TOLEDO assessment emails beginning to go out

Posted in the Chrysler Forum

Comments (Page 243)

Showing posts 4,841 - 4,860 of7,045
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Faith

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4977
Apr 27, 2013
 
rrpz wrote:
It all comes down to the orientation letter. We all got our conditional offers, taken our physicals and now we are all waiting on orientation letters. They want us to be ready and waiting for when they need us. It doesnt mean we will all go to work. They overhired for a reason because they know some folks wont make it for various reasons. thats why they have a pool to pick from. But in the event that not as many people quit, get fired, etc, then the people in the pool wont get to work. Just because we passed our physicals does not guarantee us a job.
I understand what u r saying however, everyone has not taken a physical that recieved an offer, I know a few ppl myself.
ello

Perrysburg, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4978
Apr 27, 2013
 

Judged:

2

If you took your physical all ready Im positive you will get hired...why do you think they are still doing assessments? Because they haven't hit their projected number of screened applicants for their "pool" so if you've taken your physical 2 months ago like myself I think we are good to go and there will be a spot for us as we are in a good position on the list so to speak .... All you can do is wait anyway so just keep doing that.

Since: Feb 13

Maumee, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4979
Apr 27, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

In an attempt to calm some peoples worries. For those that don't know or remember when we applied back in aug of 2012 Chrysler had plans on hiring 1100 people and said that most of those 1100 would be needed for a 2nd shift Cherokee line. That shift isn't reportedly starting until after summer is over. Several reputable sources have all along said that they would need about a 100 people to backfill wrangler line which was true ive heard they did hire about 150 people couple months ago for wrangler. And these same sources also said they would need 200-300 more lucky people to go on FIRST shift Cherokee which is probably what is going on now to start that line in a month or so.So what im trying to say if we don't get called here in the next few weeks for first shift probably just about all of us now with congrats status will be hired for 2nd shift this fall where they should need another 500-600-700 people. It would be interesting to hear from someone that is going in weds for orientation how many are in the orientation class. If the class is like a 100 people then I would think if they need 300 or so now that they will have 100 in next week and the week after also. just my guess of course cause wo really knows what the hell is going on in this crazy process.
Overland

Sylvania, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4980
Apr 27, 2013
 
I think you hit the nail right on the head dakotaguy. There will also be people that will quit the process or the job. Then it sounds like they will have a certain number of TPT's. If you were not denied after the assessment I think that you have a very good chance of eventually getting a job. Good Luck to everyone!
detroit lady

Pinckney, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4981
Apr 27, 2013
 
Just received my call from H.R for orientation location be on the look out
Mel

Southfield, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4982
Apr 27, 2013
 
detroit lady wrote:
Just received my call from H.R for orientation location be on the look out
Do they call or send email?
detroit lady

Plymouth, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4983
Apr 27, 2013
 
Mel wrote:
<quoted text>Do they call or send email?
They call from a 419 area code.
Mel

Troy, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4984
Apr 27, 2013
 
detroit lady wrote:
<quoted text> They call from a 419 area code.
Thanks for the information and congratulation to you.
Jeeper83

Temperance, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4985
Apr 27, 2013
 
dakotaguy wrote:
In an attempt to calm some peoples worries. For those that don't know or remember when we applied back in aug of 2012 Chrysler had plans on hiring 1100 people and said that most of those 1100 would be needed for a 2nd shift Cherokee line. That shift isn't reportedly starting until after summer is over. Several reputable sources have all along said that they would need about a 100 people to backfill wrangler line which was true ive heard they did hire about 150 people couple months ago for wrangler. And these same sources also said they would need 200-300 more lucky people to go on FIRST shift Cherokee which is probably what is going on now to start that line in a month or so.So what im trying to say if we don't get called here in the next few weeks for first shift probably just about all of us now with congrats status will be hired for 2nd shift this fall where they should need another 500-600-700 people. It would be interesting to hear from someone that is going in weds for orientation how many are in the orientation class. If the class is like a 100 people then I would think if they need 300 or so now that they will have 100 in next week and the week after also. just my guess of course cause wo really knows what the hell is going on in this crazy process.
Friday April 26 2013 we vote on are local agreement if pass Chrysler will Hires more parttime worker for seniorty worker to work only four ten hours days in a week and not the sixty hours they do now on teams.Tpt will work Friday,Saturday.
newHIRE419

Toledo, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4986
Apr 27, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Jeeper83 wrote:
<quoted text>Friday April 26 2013 we vote on are local agreement if pass Chrysler will Hires more parttime worker for seniorty worker to work only four ten hours days in a week and not the sixty hours they do now on teams.Tpt will work Friday,Saturday.
kind of confused about your last statement. When I accepted my full time permanent position on C.C. It clearly stated full time and permanent. Are you implying the local contract may switch the currently waiting new hires to tpt. Thanks a lot for keeping us updated!!!!
Almost Retired

Polk, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4987
Apr 27, 2013
 

Judged:

3

1

jeeper83 is saying that since our plant contract passed jeep will now be hiring additional workers as TPT's to cover the seniority workers that choose to work a 40 hour week and take a rest from the 60 hours they have been working for a very long time. The TPT's will work Friday and Saturdays.
Jeeper83

Temperance, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4988
Apr 28, 2013
 
newHIRE419 wrote:
<quoted text>
kind of confused about your last statement. When I accepted my full time permanent position on C.C. It clearly stated full time and permanent. Are you implying the local contract may switch the currently waiting new hires to tpt. Thanks a lot for keeping us updated!!!!
Anyone Hires Fulltime permanent should not worry like the first eleven hundreds people.Chrysler been calling twentyfive seniorty people aweek to fill there teams for the slow roll out.
Hopeful

