The Truth

AOL

#1 Nov 2, 2009
Rich compared to you
Willis

United States

#3 Nov 2, 2009
O.M.G. This guy doesnt know what
hard work is..He obvious has no clue. Jeez, these people.

Since: Sep 09

Crawfordsville, IN

#4 Nov 2, 2009
How about none of the above. I will admit that before I hired on at Chrysler, I use to have the same mind set as th person that started this poll. I can assure everyone that there is no way any vehicles made by th big 3 would be on the road today if it were not for th UAW workers. Yes, we do have ur issues. The largest issue I have as a UAW worker is that the public feels they have a need to know when it comes to our wages and benefits. Now, I'll admit that they do NOW have a need to know since they have bailed our company.

If you are not, or have not been a UAW worker you really should keep your opinions to yourself. That way you will keep us unsure of YOUR ignorance.
Larry N

Mokena, IL

#5 Nov 2, 2009
It is against my better judgement to even entertain such an ASSinine poll but, lets keep sending our jobs across the big blue to the foriegners, much to the chagrin of the IDIOTS who post such crap and then we will see who has been made the real jack---!

Crawfordsville, IN

#6 Nov 2, 2009
Larry N wrote:
It is against my better judgement to even entertain such an ASSinine poll but, lets keep sending our jobs across the big blue to the foriegners, much to the chagrin of the IDIOTS who post such crap and then we will see who has been made the real jack---!
My vote is for the federal government. Right after that I say, international and the company tie for second.
Checkin In

Savannah, GA

#7 Nov 2, 2009
I know what it's like. That's why I left. I bet Truth sits on his job and replies to this forum all day. If Chrysler would fire the lazy ones, they wouldn't have to offer buy outs. And every Chrysler UAW worker knows I am telling the truth. There are so many lazy one's, they far out number the hard workers. Sad...
Joe Dirt

Elmwood Park, IL

#8 Nov 2, 2009
Checkin In wrote:
I know what it's like. That's why I left. I bet Truth sits on his job and replies to this forum all day. If Chrysler would fire the lazy ones, they wouldn't have to offer buy outs. And every Chrysler UAW worker knows I am telling the truth. There are so many lazy one's, they far out number the hard workers. Sad...
If the boss allows them to be lazy, they should be fired too, last time I checked I/we all have a jobe to do, and the assembly line waits on nobody.
Checkin In

Savannah, GA

#9 Nov 2, 2009
Joe Dirt wrote:
<quoted text>If the boss allows them to be lazy, they should be fired too, last time I checked I/we all have a jobe to do, and the assembly line waits on nobody.
What about the janitors, machine operators and skilled trade. Oh please are you afraid that the public will learn the truth? I have even seen people on the line go to unbelievable lengths to avoid working. This happening everyday on a regular basis.
Checkin In

Savannah, GA

#10 Nov 2, 2009
Joe Dirt wrote:
<quoted text>If the boss allows them to be lazy, they should be fired too, last time I checked I/we all have a jobe to do, and the assembly line waits on nobody.
The bosses are afraid to fire people. They are fearful of retaliation. One of the only ways a boss can fire you is attendance. There are a lot bad things going on in the Chrysler plants.
Checkin In

Savannah, GA

#11 Nov 2, 2009
walmartbiker wrote:
Hope ford is on the way to being bankrupt, bunch of lazy UAW workers their. I go to many plants both foreign and domestic and see it 1st hand. Sad cause i was born and raised a union dude, but their greed has cost us the middle class in most parts of the country. I know they've done nothing for me (uaw) so they can file bankrupcty also. I've yet to meet a autoworker that deserves more then $10 bucks a hr cause they don't produce that much in revenue. I buy nothing but foreign purposely and quite happy
Sadly, there is much truth to what you say. While a lot of UAW people have come to their senses, for decades the average UAW worker produced, possibly, 5 hours of work for 8 hours of pay. My book A Savage Factory details the "hit squads" of foremen (including me) and security guards that periodically raided the men's rooms at the Sharonville Transmission Plant. Without exception we found men sleeping on makeshift beds on top of commodes. We once broke us a hot poker game where a bottle of Jack Daniels was being passed around from UAW guy to UAW guy sitting in a circle in the bathroom corner. We suspended them, then the UAW used its muscles to intimidate Ford to bring them back. I was attacked by a guy with a knife. He was fired, was off two months, as the UAW and Ford "negotiated" then he was brought back, the 4600 was purged from his file and he was given all back pay plus a factor for Overtime that he missed while being off. The reason Ford gave to me: it was just a little penknife and if he had stuck me it would not have hit any vital organ. Oh, yes, the UAW will eventually kill the entire auto industry, just as the USW killed the steel industry and the railway union killed the Mighty Pennsy. They have reformed, but it is too late, as is shown by their refusal to accept concessions putting Ford on an even footing with other auto works. More thousands of jobs will be lost. It is sad. Very sad. Working men and their unions built the middle class. Now they are dismantling the middle class.

