Since: Jul 11

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2012

Great. Well at least I get 3 days off. The only positive to the situation.
Real Worker

Flint, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2012

I'm mad about that crap. This sucks-why do you think Dundee wanted to get rid of it.
F this uaw

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2012

Get rid of this 3-2-120 crap time to get the uaw to sell the 41 1/2 % stake in the company

Bull shit
Mr Positive

Detroit, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2012

JnapA5 wrote:
Great. Well at least I get 3 days off. The only positive to the situation.
And you will be working Sat & Sun on straight time too,positively!!!!!
tpt warren truck

Clio, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2012

When is the third shift going to start at jnap
rgr

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2012

what does 3-2-120 mean?
Jnapguy

Macomb, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2012

Judged:

JNAP as well as the other assembly plants will not be going to 3-2-120. Due to just in time delivery of the parts it isn't feasible. Powertrain certainly can, just not with assembly.

Ypsilanti, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2012

Judged:

Jnapguy wrote:
JNAP as well as the other assembly plants will not be going to 3-2-120. Due to just in time delivery of the parts it isn't feasible. Powertrain certainly can, just not with assembly.
Not according to Chrysler... they say we WILL be using the 3-2-120 work schedule.

Third crew, new jobs, diesel engine head for Jefferson North

Chrysler Group LLC is strengthening its ties with the city of Detroit by adding a third crew and 1,100 new jobs at its Jefferson North Assembly Plant in Detroit (JNAP), expanding the Jeep® Grand Cherokee lineup to include a diesel version for North America and reaffirming plans to add 150 jobs by reopening its Conner Avenue Assembly Plant, also located in the Motor City, for production of the ultimate American sports car—the SRT® Viper.

“Our future, like the history of our brands, is interwoven with the city of Detroit,” Chrysler Group Chairman and CEO Sergio Marchionne said.“Detroit long has been home to renowned innovators and craftsmen. So it is in the Motor City, home of our industrial heritage and a resilient people, that we are entrusting the manufacture not only of the ultimate American sports car, the SRT Viper, and the Jeep Grand Cherokee—the most awarded SUV ever—but also a diesel version of the Jeep Grand Cherokee for North American markets.

“We believe that investing in Detroit is not only the right thing to do, but it is a smart thing to do as we work to write the next chapter in our shared history,” Marchionne said.

Through its new commitments in the Motor City, the city in which the company has its earliest roots, the Chrysler Group is embracing its Detroit heritage and weaving it into the fiber of its future plans, which include producing fuel-efficient, environmentally clean vehicles, such as a Jeep Grand Cherokee diesel. And by adding 1,250 jobs at its two Detroit manufacturing plants, Chrysler Group is demonstrating its belief in the passion, skill and steadfast dedication of the Motor City to build luxurious, high-quality, state-of-the art vehicles that are true to a shared heritage and aspire to create a better and sustainable future.

“We are pleased to have Chrysler Group acknowledge the contributions of the UAW here in the Motor City by relying on our work force to produce two of its most acclaimed vehicles,” General Holiefield, UAW Vice President—Chrysler Department, said.“Our workers nationwide have had a rough couple of years along with the American auto industry and we are proud to be partners in building a future of success starting right here in Detroit.”

The new third crew of approximately 1,100 jobs that Chrysler Group is adding at Jefferson North, home of the Jeep Grand Cherokee and the Dodge Durango, will be part of an operating pattern, called the 3-2-120 schedule that allows each employee an additional 49 days off per year while enabling the plant an additional 49 days of annual production.

Jefferson North was the first Chrysler Group plant in Michigan to add a second crew of production, or about 1,100 jobs, in July 2010. It also was the first Chrysler Group plant to add new hires to its ranks. Current employment at the plant is approximately 2,890.

The new jobs and product announcements build upon the Chrysler Group’s existing commitment, announced last month, to reopen the Conner Avenue Assembly Plant to produce the next generation SRT Viper. With Conner’s reopening, nearly 150 hourly and salaried jobs will return to the city of Detroit.

The next generation Viper will make its return to the product lineup late this year as a 2013 model. Conner employees began reporting for training and orientation in the fall.

