Saturday, March 3rd 6 a.m.
What should I expect that day?
NewGal

Belvidere, IL

#2 Feb 13, 2012
new hire Cowboy Fan wrote:
Saturday, March 3rd 6 a.m.
What should I expect that day?
Get there super early...I'd say 5:30. You get your badge pic taken first and if you get there just a bit before 6 (like I did) you'll have to stand in line. There was 120 in my orientation and I was close to the end. That's a long time to stand. If you're at the beginning, you can go sit down. You'll be there for about 8 1/2 hours. Take a lunch if you need to eat. I didn't. Wish I did. Diffent groups of people will come in and talk to you. Write stuff down. People will ask questions. It's hard to remember everything. You may or may not get your start date. The part time people did. Us full time people had to wait for our call to report to work. Mine was on the 19th and i started on the 6th. So not very long. Just be patient. That's pretty much it. You can wear jeans or whatever you want. Have fun! You're almost there

Since: Feb 12

United States

#3 Feb 13, 2012
NewGal wrote:
<quoted text>
Get there super early...I'd say 5:30. You get your badge pic taken first and if you get there just a bit before 6 (like I did) you'll have to stand in line. There was 120 in my orientation and I was close to the end. That's a long time to stand. If you're at the beginning, you can go sit down. You'll be there for about 8 1/2 hours. Take a lunch if you need to eat. I didn't. Wish I did. Diffent groups of people will come in and talk to you. Write stuff down. People will ask questions. It's hard to remember everything. You may or may not get your start date. The part time people did. Us full time people had to wait for our call to report to work. Mine was on the 19th and i started on the 6th. So not very long. Just be patient. That's pretty much it. You can wear jeans or whatever you want. Have fun! You're almost there
O.K. thanks. I'm ready to get started:)
Dartman

Rockford, IL

#4 Feb 13, 2012
Be prepared. They will draw blood in accordance with mandatory drug screening. A rectal exam will also be conducted in the privacy of an office.
Really it's easy. Picture a few questions then they will call you. What you have to worry about is where you will be placed. Will you be able to work 6pm-4:30am Wednesday thru Saturday? New hires will all be put on B shift. No exceptions since you have no seniority. Good luck.
NewGal

Belvidere, IL

#5 Feb 13, 2012
My union steward told me Saturday night that c crew is still a possibility for new hires. A crew...no. But c crew possible.

United States

#6 Feb 13, 2012
Dartman wrote:
Be prepared. They will draw blood in accordance with mandatory drug screening. A rectal exam will also be conducted in the privacy of an office.
Really it's easy. Picture a few questions then they will call you. What you have to worry about is where you will be placed. Will you be able to work 6pm-4:30am Wednesday thru Saturday? New hires will all be put on B shift. No exceptions since you have no seniority. Good luck.
LOL...they could draw blood dailey.All they will get back is pepperoni pizza and mountain dew.

I'm assuming B shift is what i'll get, atleast there's the slight shift bonus for that. C wouldnt bother me either...other than the back and forth from day to night thing but I'm sure I would adjust
sspt2

Marshall, MI

#7 Feb 13, 2012
Bring a pillow because you are about to sit through 8 hours of UAW propaganda safety BS and world class manufacturing lectures for about 2 to 5 days depending on where they place you. Do you know if you are full time, temporary part time or summer vacation replacement?
Are you going straight to a plant for orientation or the chrysler UAW headquarters?
justice

United States

#8 Feb 13, 2012
I think most of these good folks are in IL....not Detroit
sspt2

Marshall, MI

#9 Feb 13, 2012
Mabes .. i know JNAP is getting a third crew soon and i know they are suppose to bring more people in SSP as well
justice

United States

#10 Feb 13, 2012
Oh ok im just waiting on a orientation date...I'm in Detroit...the lady said they were filling spot at Mopar them Marysville..
sspt2

Marshall, MI

#11 Feb 13, 2012
Iv been working for chrysler for about a year and a half now. The one thing i have learned is to not believe anything until it happens. I know others will back me up on that. This company is full of nothing but rumors. It did take 4 or 5 moths from when i applied to get a start date And when they do notify you of your start date it will be on a friday to start that following monday. Don't plan on putting in two weeks notice at your current job. Its happened to everybody i have talked to.
JNAP24

