TNAP to be shutdown in beginning of 2...

TNAP to be shutdown in beginning of 2010 for retooling?

Posted in the Chrysler Forum

tnap_worker

Holland, OH

#1 Jul 18, 2009
i been hearing this rumor more and more lately from co-workers and just wanted to reach out to more people to hear if anyone else is hearing the same for TNAP. i been told that after the july shutdown we are going to work very strong through the end of the year with overtime very likely to get a large inventory and at the beginning of 2010 chrysler is going to shut TNAP down for a year to a year and a half to retool for totally new vehicles. perhaps a redesigned liberty and a all new fiat alpha vehicle? has anyone else heard something along these lines? if true, it sounds okay for the future, but that amount of downtime worries me financially.
Right Jab

Maumee, OH

#2 Jul 18, 2009
So essentially being an autoworker is a part time job anymore. Would you agree?
Toolmaker 136

Saint Louis, MO

#3 Jul 18, 2009
Maybe you can be retrained for green jobs while your off.
Right Jab

Maumee, OH

#4 Jul 18, 2009
Toolmaker 136 wrote:
Maybe you can be retrained for green jobs while your off.
The First Solar plant expansion is just about complete, they should be hiring shortly, 3 to 4 hundred people.

Since: Oct 08

Toledo, OH

#5 Jul 18, 2009
tnap_worker wrote:
i been hearing this rumor more and more lately from co-workers and just wanted to reach out to more people to hear if anyone else is hearing the same for TNAP. i been told that after the july shutdown we are going to work very strong through the end of the year with overtime very likely to get a large inventory and at the beginning of 2010 chrysler is going to shut TNAP down for a year to a year and a half to retool for totally new vehicles. perhaps a redesigned liberty and a all new fiat alpha vehicle? has anyone else heard something along these lines? if true, it sounds okay for the future, but that amount of downtime worries me financially.
Hearing almost same rumors, but downtime for 6 months with no annual shutdown for 2010. But again, RUMORS. We've heard a Liberty redesign, a Fiat product, Grand Cherokees, Mini Vans, etc., etc. Too many rumors going on to believe anything right now other than also hearing it's gonna be gangbusters until December. Time will tell.
warren truck

Farmington, MI

#6 Jul 18, 2009
I have heard that it will be grand cherokees. Which is bad news for jnap. Because I heard that is on the unpublished list of plants to close. But that is just rumor.
Joe Dirt

O Fallon, MO

#7 Jul 18, 2009
Right Jab wrote:
So essentially being an autoworker is a part time job anymore. Would you agree?
Well yes it is, here lately, ya see the first 23 of the 25+ yrs I worked for Chrysler, I worked 9-10 hrs a day and 2 out of 3 Sats. Also during that time, they begged mme for company survival, makin the minivan , to work many Sundays too...I obliged, yes for myself and to help the company out also...Now here the last 2-3 yrs folks like your self call me a part timer.
I gave alot, beinng a father of 3, with one disabled, for that company.......I am on siesta now, ok???
Chrysler for-ever

Macomb, MI

#8 Jul 19, 2009
Joe Dirt I think you should take a couple of english classes and learn how to write and use correct grammer and spelling if some of you people lose your jobs at the plant your in for a rough time out in the real world.
ram34

Waterford, MI

#9 Jul 19, 2009
warren truck wrote:
I have heard that it will be grand cherokees. Which is bad news for jnap. Because I heard that is on the unpublished list of plants to close. But that is just rumor.
i have heard the same lately!! they are consolidating all plants to run full production!! all jeeps will be built in teledo!!
Chrysler for-ever

Macomb, MI

#10 Jul 19, 2009
all this cleaning in the plant is that they are getting ready to sell it, think about it, when you go to sell your home what is the first thing you do? you give it a good cleaning, then you paint it, does this sound familiar people at jnap? when there is smoke, there is fire. enough said.
Joe Dirt

O Fallon, MO

#11 Jul 19, 2009
Chrysler for-ever wrote:
Joe Dirt I think you should take a couple of english classes and learn how to write and use correct grammer and spelling if some of you people lose your jobs at the plant your in for a rough time out in the real world.
Hell I didn't realize i was writing a English Composition for you to judge. I guess I can go back through and judge all your statements also.....Get off your high-horse. 25yrs in, I will have a job somewhere in the Corp.
Just a matter of time. Yes, I will be taking TRA money for school, it will not be in English Comp. either.
Joe Dirt

O Fallon, MO

#12 Jul 19, 2009
Chrysler for-ever wrote:
all this cleaning in the plant is that they are getting ready to sell it, think about it, when you go to sell your home what is the first thing you do? you give it a good cleaning, then you paint it, does this sound familiar people at jnap? when there is smoke, there is fire. enough said.
FOUL!!!!
I think you need to go back to school. Thats some very poor grammer and sentence construction. Now that got annoying quick didn't it? Enough said!
Chrysler for-ever

Macomb, MI

#13 Jul 19, 2009
what is sentence construction? all you guys in St. Louis do not want to face the truth, it is over, get on with your lives, nothing lasts for ever, and be happy you will get a buyout or retirement, alot of people just get a kick in the butt.
Joe Dirt

O Fallon, MO

#14 Jul 19, 2009
Chrysler for-ever wrote:
what is sentence construction? all you guys in St. Louis do not want to face the truth, it is over, get on with your lives, nothing lasts for ever, and be happy you will get a buyout or retirement, alot of people just get a kick in the butt.
Ok, so tell me, what is a guy that is 44 yrs old, has just over 25yrs in supposed to do? Now I have worked around plenty of people who are over 50 and had 10yrs in,,,thats an option I do not have. So where does that leave me as far as options? I surely am not gonna sell myself out. It will be awhile, I will go to school until my number is up to go elsewhere. I will get my 30 in and move on. There are several hundred people in STL that are in the exact same boat as me. Unless they throw us a bone (retirement pkg) thats exceptable, we will be moving to wherever the openings will be in the next year or so.
Chrysler for-ever

Macomb, MI

#15 Jul 19, 2009
good luck for whatever you decide.i hope it works out for you and your family,your doing the right thing in going to school and seeing where the cards fall.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chrysler Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
shap shap rumors (Oct '11) 50 min BST 1,543
Bap to go to two shifts then close by 2018 6 hr Bap 17
Why so many monkeys 9 hr White pride 29
Mack Avenue Engine Plant 12 hr Carl5 73
Kokomo Chrysler Hiring News ? (Jan '12) 14 hr Chos 2,937
my sister was raped by a chrysler worker 15 hr hiya 55
Layoff question 16 hr EqualitY 17
More from around the web