TOLEDO assessment emails beginning to...

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#4879 Apr 23, 2013
I've had my congrats going on five months. I really hope orientation starts soon. Almost forgot, I'm even waiting for this job to start. Also is there any info on Chrysler giving money for school. Seeing I have a little more than a year left (if I even have time to attend school) saving some money would be nice.
ello

Perrysburg, OH

#4880 Apr 23, 2013
Unless there is massive overtime a 40 hour work week will only bring you home like $475 after you pay uncle Sam (give or take)...is it going to be 6 10s?? If not there are other jobs out there where you can make a similar wage and provide for your family.. Ive worked for an automotive supplier since 07 when I got out of the army the pay and benifits are great around $20 an hour..however, ive spent more time laid off from there than working. The average age is like 55 with 20+ years of seniority....I'm just hoping I can stay working a solid year for once without being laid off, or is this unrealistic? Sometimes I think I should of stayed in the army id be way ahead..or would I? Who knows! I just want to work and stay working (hopefully without layoff!) Good luck everyone!
Kentucky

United States

#4881 Apr 23, 2013
I took my assesmemt Friday. Received a email today that they had all the info they need and if I'm selected they will contact me about the next step.. Does that mean I passed the assesment?
got your number

Oak Harbor, OH

#4882 Apr 23, 2013
DONT SHOOT is just trying to scare people off because he wants the company to think people will not work for this wage in these conditions because it might lead to his own wages decreasing, or at the very least people realizing his job is not the hardest work anyone has faced. Many new hires will perform the work just fine, and guess what? One job with long hours including overtime pay and good medical coverage beats two 9 dollar hour jobs with no bennies. Either way, not enough time for family and leisure but one scenario is better by far. He would be the type to avoid in the plant. He is probably setting newbies up to lose their jobs, nasty angry "little" man he is....
Hmmmmm

Maumee, OH

#4883 Apr 23, 2013
misbehavin wrote:
<quoted text> So I called Chrysler career and I was told that is not an option. That once you are denied after assessment that is it. You are not considered for other positions or able to be considered for other plants. That i would have to reapply and start process over. So who knows.....
When I spoke to CC in February they said they would be pulling from the denial list to replace people that quit (maybe after they do all of the hiring, idk). The man said that is their policy. He also said they keep your application for one year and the only way you would have to reapply in that year is if Chrysler opens the hiring to the public again. He said if Chrysler opens it up to the public in the next year than you must reapply but if they do not then your application is still in their system for possible employment even if you were denied. I hope this helps you a little. I'm not holding my breath but there is always a possibility. Oh, and there is always the possibility that CC does not quite know what they are talking about or Chrysler is playing by different rules for the mass hiring. Good luck to you.
misbehavin

Lapeer, MI

#4884 Apr 23, 2013
Hmmmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
When I spoke to CC in February they said they would be pulling from the denial list to replace people that quit (maybe after they do all of the hiring, idk). The man said that is their policy. He also said they keep your application for one year and the only way you would have to reapply in that year is if Chrysler opens the hiring to the public again. He said if Chrysler opens it up to the public in the next year than you must reapply but if they do not then your application is still in their system for possible employment even if you were denied. I hope this helps you a little. I'm not holding my breath but there is always a possibility. Oh, and there is always the possibility that CC does not quite know what they are talking about or Chrysler is playing by different rules for the mass hiring. Good luck to you.
Thanks for the info. The lady I talked to today was kind of rude and short so maybe she just told me whatever cuz she having a bad day. I don't know. This whole process has just been crazy! So at this point I supposes anything is possible. Nevertheless I will just keep looking and maybe my number will get pulled for Chryslers denial pool lottery or maybe not.