Published: Thu, 05 Jan 2012 22:04:44
get real

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2012

rgr wrote:
what does 3-2-120 mean?
3 crews 2 shifts 120 hours of production
crew a works mon-thur 10 hrs days
crew b works wed-sat 10 hrs nights
crew c works fri - sat 10 hr days then works mon-tues 10 nights
no overtime
Voice Of Reason

Madison Heights, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2012

Judged:

get real wrote:
<quoted text>
3 crews 2 shifts 120 hours of production
crew a works mon-thur 10 hrs days
crew b works wed-sat 10 hrs nights
crew c works fri - sat 10 hr days then works mon-tues 10 nights
no overtime
and what's wrong with that?
wish i could work a 4-day week.
why should someone get overtime for Saturday, it's just another day of the week.
adub

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2012

How would this work on holidays for crew b Thanksgiving and holidays that fall on monday
KEP 72

Kenosha, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2012

adub wrote:
How would this work on holidays for crew b Thanksgiving and holidays that fall on monday
you are off anyway and Thanksgiving is always on Thursday, dumbfuck

Ypsilanti, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2012

Judged:

KEP 72 wrote:
<quoted text>you are off anyway and Thanksgiving is always on Thursday, dumbfuck
You know, KEP 72, maybe you're not so bad after all.
ResDcc

Belvidere, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2012

It will be curious to how they handle certain holidays, Thanksgiving being one of the main ones. Normally we are off Thursday and Friday and have the weekend. But with the current schedule, 2 crews will be scheduled to work that Sat. Will the call that day off and SWW or will they have people there. With the amount of people that travel that weekend, I would say it would be hard to staff full shifts then.

As far as other holidays, If it falls on a day your scheduled to work, You get 10 hours of pay and the day off. If it falls on a day your not scheduled to work, you get just 8 hours of pay. Question is, would that extra eight hours place you at 48 compensated hours for the week, and OT. Something tells me that they will fix that OT loophole there.

One last thing. At least at BAP, the projected hours are 6am-4:40pm and 6pm to 4:30am. Which for second shift is one hour away from 3rd shift premium start time. Considering you will be at work at least 9 1/2 hours on 3rd shift time, I wonder if they will be any change in the pay for that time.(IE 5% to 10%)
Got a Clue

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2012

ResDcc wrote:
One last thing. At least at BAP, the projected hours are 6am-4:40pm and 6pm to 4:30am. Which for second shift is one hour away from 3rd shift premium start time. Considering you will be at work at least 9 1/2 hours on 3rd shift time, I wonder if they will be any change in the pay for that time.(IE 5% to 10%)

personally crew B should get 5% and the swing shift C should get 10%. Swapping shift every few days should come with a little extra compensation... Just my 2 cents
Hildalgo

Trenton, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2012

The whole concept sucks
Robby Bob

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2012

Did this back in the mid 80"s ,didnt work then except for the consultants who pocketed big money. When the ether smell faded and everyone came to there sences,it died a rapid death.
JNAP1

Waterford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2012

All high senority will be running to A-shift (Days) in the next 6-8 months BC there will be a cutoff date which will suspend all movement until after everything settles down. Will see how much you like it then.

Ypsilanti, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2012

JNAP1, from what I have seen already, you were right. I have already seen some bumpage in assembly.

In other news, everyone should have received an updated 2012 calendar by now.

Nightmare.

3-2-120 starts November 5th.
Serveitup

Ann Arbor, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2012

A lot of people didn't care about this at first because it was "only" affecting Trenton and GEMA. We tried to tell you guys it was heading your way. Now you know it is. And others are trying to convince themselves it would only work in some plants but it'll never come to theirs. Believe me, they'll MAKE it work in YOUR plant. It will save them tens of millions.

The UAW has blocked almost every attempt for us to get off of rotation. That's why they refused to attack 3-2-120 where it should have been addressed: in the International contract. Yet having all the time and opportunity to do so, the union wouldn't go near it. So, you're on your own. You're going to be on 3-2-120 forever if it's left up to the UAW. You'd better go all out to fight rotation. You'll hate it. Fight for straight shifts. They can schedule you on straight shifts and still stay within 3-2-120. Once you get straight shifts, start getting rid of the old school UAW that refuses to get rid of that ridiculous requirement. It does NOTHING for productivity or profits. It DOES turn your life and health inside out. Read up on it. If you're here, you have the Internet.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of58
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

24 Users are viewing the Chrysler Forum right now

Search the Chrysler Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Chrysler breaking the law at BAP 2 hr grow some 4
chrysler hiring process FAQ for new applicants. (Jun '12) 2 hr Chevy313 10,648
Kokomo Chrysler Hiring News ? (Jan '12) 2 hr KAYK 1,743
BAP July shutdown cancelled? 3 hr WTF 1
Chrysler Referral 3 hr Detroit_09 25
Corporate Seniority 2015 5 hr shapster 60
Referral applicants supersede chrysler website ... 6 hr TCF 2
Scabs at android? 11 hr ou812 27
•••