hiring process
First Prev
of 13
Next Last
new hire Cowboy Fan

United States

#1 Feb 10, 2012
Both my wife and I are in the hiring process right now. I am waiting for the drug test to get processed and my wife is waiting for confirmation to schedule hers. How long should it take for the results to be entered and what is the next step? Orientation? If the next step is orientation do we get paid for orientation?
Kid stone

Markham, IL

#2 Feb 10, 2012
new hire Cowboy Fan wrote:
Both my wife and I are in the hiring process right now. I am waiting for the drug test to get processed and my wife is waiting for confirmation to schedule hers. How long should it take for the results to be entered and what is the next step? Orientation? If the next step is orientation do we get paid for orientation?
No you pay them for 8 hrs of orientation.....

Since: Feb 12

United States

#3 Feb 10, 2012
Kid stone wrote:
<quoted text>No you pay them for 8 hrs of orientation.....
LOL, I am assuming that is meant to be funny

Since: Sep 10

Loves Park, IL

#4 Feb 10, 2012
<quoted text>
LOL, I am assuming that is meant to be funny
Once you have completed the interview, drug test, and everything you will be entered into a sort of workforce pool if everything checked out good, once you are in the pool they will contact you to set up orientation(paid) and during orientation they may or may not give you a start date or they may call you with one. The whole process can take up to 2 years or more or it can be relatively quick. What plant did you apply for?

United States

#5 Feb 10, 2012
temp worker wrote:
<quoted text>
Once you have completed the interview, drug test, and everything you will be entered into a sort of workforce pool if everything checked out good, once you are in the pool they will contact you to set up orientation(paid) and during orientation they may or may not give you a start date or they may call you with one. The whole process can take up to 2 years or more or it can be relatively quick. What plant did you apply for?
Belvidere Assembly plant. They are suppose to be hiring 1800 people for the new Dodge Dart.
NewGal

Belvidere, IL

#6 Feb 10, 2012
<quoted text>
Belvidere Assembly plant. They are suppose to be hiring 1800 people for the new Dodge Dart.
I just started this week. Applied in Aug, phone interview in Sept, drug test in Oct, physical in Nov, 8 hour orientation Jan 19 (yes they pay you), call to report 1 week later, started working on Feb 6th.
NewGal

Belvidere, IL

#7 Feb 10, 2012
NewGal wrote:
<quoted text>
I just started this week. Applied in Aug, phone interview in Sept, drug test in Oct, physical in Nov, 8 hour orientation Jan 19 (yes they pay you), call to report 1 week later, started working on Feb 6th.
And this is at Belvidere

United States

#8 Feb 10, 2012
NewGal wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, I took the physical and drug test on Monday just waiting for them to process the results and get started with the next steps. I know they probably have a lot to process.
Jeeper

Madison Heights, MI

#9 Feb 10, 2012
NewGal wrote:
<quoted text>
And this is at Belvidere
good for you!
glad to hear everything worked out for you.
i am ordering a new Patriot at the end of this month, please give me a good build!
RAMFAN

Clarkston, MI

#10 Feb 10, 2012
<quoted text>
Thanks, I took the physical and drug test on Monday just waiting for them to process the results and get started with the next steps. I know they probably have a lot to process.
You no smokey, smokey for 90 day, riiight??

United States

#11 Feb 10, 2012
NewGal wrote:
<quoted text>
And this is at Belvidere
What shift did you get assigned?
NewGal

Belvidere, IL

#12 Feb 10, 2012
<quoted text>
What shift did you get assigned?
2nd. All new people will go to 2nd I believe. And we'll stay there because most of the people currently there will be going to c shift.
NewGal

Belvidere, IL

#13 Feb 10, 2012
RAMFAN wrote:
<quoted text>
What's no smokey supposed to mean??

United States

#14 Feb 10, 2012
RAMFAN wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, I don't smoke or drink anything other than mountain dew....the only thing in my system are prescriptions.
NewGal

Belvidere, IL

#15 Feb 10, 2012
Jeeper wrote:
<quoted text>
good for you!
glad to hear everything worked out for you.
i am ordering a new Patriot at the end of this month, please give me a good build!
I'll try!! There's a good chance I will have touched your Patriot :)

Since: Sep 10

Loves Park, IL

#16 Feb 10, 2012
Good luck and hope to see you in the plant soon. Just come ready to work and you will be fine. Wear good comfortable shoes and bring some Aleve or ibuprofen.

United States

#17 Feb 10, 2012
NewGal wrote:
<quoted text>
What's no smokey supposed to mean??
I'm assuming he meant something like marijuana. Probably just joking but it's hard to tell on line.

United States

#18 Feb 10, 2012
temp worker wrote:
Good luck and hope to see you in the plant soon. Just come ready to work and you will be fine. Wear good comfortable shoes and bring some Aleve or ibuprofen.
Thanks, I'm looking forward to some physical labor after spending the last few years in college and working in schools
NewGal

Montclair, NJ

#19 Feb 10, 2012
<quoted text>
I'm assuming he meant something like marijuana. Probably just joking but it's hard to tell on line.
I figured that out after I realized he was replying to you and not me.
I'm sure you'll get your call soon! It's hard work but if you come ready to work you'll do fine.:)
Tezha

United States

#20 Feb 10, 2012
Can someone please tell me how to apply?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 13
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chrysler Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Caravan Knight going on strike 36 min Ml king 8
Trenton engine 41 min Butcher 14
Assessment at Mack 2 Wednesday 2 hr yogie247 19
Trump unofficially endorsed by Uaw MEMBERSHIP! 3 hr Shaun of the dead 11
Wtap to get full seniority rights to SHAP 3 hr slowmoition 17
Caravan deserves tier 1 pay 3 hr Bad Grandpa 53
1264 , indefinite layoff 5 hr Toro the bull 2
More from around the web