AOL

#22 Nov 4, 2009
Sigh wrote:
U.A.W.= Unemployed Auto Workers
Paycheck not effected, JEALOUS, I've never missed a paycheck
uawguy

Rockford, IL

#23 Nov 4, 2009
ok lets do a little math. I know it might be a little difficult for some of you! I work at B.A.P. where caliber, patriots and compasses are built. Yes they are cheap and poorly ingineered vechicles. To know blame of the U.A.W. members that assemble them. We have been the bench mark of the entire industry for the harbor report for years. That is how long it takes to assemble a vechicle. right now its right around 20 hours from start to finish. After the last consession that the union gave the company our total hourly rate including benifit and legacy costs was around $50.00 per hour. So that would mean it costs the company about $1000.oo in labor to assemle a vechile that cost around $20,000 so that means only about 5% of the vechicle cost is labor. So what makes up the other 95%??? Even before when the auto industry big shots were preaching we were making $75.00 per hour that still only worked out to be $1500.00 per vechile still less than 10% of the cost. I think its time that you idiots that want to blame the U.A.W. for the down fall of the American auto industry find a new place to point the finger. Its not us its the fat cats sittin behind a desk in detroit making 7 and 8 digit salaries that have never steped foot in an assembly plant!!!!!
UAW-136

Houston, TX

#24 Nov 5, 2009
Sigh wrote:
U.A.W.= Unemployed Auto Workers
Sigh = Someones-Is-Giving-Head Now shut up and suck you lil bitch!.
Sigh

Kokomo, IN

#25 Nov 5, 2009
UAW-136 wrote:
<quoted text> Sigh = Someones-Is-Giving-Head Now shut up and suck you lil bitch!.
Wow, such aggression! What a tough guy you are on here behind your PC. I wont stoop to your level with the insults, but lighten up and take a joke tough guy!
Willis

United States

#26 Nov 5, 2009
uawguy wrote:
ok lets do a little math. I know it might be a little difficult for some of you! I work at B.A.P. where caliber, patriots and compasses are built. Yes they are cheap and poorly ingineered vechicles. To know blame of the U.A.W. members that assemble them. We have been the bench mark of the entire industry for the harbor report for years. That is how long it takes to assemble a vechicle. right now its right around 20 hours from start to finish. After the last consession that the union gave the company our total hourly rate including benifit and legacy costs was around $50.00 per hour. So that would mean it costs the company about $1000.oo in labor to assemle a vechile that cost around $20,000 so that means only about 5% of the vechicle cost is labor. So what makes up the other 95%??? Even before when the auto industry big shots were preaching we were making $75.00 per hour that still only worked out to be $1500.00 per vechile still less than 10% of the cost. I think its time that you idiots that want to blame the U.A.W. for the down fall of the American auto industry find a new place to point the finger. Its not us its the fat cats sittin behind a desk in detroit making 7 and 8 digit salaries that have never steped foot in an assembly plant!!!!!
Very Well Said.....
strat5772

Saint Louis, MO

#27 Nov 5, 2009
This poll is a joke. I worked at many places before hiring at Chrysler and many workers at these places were lazy, greedy and dumb also. Why is the UAW being singled out? That is just the mindset of most workers in america and the government and corporations promote it to keep us stupid so nobody questions anything. I will tell you this though; working in an auto factory is back-breaking work. The wages that are paid to workers in those factories are just and fair for the work performed. Believe me. Before I got a job there I thought I had done hard jobs before.
I started at SLPS and my first month there, I thought I was in hell. My hands and wrists hurt so bad I would almost cry by the time i got of work. My back felt like it had been run over by a tractor and my feet were numb from standing on cold hard concrete for 10 hours a day. And I'm no wimp. I'm 6'2" and 210 pounds and and have bailed hay most of my life.
The pain never really goes away, you just learn to live with it.
When I started there I was only making $12.54 an hour and it took me 15 years of killing myself and my body on every sh*tf*ck job in there to get to $27.00 an hour. You don't just walk in making $27.00 an hour and have an easy job all night. I believe I earned every penny of it. And as for people who have never even worked in an auto plant you have no clue what you are even talking about. I would love to see you people work that line and watch you go through what we all did. You would have whole new perspective on things and you would stop talking out of your ass.

strat5772

Saint Louis, MO

#29 Nov 7, 2009
Thats what I thought. You are such a coward you cant even reply. F*#king IDIOT!
The Truth

AOL

#30 Nov 8, 2009
strat5772 wrote:
Thats what I thought. You are such a coward you cant even reply. F*#king IDIOT!
Correction, a jealous coward

“otr trucker”

Since: Feb 09

ionia mi

#31 Nov 8, 2009
really don't care what you think , i've seen many auto plants and worked on the line, easy easy money yet thousands mucked it up. Not 1 UAW worker deserves more then $12 bucks a hr i'll be generous today its sunday. Unions are a joke , they didn't go to bat for me when i was illegally terminated. So they all can bite me. Cept if i was a druggie i would've been sent to the UAW substance abuse retreats. Like Black lake. Will not be a production job over minimum wage within 3yrs at this rate
The Truth

AOL

#32 Nov 8, 2009
walmartbiker wrote:
really don't care what you think , i've seen many auto plants and worked on the line, easy easy money yet thousands mucked it up. Not 1 UAW worker deserves more then $12 bucks a hr i'll be generous today its sunday. Unions are a joke , they didn't go to bat for me when i was illegally terminated. So they all can bite me. Cept if i was a druggie i would've been sent to the UAW substance abuse retreats. Like Black lake. Will not be a production job over minimum wage within 3yrs at this rate
Illegally terminated, lol, your not biased i see lol
uawguy

Rockford, IL

#33 Nov 8, 2009
walmartbiker wrote:
Illegally terminated??? Well if thats the case then you didn't need the union. You should of gone through the NLRB of department of labor if the union was unwilling to. But I think we all know your just another lazy ass worker that didnt want to show up and do your job the way it was supposed to be done so the union had no means to fight your case.

