New Hire at Belvidere
78Brougham440

United States

#1 May 1, 2012
Just wondering what I should expect. I have orientation May 14th. I read somewhere on here to not expect to be employed for more then 2 years. Is there any truth to that? I've always loved Mopars and this is kinda a dream come true for me. It would really bum me out if they can me after 2 years. Thanks.
CWT8

Marengo, IL

#2 May 1, 2012
78Brougham440 wrote:
Just wondering what I should expect. I have orientation May 14th. I read somewhere on here to not expect to be employed for more then 2 years. Is there any truth to that? I've always loved Mopars and this is kinda a dream come true for me. It would really bum me out if they can me after 2 years. Thanks.
I had orientation on March 31st and still haven't had a call to start yet. Called yesterday and they said to be patient and they will call when we are needed.

Since: Jul 11

Ypsilanti, MI

#3 May 1, 2012
78Brougham440 wrote:
3rd shifts/crews usually don't last very long, but you never know what may happen. As with anything in the manufacturing industry, you only work if there is demand. No demand, no work. That's the downside.
fire

United States

#4 May 2, 2012
It's probably going to be awhile for you and anyone else waiting. There are so many excess workers in there now, that departments are "literally" tripping over each other. Word has it that there will be a downsizing soon to cut the excess, meaning/reading between the lines, that some of the "dead weight" workers will be gone. Unfortunately, some of the new hires didn't understand the word work. I guess some of you new hires will have all kinds of time now checking your cell phones, texting, etc.
Richmond

Rockford, IL

#5 May 17, 2012
I took my drug test for Chrysler. Any one start working yet?
Budlight301

Anderson, IN

#6 May 17, 2012
tier ones are the dead weights and are jealous of us tiers twos. take monster Wang fire and jnap5
tier two

Loves Park, IL

#7 May 18, 2012
Budlight301 wrote:
tier ones are the dead weights and are jealous of us tiers twos. take monster Wang fire and jnap5
Don't listen to this guy he is an idiot.

Since: Jul 11

United States

#8 May 18, 2012
LOL! See what happens when you ASSume? News Flash: I am a new hire, genius!
Kay

Rockford, IL

#9 May 19, 2012
Just curious, does anyone know what's going on with the shifts? as far as new hires? The last time they called me they said something about 40hrs a week.. and now I just read an article in RRSTAR saying they were switching over to 60hrs a week for Dart production.

??

Since: Sep 10

Loves Park, IL

#10 May 19, 2012
When 3 crew starts (still scheduled for July 23) it will be 40 hours. Right now we are working overtime Monday thru Friday and will probably start Saturdays in June.

Since: Sep 10

Loves Park, IL

#11 May 19, 2012
tier two wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't listen to this guy he is an idiot.
Agreed
ken

Milwaukee, WI

#12 May 19, 2012
I drink beer
Kay

Rockford, IL

#13 May 19, 2012
temp worker wrote:
When 3 crew starts (still scheduled for July 23) it will be 40 hours. Right now we are working overtime Monday thru Friday and will probably start Saturdays in June.
Gotcha, thanks!
dep
#14 May 19, 2012
how many are planned to b built per shift?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chrysler Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
10 amp fuse blows when in reverse 1 hr Simon Carr 2
Team leaders are useless. 2 hr Jack Kenoff 12
Dundee Engine Plant Syncreon Layoffs 6 hr Tater Salad 7
Dundee in a mess 8 hr Iceman 33
whats gonna happen to tpts when shap shuts down? 11 hr Juice 10
chrysler hiring process FAQ for new applicants. (Jun '12) 11 hr Juice 17,447
News 2017 Chrysler Pacifica: Return of the American van 14 hr Mossy 4
More from around the web