This is the exact behavior I witnessed during my 16 years working for Chrysler. THIS IS THE TRUTH!!!
from inside

United States

#12 Nov 2, 2009
What a load of sh*t
Joe Dirt

Elmwood Park, IL

#13 Nov 2, 2009
Checkin In wrote:
<quoted text>
The bosses are afraid to fire people. They are fearful of retaliation. One of the only ways a boss can fire you is attendance. There are a lot bad things going on in the Chrysler plants.
Ya took the buy-out now your dumpin on em huh?
Shatzke

Columbus, OH

#14 Nov 2, 2009
Checkin In wrote:
walmartbiker wrote:
Hope ford is on the way to being bankrupt, bunch of lazy UAW workers their. I go to many plants both foreign and domestic and see it 1st hand. Sad cause i was born and raised a union dude, but their greed has cost us the middle class in most parts of the country. I know they've done nothing for me (uaw) so they can file bankrupcty also. I've yet to meet a autoworker that deserves more then $10 bucks a hr cause they don't produce that much in revenue. I buy nothing but foreign purposely and quite happy
Sadly, there is much truth to what you say. While a lot of UAW people have come to their senses, for decades the average UAW worker produced, possibly, 5 hours of work for 8 hours of pay. My book A Savage Factory details the "hit squads" of foremen (including me) and security guards that periodically raided the men's rooms at the Sharonville Transmission Plant. Without exception we found men sleeping on makeshift beds on top of commodes. We once broke us a hot poker game where a bottle of Jack Daniels was being passed around from UAW guy to UAW guy sitting in a circle in the bathroom corner. We suspended them, then the UAW used its muscles to intimidate Ford to bring them back. I was attacked by a guy with a knife. He was fired, was off two months, as the UAW and Ford "negotiated" then he was brought back, the 4600 was purged from his file and he was given all back pay plus a factor for Overtime that he missed while being off. The reason Ford gave to me: it was just a little penknife and if he had stuck me it would not have hit any vital organ. Oh, yes, the UAW will eventually kill the entire auto industry, just as the USW killed the steel industry and the railway union killed the Mighty Pennsy. They have reformed, but it is too late, as is shown by their refusal to accept concessions putting Ford on an even footing with other auto works. More thousands of jobs will be lost. It is sad. Very sad. Working men and their unions built the middle class. Now they are dismantling the middle class.
This is the exact behavior I witnessed during my 16 years working for Chrysler. THIS IS THE TRUTH!!!
The %70$37 is getting deep in here, i,M outta here.
Junkyard Dog

Houston, TX

#15 Nov 3, 2009
walmartbiker is angry because he got taken for $20 after a failed blumpie attempt.I hard they held him down and gave him a dirty hitler.
Jeff Duco

Houston, TX

#16 Nov 3, 2009
hey dude i got shanked too,all i could do is yell out "dont shank me bro".
mad

United States

#17 Nov 4, 2009
you never worked in a plant making cars or trucks you dont know what hard work is i busted my but making trucks and your just mad you could not buy a new car making $10.00 an hour uaw workers are hard working and we do are jobs well you would not last one day in a plant
bob

AOL

#18 Nov 4, 2009
UAWworkers are the best in the world!!!!!!
uawguy

Rockford, IL

#19 Nov 4, 2009
gee this is funny!! cause im sure some of the people thought the same thing a couple weeks ago that just hired in a blp for the second shift. unfortunately they have a whole new respect for auto workers. the ones still there, and the ones that didnt even last one week. thats right people hurting for money been laid off for over a year and you would think they would do anything for an income decided it would be better to try to get a job at mcdonalds for less money than to destroy there bodies doing the work ive been doing everyday for the last 15 years. mind you they were making half of what i was with the new 2 tier pay system. I think the auto industry and idiots like you might have to revamp your ways of thinking if you think were lazy and underpaid. come on perfectly healthly people half my age cant do my job but im lazy, greedy or dumb? Know sir you are dumb and severly misinformed!!!

Crawfordsville, IN

#20 Nov 4, 2009
uawguy wrote:
gee this is funny!! cause im sure some of the people thought the same thing a couple weeks ago that just hired in a blp for the second shift. unfortunately they have a whole new respect for auto workers. the ones still there, and the ones that didnt even last one week. thats right people hurting for money been laid off for over a year and you would think they would do anything for an income decided it would be better to try to get a job at mcdonalds for less money than to destroy there bodies doing the work ive been doing everyday for the last 15 years. mind you they were making half of what i was with the new 2 tier pay system. I think the auto industry and idiots like you might have to revamp your ways of thinking if you think were lazy and underpaid. come on perfectly healthly people half my age cant do my job but im lazy, greedy or dumb? Know sir you are dumb and severly misinformed!!!
I have to agree with you 150%. As I stated in my first post on this thread, I had a wrong conception about the auto workers at Chrysler and GM/Delphi. I found out very quickly after hiring on just how wrong I was. I would work with many of the people I have worked with over the past years. The majority of the people I have worked with at Chrysler are harder workers than I have worked with at other companies. If the UAW auto workers were lazy, everyone would be driving nothing but foreign made vehicles. Please correct me if that statement is wrong, but I don't think it is.
Sigh

Kokomo, IN

#21 Nov 4, 2009
U.A.W. = Unemployed Auto Workers

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chrysler Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trenton engine election time soon any thoughts ?? 42 min Scab conductors 8
Ethanol fuel burns faster than non ethanol and ... (Jan '11) 8 hr Eric 19
Get rid of Norwood Jewel 11 hr Dun 5
Dundee layoffs 13 hr K Smithy 33
Chicken bones 16 hr Cindy 13
How do you like work on the assembly line at Ch... (Jun '15) Fri 39monthsonlineand... 23
Ma Mopar (Jan '12) Fri Big J 4
More from around the web