hiring process
Tezha

Plano, TX

#21 Feb 10, 2012
new hire Cowboy Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Belvidere Assembly plant. They are suppose to be hiring 1800 people for the new Dodge Dart.
How do i apply

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#22 Feb 10, 2012
Tezha wrote:
<quoted text>
How do i apply
Welcome to Chrysler LLC Hourly Jobs. Link to apply

http://www.chryslercareers.com/index.html

Chrysler To Add 1,800 Jobs At Belvidere Plant

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/02/02/chrysl...
JNAP25

Clarkston, MI

#23 Feb 10, 2012
<quoted text>
LOL, I don't smoke or drink anything other than mountain dew....the only thing in my system are prescriptions.
Do not even have any narcotic meds in you, even if perscription, they will not take any chances anymore!!! That means pain meds, muscle relaxers, etc.... clean yourself out for 3 days of anything like that just not worth the chance. They will say you can not work around heavy machinery per OSHA...

Since: Feb 12

United States

#24 Feb 10, 2012
JNAP25 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do not even have any narcotic meds in you, even if perscription, they will not take any chances anymore!!! That means pain meds, muscle relaxers, etc.... clean yourself out for 3 days of anything like that just not worth the chance. They will say you can not work around heavy machinery per OSHA...
No the only thing I take is occassional anxiety meds and sleep aids nothing else.
Belvidere newby

Rockford, IL

#25 Feb 11, 2012
All you new hires and those who want to work at the plant must understand there will be no overtime at all. you took away our overtime. We in the plant are being told no overtime ever.

United States

#26 Feb 11, 2012
temp worker wrote:
Good luck and hope to see you in the plant soon. Just come ready to work and you will be fine. Wear good comfortable shoes and bring some Aleve or ibuprofen.
Just got an email. Going Monday for pre-employment paperwork.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#27 Feb 11, 2012
Belvidere newby wrote:
All you new hires and those who want to work at the plant must understand there will be no overtime at all. you took away our overtime. We in the plant are being told no overtime ever.
FIAT wants to keep their cost down. I just wonder if the Federal Government is Still giving out that tax credit for hiring new employees.
Be American

Madison Heights, MI

#28 Feb 11, 2012
Belvidere newby wrote:
good. spend some quality time with your family. there is a life outside the plant, you know.

BE AMERICAN = BUY AMERICAN.
NewGal

Belvidere, IL

#29 Feb 11, 2012
<quoted text>
Just got an email. Going Monday for pre-employment paperwork.
See told ya! You'll get a little piece of paper with your orientation date info after you fill out your paperwork. Congrats!!

United States

#30 Feb 11, 2012
NewGal wrote:
<quoted text>
See told ya! You'll get a little piece of paper with your orientation date info after you fill out your paperwork. Congrats!!
Yes you did:) Now they need to give my wife a date and time for her physical/drug test! We have 4 kids to feed here, lol
NewGal

Belvidere, IL

#31 Feb 11, 2012
<quoted text>
Yes you did:) Now they need to give my wife a date and time for her physical/drug test! We have 4 kids to feed here, lol
I know what you mean! 3 kids here. My husband was also hired, but 2 weeks prior to getting the paperwork email he was offered another full time job. Both of us working 2nd wouldn't have been good on the kids anyways. So it all worked out :)
Keep us updated! Oh and the new hires they are bringing in now get 90 days instead of 120!! Just found that out on Tuesday! Yeah!!!
Made in Michigan

Detroit, MI

#32 Feb 11, 2012
If you quit one chrysler plant could you apply for a chrysler plant in different state?
New Hire Cowboy Fan

Ashton, IL

#33 Feb 11, 2012
NewGal wrote:
<quoted text>
I know what you mean! 3 kids here. My husband was also hired, but 2 weeks prior to getting the paperwork email he was offered another full time job. Both of us working 2nd wouldn't have been good on the kids anyways. So it all worked out :)
Keep us updated! Oh and the new hires they are bringing in now get 90 days instead of 120!! Just found that out on Tuesday! Yeah!!!
Forgive my ignorance here....90 days instead of 120 days of what?
Yeah second shift for both would be very difficult and maybe impossible for both of us to do long term...a couple nights at grandmas...not sure about the other 2 nights....hmmm. One hurdle at a time.
New Hire Cowboy Fan

Ashton, IL

#34 Feb 11, 2012
NewGal wrote:
<quoted text>
ohhh assuming the 90 days is the "trial" period...I just printed out directions...as long as I can find gate 2, I should be fine....I've been by there 100's of times....never actuallypulling up to it though...it was always just passing by
Buttplug

Syracuse, NY

#35 Feb 11, 2012
NewGal wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you saying here? That you will be full time after 90, instead of the normal 120?
NewGal

United States

#36 Feb 11, 2012
Buttplug wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you saying here? That you will be full time after 90, instead of the normal 120?
Yes. They made the decision last Friday that the new hires would get 90 instead of 120

United States

#37 Feb 15, 2012
NewGal wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. They made the decision last Friday that the new hires would get 90 instead of 120
My wife took the drug test today so maybe she will get the same orientation day
Buttplug

United States

#38 Feb 15, 2012
<quoted text>
My wife took the drug test today so maybe she will get the same orientation day
How long before you start cheating on your wife with NewGal?
NewGal

Belvidere, IL

#39 Feb 16, 2012
Buttplug wrote:
<quoted text>
How long before you start cheating on your wife with NewGal?
Ummm I don't appreciate you throwing me in the mix here. I'm not a cheater. Nor will I ever be. Thank you.
Got a Clue

Fishers, IN

#40 Feb 16, 2012
Buttplug wrote:
<quoted text>
Only have to do 120 if your hired from I believe may to august.(summer help) all other times its 90. At least that the way it use to be.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chrysler Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
chrysler hiring process FAQ for new applicants. (Jun '12) 50 min 95Banshee 18,067
No Engine for Dundee?? So much for gold. 8 hr John Holmes 28
How do you like work on the assembly line at Ch... (Jun '15) 20 hr Carl 25
Toledo Machining Plant closing January 2018 22 hr Jack MeHoff 9
Occurances and Seniority (When returns from Lay... Tue Lil turtle 3
Boycott anybody not standing Tue Butcher 15
Belvidere Oct 16 Dr Phil 12
More from around the web