senoity at ssp
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
vvf

United States

#1 Jun 6, 2012
What happened at sterling stamping that mcgraw glass recieved their full senority rights some years back, why doesn't the union stop giving people ther
e senority based on attrition, they keep sayin that attrition is banked over the years , jimmy gooden was the one who originally started this mess.
573 is my local

Columbus, OH

#2 Jun 6, 2012
This is old news get over it Sapp your 20years mean nothing just ask John Stary you will be back on second in no time
ssp wkr

United States

#3 Jun 6, 2012
This happened a while ago if you are asking what happened that the uaw gave the mcgraw glass workers their plant senority after their plant closed. Jimmy gooden came in and told us that closed plant senority had to rule because of the workers had retired over the years. The jobs had been banked and all the 100 or so mcgraw people would be granted their corporate time. This is still an issue at sterling , I've worked there for 26 years, its always been that way. Jimmy is retired now.
lasko10

United States

#4 Jun 6, 2012
Who's Jimmy Gooden? Are we talking about Nate Gooden? Get facts straight it was Maurice Mitchell who made call. He said so at a special meeting.
ssp wkr

Akron, OH

#5 Jun 6, 2012
Yes Maurice was nates boy, he did send the word that the union was right un giving them their senority, I would like to hear from other ssp workers, ray says that it never happened, because everyone who's plant closed gets their time regardless of attrition, because of banking, I think its unfair. Some of them still have more time then me.
lasko10

United States

#6 Jun 7, 2012
If your plant is picking people up out of the pool there are attritional openings. Also if your plant has work transferred to your plant from another plant u can go with seniority. Following the job. Ray will promise u that u won't get layed off because of this. Unless of course its a relative of an international rep. Then u will be layed off.
UAW 122

United States

#7 Jun 7, 2012
Dave Stalnaker told the members of Twinsburg that they wiped out the banking of attritional openings but when you ask other local unions they tell us that's how there doing it in their plants hell Dave even had Keith Mikens write letter telling us from Twinsburg that any attritional open that occurred during the bankruptcy were wiped clean which is a lie this was to protect all of Dave Stalnakers people
ssp wkr

United States

#8 Jun 7, 2012
Sorry about u guys but in Detroit we do it right, never heard of stalnaker is he a rep? Iuaw always has stood by the fact that closed plant senority rules. It's a lot of twinsburg people here that came with their work and kept their rights. Attritional openings occur over time and are banked as they happen and used when people need them.
UAW 122

United States

#9 Jun 7, 2012
ssp wkr wrote:
Sorry about u guys but in Detroit we do it right, never heard of stalnaker is he a rep? Iuaw always has stood by the fact that closed plant senority rules. It's a lot of twinsburg people here that came with their work and kept their rights. Attritional openings occur over time and are banked as they happen and used when people need them.
Stalnaker is a international rep for the pdc ther were 39 people who took buyouts or retired from the Cleveland pdc from 2007 to 2011 they gave us 7 attritional openings in 2010 Dave said the rest were wiped out during the bankruptcy even though we fall under the m-4 language. He also said that we will fill attritional opening from as they occurre from 2010 on
ktp

United States

#10 Jun 7, 2012
Here we go again. You only get your senority when you come from an actuall closed plant. If u go to a new plant they have to give you your senority when your plant closes. Everyone in the company that was moved from a closed facility has their time. Let it go!!!!!
true grit

United States

#11 Jun 7, 2012
That's not true, I work at ssp and I'm a former mcgraw glass worker, the senority issue was explained to me that all employees who come from a closed plant would be given theory senority by attrition, if there are openings that occurred prior to the employees coming to that plant they would bank them and it would be designated to those employees within a year of being at the new plant. That's why Maurice Mitchell explained it the to us when he spoke to the meeting. They still give people those spots if you come from a closed plant.
UAW 122

Cleveland, OH

#12 Jun 8, 2012
true grit wrote:
That's not true, I work at ssp and I'm a former mcgraw glass worker, the senority issue was explained to me that all employees who come from a closed plant would be given theory senority by attrition, if there are openings that occurred prior to the employees coming to that plant they would bank them and it would be designated to those employees within a year of being at the new plant. That's why Maurice Mitchell explained it the to us when he spoke to the meeting. They still give people those spots if you come from a closed plant.
That's my point they meaning the international told us that only 7 attritions were available when we found paper work showing that 38 people took buyouts or retired the international said die to bankruptcy those no longer are available but if you talk to other locals they do bank over the life of the contract
true grit

United States

#13 Jun 8, 2012
When Maurice came to the union meeting and explained the other international reps who were there agreed that it was contractual and that all attritional openings are banked when people retire and took buyouts, although there were no buyouts when this occured.
UAW 122

Cleveland, OH

#14 Jun 8, 2012
true grit wrote:
When Maurice came to the union meeting and explained the other international reps who were there agreed that it was contractual and that all attritional openings are banked when people retire and took buyouts, although there were no buyouts when this occured.
Is ther any paper work that I could get to help my fight to show them that they are violating the national contract
ssp wkr

United States

#15 Jun 8, 2012
Senority is given to an employee when they are laid off and placed in an opening that,is created by attrition. Maurice Mitchell knew that the mcgraw glass employees, some were related to him from what we hear, were not going to get an opening unless they granted those banked jobs to be used, only thing is some had been at multiple plants before.
UAW 122

Cleveland, OH

#16 Jun 8, 2012
ssp wkr wrote:
Senority is given to an employee when they are laid off and placed in an opening that,is created by attrition. Maurice Mitchell knew that the mcgraw glass employees, some were related to him from what we hear, were not going to get an opening unless they granted those banked jobs to be used, only thing is some had been at multiple plants before.
Why do they keep deleting this topic
ktp

United States

#17 Jun 8, 2012
Only way senority is giving if there is an actual opening at the new plant that was made by attrition
lasko10

Crittenden, KY

#18 Jun 8, 2012
What people are forgetting is an attritional opening is created when someone quits,dies or retires. It's a non issue everyone that is hired now us due to an opening created by the buyouts. In the contract of 2007 most of the language went away when the union agreed to get rid of BEL numbers.
ssp wkr

United States

#19 Jun 8, 2012
Are u saying a buyout isn't considered an attritional opening, I thought that was a voluntary quit. How can an opening be banked over time?
lasko10

Crittenden, KY

#20 Jun 8, 2012
When we were using BEL numbers they could be banked. Since we don't use BEL anymore as I said in previous post. Whenever your plant picks up from pool or hires new off the street it is do to attritional openings.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chrysler Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Profit sharing $5800! 47 min Simple Contract L... 119
No good Norwood Jewell 1 hr Easy E local12 58
$1250 profit sharing 2018 2 hr Bigwormskidoo 4
German auto workers strike for 28 hour work week 7 hr Ballroom dancing ... 4
Trenton good, Mack bad 8 hr Tmz 10
bvap will never close 9 hr Fruityfarmer 1
chrysler hiring process FAQ for new applicants. (Jun '12) 10 hr K1ng 18,631
More from around the web