Toledo, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4990
Apr 29, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Congrats to all who have been contacted regarding orientation. I'm sure hoping they contact me too this week. It sure got quiet on here. Maybe that means lots of people are getting notifications. Good Luck to all !!!!
Dont shoot the messenger

Temperance, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4991
Apr 29, 2013
 
Jeeper83 wrote:
<quoted text>Anyone Hires Fulltime permanent should not worry like the first eleven hundreds people.Chrysler been calling twentyfive seniorty people aweek to fill there teams for the slow roll out.
Of the "twentyfive senority people aweek...." How many are transfers who are returning? ;).
Dont shoot the messenger

Temperance, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4992
Apr 29, 2013
 
Almost Retired wrote:
jeeper83 is saying that since our plant contract passed jeep will now be hiring additional workers as TPT's to cover the seniority workers that choose to work a 40 hour week and take a rest from the 60 hours they have been working for a very long time. The TPT's will work Friday and Saturdays.
In other words, if you did not take the time to check the, temporary part time box, you go to the end of the line as these are the people who they will need to hire/train first for "wrangler" side. This allows some potential new hires to be held back even farther as the mass hiring of tpt's will take precedence over just to satisfy the new "agreement". Trust me, with the two sides be open to each other. There will be bleed over that new hires will come from the "tpt"pool. Because every time this kind of agreement comes into place the company always over hires. Then again why wouldn't they? I did not want this.

Since: Apr 13

Toledo, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4993
Apr 29, 2013
 
rrpz wrote:
<quoted text>Your right on that. If you got the orientation letter, you are good. i didnt get it 'wrong'. I just didnt mention the orientation letter in the last post. So to clairify...if you got the orientation email, you are good. if you have received and accepted the congrats on your offer letter but havent received the orientation email yet, you may be one of the ones that may have been overhired.
So are you saying that the people who are not working or doing their orientation on the first of May are over hired, or is it a longer process to wait. So many rumors are going on and well the HR person told my friend that it is a demand issue and she could not tell him anymore. They were nice and on their cc page, it said congrats on the new position. Do you keep on checking your cc page or do you just wait for them? This is a confusing process for so many people and so many people who got their messages saying congrats on your new position, and yet there are others who are starting way earlier than others. What is the real truth and what is going on with any other information? maybe people from the orientation on the first of May will be able to tell more information regarding this. Can it go against someone if they call every 3 to 4 weeks to see what is going on? Please keep up updated if anyone can. Thanks a bunch

Since: Apr 13

Toledo, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4994
Apr 29, 2013
 
Hopeful wrote:
Congrats to all who have been contacted regarding orientation. I'm sure hoping they contact me too this week. It sure got quiet on here. Maybe that means lots of people are getting notifications. Good Luck to all !!!!
Well they did not contact my friends 4 of them who said that they were hired or congrats and well I also heard that they are doing this in other weeks ahead. I wish that they would tell the process and all these rumors would stop. It is crazy and people really need to tell what is going on. I am hoping that they call my friends, they have families to support and bills to pay and just wanting to work. I feel so bad for everyone who did not get called and people are saying that they just over hired. When my friend asked the HR department they said that it is in demand and that those things are not true. They said if they were not going to have you work there, they would flat out send you a message or tell you. I will keep everyone informed by what is REALLY going on and prayers to everyone involved in this long and stressful process. Thanks

Since: Apr 13

Toledo, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4995
Apr 29, 2013
 
dakotaguy wrote:
In an attempt to calm some peoples worries. For those that don't know or remember when we applied back in aug of 2012 Chrysler had plans on hiring 1100 people and said that most of those 1100 would be needed for a 2nd shift Cherokee line. That shift isn't reportedly starting until after summer is over. Several reputable sources have all along said that they would need about a 100 people to backfill wrangler line which was true ive heard they did hire about 150 people couple months ago for wrangler. And these same sources also said they would need 200-300 more lucky people to go on FIRST shift Cherokee which is probably what is going on now to start that line in a month or so.So what im trying to say if we don't get called here in the next few weeks for first shift probably just about all of us now with congrats status will be hired for 2nd shift this fall where they should need another 500-600-700 people. It would be interesting to hear from someone that is going in weds for orientation how many are in the orientation class. If the class is like a 100 people then I would think if they need 300 or so now that they will have 100 in next week and the week after also. just my guess of course cause wo really knows what the hell is going on in this crazy process.
Thank you so much for this helpful information. So many people are still waiting and this will relieve some stress for others. Thank you again and please keep us updated.
arh1992

Maumee, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4996
Apr 29, 2013
 
Do you go straight to work a day after orientation?? Or is there a waiting period in between orientation and working in the Toledo plant?
NewHire

Toledo, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4997
Apr 29, 2013
 
We had orientation and then just started our normal shift.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 4,841 - 4,860 of7,045
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

14 Users are viewing the Chrysler Forum right now

Search the Chrysler Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Chrysler Physical 46 min Swim my 27
chrysler hiring process FAQ for new applicants. (Jun '12) 5 hr Highly favored 13,356
BAP Get ready for some time off 8 hr fred 20
sycreon votes down contract (Apr '11) 10 hr bap employee 2,297
Kokomo Chrysler Hiring News ? (Jan '12) 13 hr Me 2,054
Chrysler Referral 13 hr Patiently waiting 51
2012 ram headlights suck on dim.. (Feb '12) 13 hr Jeff 92
•••

Buy a New Car


Zipcode:
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••