Clarkston, MI

#12 Feb 13, 2012
sspt2 wrote:
Iv been working for chrysler for about a year and a half now. The one thing i have learned is to not believe anything until it happens. I know others will back me up on that. This company is full of nothing but rumors. It did take 4 or 5 moths from when i applied to get a start date And when they do notify you of your start date it will be on a friday to start that following monday. Don't plan on putting in two weeks notice at your current job. Its happened to everybody i have talked to.
THEIR ARE VERY FEW PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY KNOW WHATS GOING ON AND DO NOT SPREAD RUMORS. FIND OUT WHO THEY ARE AND TALK TO THEM ONLY WHEN YOU HAVE A QUESTION.. THE RUMORS ARE JUST OUT OF CONTROL RIGHT NOW. I HAVE ALWAYS TOLD MY PEOPLE, GO IN THERE PLANNING ON WORKING A 9-10HR DAY NO MATTER WHAT YOU HEAR, AND IF YOU END UP GOING HOME ITS JUST A BONUS, BUT DO NOT BELIEVE WHEN YOU HEAR YOU ARE GOING HOME EARLY OR YOU WILL BE DISAPPOINTED AND DAY WILL DRAG ASS...
NewGal

Belvidere, IL

#13 Feb 13, 2012
sspt2 wrote:
We were told that in orientation. Call on Friday to report on Monday. But I actually got my call on Wed Jan 25...to start on Feb 6th. I was holding out telling my current job but decided to tell them on the 24th that my call could come anytime. They only let me finish that week out. So I had 9 days of no work and no paycheck. So yes...no one should expect to be able to give a 2 week notice.

ALSO... be available ALL the time! She told us in orientation that if she calls you and you don't answer she will not leave a message. She'll skip over you and try another time! DO NOT miss your opportunity!
Dartman

Rockford, IL

#14 Feb 14, 2012
NewGal wrote:
My union steward told me Saturday night that c crew is still a possibility for new hires. A crew...no. But c crew possible.
That is to keep you from leaving. You will be on B shift.
NewGal

Belvidere, IL

#15 Feb 14, 2012
Dartman wrote:
<quoted text>
That is to keep you from leaving. You will be on B shift.
And I'm fine with that. It actually is the best fit for my family. So whereever it will be.. I'm good.

United States

#16 Feb 14, 2012
NewGal wrote:
<quoted text>
And I'm fine with that. It actually is the best fit for my family. So whereever it will be.. I'm good.
My wife just got the email and is going for her physical today. I hope there is a c shift option. With 4 kids at home it would probably be better for us to have different shifts if possible.
NewGal

Belvidere, IL

#17 Feb 14, 2012
I was told its possible. But as you see... People who have been at Chrysler say they lie. So time will tell.
They gotta put 1800 people somewhere. And it's kinda dumb to put 1800 brand new people all on 1 shift.
Congrats to your wife!

United States

#18 Feb 14, 2012
NewGal wrote:
I was told its possible. But as you see... People who have been at Chrysler say they lie. So time will tell.
They gotta put 1800 people somewhere. And it's kinda dumb to put 1800 brand new people all on 1 shift.
Congrats to your wife!
Everyones situation and reality is different. I know it was on the news about the c shift thing. I'11 stay hopeful, if not we'll figure out something.
sspt2

Portage, MI

#19 Feb 14, 2012
NewGal wrote:
<quoted text>
We were told that in orientation. Call on Friday to report on Monday. But I actually got my call on Wed Jan 25...to start on Feb 6th. I was holding out telling my current job but decided to tell them on the 24th that my call could come anytime. They only let me finish that week out. So I had 9 days of no work and no paycheck. So yes...no one should expect to be able to give a 2 week notice.
ALSO... be available ALL the time! She told us in orientation that if she calls you and you don't answer she will not leave a message. She'll skip over you and try another time! DO NOT miss your opportunity!
I would assume you are a TPT?
NewGal

Belvidere, IL

#20 Feb 14, 2012
sspt2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I would assume you are a TPT?
TFT

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chrysler Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
shap shap rumors (Oct '11) 1 hr No one really 2,034
Trump = White Trash in a suit. 3 hr Serg 17
121,000 miles on my Dodge Caliber going strong 7 hr Dodge Man 11
2008 Town and Country problems (Apr '12) 12 hr Agermonprez 11
any traitors out there? 14 hr Sam I am 21
Dundee layoffs 15 hr Hambone 23
OPT OUT of useless UAW!! (Oct '15) 16 hr Ramman 81
More from around the web