Detroit PDc
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
dcx96

New Baltimore, MI

#1 Aug 29, 2008
Just wanted to pass along to you fellows who no longer work at chrysler that Uncle larry announced his retirement very very abruptly on Thrusday, so much so that he had to leave ASAP. We on the floor think maybe it had something to do with all the missing money from the charity fund or that they finally told him retire or fire. Anyway looks like we have NEW guy from...... Toyota coming in, great here we go again.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#2 Aug 29, 2008
How many "okays" did he use in his farewell speech?

Location hidden

#3 Aug 29, 2008
dcx96 wrote:
Just wanted to pass along to you fellows who no longer work at chrysler that Uncle larry announced his retirement very very abruptly on Thrusday, so much so that he had to leave ASAP. We on the floor think maybe it had something to do with all the missing money from the charity fund or that they finally told him retire or fire. Anyway looks like we have NEW guy from...... Toyota coming in, great here we go again.
Besides that, how are things going at the plant.

Since: Aug 08

Troy, MI

#4 Aug 29, 2008
There will be more on September 30th. Managers will see on black Tuesday. I hate to see anyone lose a job, but if they are not doing their job properly they should go. If hourly performed their jobs in the same way as most managers they would be written up to and including discharged. Does anyone get tired of being mismanaged out of a job?

Location hidden

#5 Aug 30, 2008
I worked at Detroit PDC from the start and there have been very few supervisors who did their jobs the right way. Management has made poor decision after poor decision and they are to blame for the downfall of the business. It would always piss me off when we had townhall meetings about how we needed to improve to gain back our share of the market. I thought that was managements job to grow the business, our jobs concerned the handleing of the parts.
going going gone

Trenton, MI

#6 Aug 30, 2008
all i can say goodbye larry and and dont let the door knob hit ya where the good lord split ya this wont be the last shakeup comming count 3 supervisors out very soon along with layoffs around the corner hold on tight the ride is going to get bumby and believe me some are going to fall off...
dcx96

New Baltimore, MI

#7 Aug 31, 2008
Thats what we have heard is supervisors are going too, cant imagine any on days, they seem pretty capable. however rumor has it like stated above sept 30th will be dooms dat for some mngt heads, they already forced out cortez and zophie so now Larry, and man it was really strange on how he did it, he seemed very nervous about it, oh and big Liz started to cry LMAO. For the most part things at the plant are rolling in good direction we seem to be doing really good, he said about 10okays in farewell speech.

Location hidden

#8 Aug 31, 2008
dcx96 wrote:
Was the missing charity money ever found?
going going gone

Trenton, MI

#9 Aug 31, 2008
if you think the monies going to be found thats not happening, that was swept under the rug just like the last time. and if anyone thinks the detroit pdc is doing so great, why was larry fired! if your pdc is moving in all the right directions, you dont fired the person leading you in that direction.wake up detroit
dcx96

New Baltimore, MI

#10 Aug 31, 2008
Yes, GGG you make some great points but Larry getting the retire or fire treatment(pure speculation on the fire part) we believe had more to do with the missing money situition than the performance of the depot. Now the money was never nor will it be found, but we were led to beileve that felica was to blame for this and her getting fired was the cure all. now corp. will no longer allow us to do charity events or raise money for charity due to this. Larry was given numerous chances to retire but this time we think they brought up the charity issue and offered him a dime he could'nt refuse so he went, we will never know the truth, and hey the next gut may be no different. regardless of what people say Larry did bad things to us but he ran a good ship in my opinion, made mistakes along the way too was a jerk to us all, but knew business and thats all it was to him was pure business, good bye ahole LP. More to come I'm sure.

Location hidden

#11 Aug 31, 2008
Is there any rumor of how many layoffs are coming?
dcx96

New Baltimore, MI

#12 Sep 1, 2008
have'nt heard any numbers but have heard it's mngt and hourly going, I even heard things like Detroit will be a 1 shift operation once all the bugs are worked out of the picking and stocking on both shifts then it will be on 1 to get the parts out faster, thats just rumor but can see that coming true, that way they can lay off many and still get er done.

Location hidden

#13 Sep 1, 2008
Hey tell all the guys I said hi and goodluck. Hopefully ya'll make it through this. I'm glad now I did not take that summer supervisor job. Any updates on David Kircus, last I heard he was released by the Dolphins. I sure his number 1 fan has the inside story.
going going gone

Trenton, MI

#14 Sep 1, 2008
what happen to our local contract? if they were so close why have the union just keep on with the same bullsht oh we are still working on it we must demand more from our leaders than just lip service they dont want u to know and now with a new pdc manager its all a new ball game now people.its been a yr now wake up demand to know. the sides deals might be over now, rosetta is going to really be on the hot seat lets see her and hear her double talk now people. hell we have not got a copy of the national agreement, wake up people before its too late this leadership is full of bullsht and you got lazy no good for nothin employees puttin these people back in yr. after yr. just because of the side deals made to save their job she will sell someone down the river to save a vote for her,wake up people wake up

Location hidden

#15 Sep 1, 2008
Good luck in getting Rosetta and Krauth to change or answer the tough questions. If you get on Rosetta's bad side she will tell all your business and if you get on Krauth's bad side he will try to get you fired. Neither one of them tell the truth, they will lie to your face, but how do you get them to change now?
dcx96

New Baltimore, MI

#16 Sep 2, 2008
Yeah agree, all we have heard thus far is we working on it, What can we really say it's not just her or dave it's harvey and up, why because no one is making waves and no one will because thry say look at the economy we lucky to have jobs. What hot seat, she could call some one something really bad (um) and get away with that do you really think she gives a rats ass if ?'s about a contract come up she can dance, but again it;s upper UAW too not just her. Did'nt you know it takes 3 yrs to make 66k of the contract thats why we don't have it yet or maybe they're hidn something.

Location hidden

#17 Sep 2, 2008
Is centerline still said to be closing?

Since: Aug 08

Troy, MI

#18 Sep 7, 2008
Centerline is not one of the depots closing. Jim Press is coming to packaging this Tues 9th to tour and allocate more money for the purchase of new machinery. As far as the local agreement they are working on them at all plants, but they will not be finished until the 4 day work week issues are resolved and then that language will be added to local agreements. Then off to the union printers , so be patient.
John Denver

AOL

#19 Sep 7, 2008
Take me home country road! Take me home!
DISGRUNTLED

United States

#20 Sep 10, 2008
OK,I missed something, I never heard about missing money. What happened there? What charity was it for?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chrysler Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
February profit sharing $4200 1 hr Blahblahblah 31
When you get a divorce. 5 hr Azzclown 16
Trenton Engine (Nov '15) 6 hr Bill Clinton 11
Major layoffs at Mack Engine 6 hr Bill Clinton 98
Tpts at wrap dwindling 8 hr jenkinsthegay 5
Profit sharing Feb 2017 $7000 Fri belike 19
Trump. A communist or a fascist? Fri Dr Phil 32
More from around the web