Fiat to build at St Louis South Plant???

Fiat to build at St Louis South Plant???

Posted in the Chrysler Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
NorthSouth

United States

#1 Apr 29, 2009
Don't get excited yet..........

but supposedly Fiat IS going to build in St Louis. THAT would explain the 4,000 NEW repeat NEW jobs. I am waiting for verification. There's nothing in the media yet but it came from someone in the know.
NorthSouth

United States

#2 Apr 29, 2009
4000 sounds like 3 shifts to me!
HIGHWAYMAN

Granite City, IL

#3 Apr 29, 2009
I heard that from somone a couple a weeks ago too and they are in the loop also.
Indefinitely laid off

Saint Louis, MO

#4 Apr 29, 2009
That would be great news. Has anyone heard if Fiat execs visits stl. I have heard they have been about everywhere else.
NorthSouth

United States

#5 Apr 29, 2009
Fiat was in the south plant last week.
UAW 136

AOL

#6 Apr 29, 2009
That would be great!
NorthSouth

United States

#7 Apr 29, 2009
I bet they are liking the state of the art capabilities!!! A whole plant all to themselves. Think about it. They are only building 1 car in the US so far. 4000 NEW jobs? It's gotta be coming to St Louis!!!! I feel it and I have super SUPER good intuitions!!! Always have. Too late..... I';m excited!!!!! 3 shifts and I'll rule the roost in seniority. Alot of us will!!
Warren 2

AOL

#8 Apr 29, 2009
NorthSouth wrote:
I bet they are liking the state of the art capabilities!!! A whole plant all to themselves. Think about it. They are only building 1 car in the US so far. 4000 NEW jobs? It's gotta be coming to St Louis!!!! I feel it and I have super SUPER good intuitions!!! Always have. Too late..... I';m excited!!!!! 3 shifts and I'll rule the roost in seniority. Alot of us will!!
Heads up you just might be going back to what you all did the best the MINIVAN. You all at that plant had a good rep. for that prod.
uaw spouse

AOL

#9 Apr 29, 2009
Thank you for the complement. St Louis will do a good job in whatever we make. We want to work!
NorthSouth

United States

#10 Apr 29, 2009
Thanks, Warren... appreciate that. We won many awards for the minivan. Besides a few dumbass hicks, we were all pretty good peeps! Not to dis anyone, but we were ALWAYS the better plant. Higher production AND quality.

Man, I just thought of the 650 that we built in a shift day after day after day!!! In 2004 I believe.
just thinking

Walkerton, Canada

#11 Apr 29, 2009
Marchionnea faits boss was born and raised in Windsor ontario went to school at uow.
so you can bet he will build faits in Canada and maybe move all the chrysler products back to the usa
onthestreet

O Fallon, MO

#12 Apr 29, 2009
NorthSouth wrote:
Whats your time NorthSouth? I have 5/95 But went to 136 for 3 months. Im laid off from there, so I wonder If I go back to south if it reopens?
pipefitter

United States

#13 Apr 29, 2009
I went to vote on the contract this morning, (KCP ) That question was asked about which plant. Pat Cooper our regional rep said at this time it is undetermined. Good Luck though
NorthSouth

United States

#14 Apr 29, 2009
pipefitter wrote:
I went to vote on the contract this morning,(KCP ) That question was asked about which plant. Pat Cooper our regional rep said at this time it is undetermined. Good Luck though
Thanks, pipefitter. I feel good about this one. We will know very soon.
NorthSouth

United States

#15 Apr 29, 2009
just thinking wrote:
Marchionnea faits boss was born and raised in Windsor ontario went to school at uow.
so you can bet he will build faits in Canada and maybe move all the chrysler products back to the usa
Guess you haven't heard the new UAW contract modifications??? Fiat to build one vehicle in the UNITED STATES and will create 4000 jobs. It has St. Louis South written ALL OVER it.
NorthSouth

United States

#16 Apr 29, 2009
onthestreet wrote:
<quoted text>
Whats your time NorthSouth? I have 5/95 But went to 136 for 3 months. Im laid off from there, so I wonder If I go back to south if it reopens?
Technically, you are laid off from 136. Most definitely we will be going back.
NorthSouth

United States

#17 Apr 29, 2009
Ah, you meant laid off from 136. Either way, who ever isn't gonna be working in the north plant surely will go back IF they DO reopen it.
onthestreet

O Fallon, MO

#18 Apr 29, 2009
NorthSouth wrote:
Ah, you meant laid off from 136. Either way, who ever isn't gonna be working in the north plant surely will go back IF they DO reopen it.
I talked to joe sheilds and he said that question has come up and international would decide that but it has happened in the past.
NorthSouth

United States

#19 Apr 29, 2009
4000 "new" jobs? Obviously they are not going to hire that many. Sure sounds nice... nice enough to say it that way. Open an idled plant, bring back people, transer people in and call it "new jobs".

Since: Oct 08

Toledo, OH

#20 Apr 29, 2009
I've heard the same thing here too, but rumors of course. I've got my fingers crossed for all you good folks there!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chrysler Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
JNAP Expansion 17 min Non President Obama 6
More lay offs coming to KTP, Itp1, Itp2, Ttp 7 hr Spencer 18
All tier 2 will be laid off 12 hr Me troll 24
February profit sharing $4200 13 hr M Roberts 20
Toledo Machining Plant 14 hr Jack the Ripper 15
DEP has rats 21 hr For the people 10
2017 Profit sharing Formula 21 hr PureJunk 67
More from around the web