Kokomo Chrysler Hiring News ? (Jan '12) 23 hr Chos 2,937
More from around the web