“otr trucker”

ionia mi

#34 Nov 8, 2009
perfect attendence, grivences denied i tried fighting to no avail, like i said i wasnt a druggie so union didnt care
lightenup

AOL

#35 Nov 8, 2009
Walmartbiker ?
What the heck is that ?
A biker that hangsout at walmart or maybe one of those people who ride around inside walmart with a scooter?
Joe Dirt

Elmwood Park, IL

#36 Nov 8, 2009
walmartbiker wrote:
perfect attendence, grivences denied i tried fighting to no avail, like i said i wasnt a druggie so union didnt care
So tell us your 'fluffed up' version of why you got fired, let us determine the merit of it, since you have sooo much to say about our wages and work. Also are you a ORTrucker??? If so what is your wage? I'm sure its around 20 an hour or more. Lets use the concept you say autoworkers are worth 10-12 an hour,,,if that the case a trucker is worth about 5-6 bucks an hour sittin on your ass all day chattin on the CB...Right?

“otr trucker”

ionia mi

#37 Nov 8, 2009
yo dirt , you clueless fu*****, unless you're doing me or employing me i don't owe diddly
uawguy

Rockford, IL

#38 Nov 8, 2009
walmartbiker wrote:
yo dirt , you clueless fu*****, unless you're doing me or employing me i don't owe diddly
So what were you illegally fired for? It's almost impossible to be fired from a union shop. The only reasons i've seen in 15 years. Are drugs or alchol, Attendence, or simply not doing your job. You want to get on here and talk shit. So tell us all for what reason were you "illegally fired"???
Been there Done That

Plainfield, IL

#39 Nov 8, 2009
Listen, I was a represented employee and manager for Chyrsler and will tell anyone who will listen that the UAW stands for Ungrateful Auto Worker, never before have so many bitched so much over so little. The union lost sight of the worker many years ago and, like management, is only worried about the bottom line, how much in dues are they taking in. With that mentality they quit representing the worker that actualy wants to do a good job and the union started paying attention to and fighting for only those about to loose their jobs through own gross negligence. That left the good employee holding the bag making the same amount of money as the shitbag employee with no voice in the matter, but expected to continue to put out.

Now with that being said, I also place much of the blame of the current state of the industry on Managment. Through collective barganing each side has the ability to ask for the world and find concensus somewhere in the middle. However Auto industy management lost their stones sometime back in 60's and couldn't wait to give the union whatever they asked for just to keep the peace. Go along to get along with no vision of the future and how today's agreement will affect the situation down the road. Like a governement welfare program, once it is in the "book" it never goes away.

Management should have excersised lock out procedures in the late mid-80's or the mid 90's to get things back under control but never did. Now everyone is looking for a job.
Joe Dirt

Elmwood Park, IL

#40 Nov 8, 2009
walmartbiker wrote:
You come on this forum talkin Sh1t about our jobs, pay etc...Few people call you on your blah blah blah and you get mad, what are your hemmeroids flaring gain from sittin on your ass drivin a 'big-rig' all day.lmao
The Truth

AOL

#41 Nov 8, 2009
uawguy wrote:
<quoted text>So what were you illegally fired for? It's almost impossible to be fired from a union shop. The only reasons i've seen in 15 years. Are drugs or alchol, Attendence, or simply not doing your job. You want to get on here and talk shit. So tell us all for what reason were you "illegally fired"???
in my 19 years I've never seen anyone get fired that shows up to work and does his or her job
The Truth

AOL

#42 Nov 8, 2009
Been there Done That wrote:
Listen, I was a represented employee and manager for Chyrsler and will tell anyone who will listen that the UAW stands for Ungrateful Auto Worker, never before have so many bitched so much over so little. The union lost sight of the worker many years ago and, like management, is only worried about the bottom line, how much in dues are they taking in. With that mentality they quit representing the worker that actualy wants to do a good job and the union started paying attention to and fighting for only those about to loose their jobs through own gross negligence. That left the good employee holding the bag making the same amount of money as the shitbag employee with no voice in the matter, but expected to continue to put out.
Now with that being said, I also place much of the blame of the current state of the industry on Managment. Through collective barganing each side has the ability to ask for the world and find concensus somewhere in the middle. However Auto industy management lost their stones sometime back in 60's and couldn't wait to give the union whatever they asked for just to keep the peace. Go along to get along with no vision of the future and how today's agreement will affect the situation down the road. Like a governement welfare program, once it is in the "book" it never goes away.
Management should have excersised lock out procedures in the late mid-80's or the mid 90's to get things back under control but never did. Now everyone is looking for a job.
Management is only worried about how they can climb the company ladder

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chrysler Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
any traitors out there? 11 min Jaw inspector 17
Fired 12 hr Oldnavysweater 18
Tier 1 12 hr Oldnavysweater 8
121,000 miles on my Dodge Caliber going strong 14 hr Dodge Man 7
Trump = White Trash in a suit. 17 hr Nation 16
OPT OUT of useless UAW!! (Oct '15) 20 hr Lacdoo 77
Mazda3 = steaming turd 20 hr Jeeper 5
More from around the web