Since: Oct 08

Toledo, OH

#4885 Apr 24, 2013
Dont shoot the messenger wrote:
<quoted text>
You see, I can see through the dreams that most of these people have. While its a little shocking that the same still exists with a $16 an hour job to the same one that was topping out at around $28-30 not less than 4 years ago (excluding trades). People see this job as an end all to their issues, while it could very well create others more pressing of the same nature. Some want to congratulate and throw a party. I am more realistic and rather offer my condolences and think a funeral is more appropriate. Now this is not applied to everyone, I am sure this opportunity will be a win-fall for a few of you, but in reality the majority is going to be dissapointed.
Here is my educated prediction, educated with time and soon some of your education will start regardless of if you take it in or not. Unless we have a long term major growth in our economy for a decade or more these people will suffer some major layoffs. Some people just want to use the opportunity to save cash and go out on their own for their own venture, the one person I think of is the same person who just wants to bilk our government for their own benefit or maybe build some type of retirement nest egg. These people are so blatant with their plans that even when they are exposed to their plans of stealing your tax dollars. They simply profess how they are simply better than you and can get away with it, being able to "write grants" is the new statement that comes to mind . Now I am done talking about and to these assholes.
The benefits aside.......... If you have a booze, drug, or gambling problem, this job providing some extra money compared to walmart or mcdonalds is not going to fix you, its only going to afford you to be dragged deeper into your depravity. That hole becomes so much deeper when you get the notice you are on lay off. Some people see this as a way to catch up on their child support payments but they buy an 80" tv instead. More importantly before any of this is even going to happen to any of you ..........30% are going to quit or are going to walk out or stop showing up/ or be walked out for substandard performance or attendance . After your 90 another 10% are going to be fired on attendance with in a year. Then you have the a few who are looking for husbands to take care or them and the few who are looking for trouble (that they will find) These are conservative numbers, they will be much higher!
Done with the doom and gloom? Here is something that may hit closer to home......
There are alot of good parents in the world, the schedule(s) you will be subjected to is going to affect your ability to keep that up , in fact the chances your child will be a delinquent or felon in their adult years is going to increase 3 times because of this. If thats shocking, then you dont want to hear the real numbers.
Some of you have the mental ability to better yourself beyond what you are trying to do now. The schedule involved is so unpredictable you will never get to know what your full potential is. Hey dont take my word for it, ask TNAP wife about her experiences and how she sold her self short.
LMAO!!! Wheres the violin audio Shoot?
Have a great upcoming weekend all!! As I see this thread is becoming a little too "stinky" with all the sh*t being thrown, I'll be back to report any new news.. But then, Shoot seems to want to keep you all informed, so you go for it buddy! When theres something REAL to talk about, I'll be back on. Read thru the BS people, apparently PAPA BEAR seems to think you need the lesson...
WISHES FOR THE BEST.!! You know how to get in touch with me other than this public part of forum if you need me. Off to enjoy my shortcomings of life, as Shoot wants to think I have had to do. LMAO!!
Hopeful

Toledo, OH

#4886 Apr 24, 2013
Thanks TNAPWife. The meanies have taken over. Many come here to read but don't feel like leaving a comment. Probably afraid of being attacked. I always appreciate your input. We all need to encourage each other here. I'm quite tired of all the bickering. But I will continue to check for good news....like when people start getting contacted for orientation. I come here looking for hope.
Dont shoot the messenger

Lambertville, MI

#4887 Apr 24, 2013
got your number wrote:
DONT SHOOT is just trying to scare people off because he wants the company to think people will not work for this wage in these conditions because it might lead to his own wages decreasing, or at the very least people realizing his job is not the hardest work anyone has faced. Many new hires will perform the work just fine, and guess what? One job with long hours including overtime pay and good medical coverage beats two 9 dollar hour jobs with no bennies. Either way, not enough time for family and leisure but one scenario is better by far. He would be the type to avoid in the plant. He is probably setting newbies up to lose their jobs, nasty angry "little" man he is....
.......And your shooting the messenger. First off, the company already knows by the turnover rates at other plants that not everyone is willing or able to do the work (why do you think they take so many apps compared to the number of openings?). Second, I'm not worried about my wages decreasing as there are still openings in my trade and the posting for them on cc has been up for over 4 months (how long did that posting you applied for stay up?), feel free to apply for it. Not enough time for family and leisure may be acceptable to people like you....... but your not everyone, maybe you have a secret to how you condition yourself for that, if so I would love to hear it. If you do get hired in take a good long look at how the older workers move around, look at their hands. You definitely have made a statement on the direction the younger generation is headed and that is much bolder than anything I could ever post here.
Dont shoot the messenger

Lambertville, MI

#4888 Apr 24, 2013
Hopeful wrote:
Thanks TNAPWife. The meanies have taken over. Many come here to read but don't feel like leaving a comment. Probably afraid of being attacked. I always appreciate your input. We all need to encourage each other here. I'm quite tired of all the bickering. But I will continue to check for good news....like when people start getting contacted for orientation. I come here looking for hope.

Your right, we need more flowers and sunshine because thats all this job really is and people need to start getting use to all the wonderfulness now because it could be a real shock when they are actually faced with it.
Dont shoot the messenger

Lambertville, MI

#4889 Apr 24, 2013
TNAPWife wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO!!! Wheres the violin audio Shoot?
Have a great upcoming weekend all!! As I see this thread is becoming a little too "stinky" with all the sh*t being thrown, I'll be back to report any new news.. But then, Shoot seems to want to keep you all informed, so you go for it buddy! When theres something REAL to talk about, I'll be back on. Read thru the BS people, apparently PAPA BEAR seems to think you need the lesson...
WISHES FOR THE BEST.!! You know how to get in touch with me other than this public part of forum if you need me. Off to enjoy my shortcomings of life, as Shoot wants to think I have had to do. LMAO!!
The world is filled with all kind of people, some people dont mind raising kids on their own as long as they have a boat load of cash to spend from their kids other parent whos always working. They may never tell you but they know what was lost, you could be lucky and they might LMOA like you and ask where the violins are at, money affects different people in different ways, I guess it has to do with how you are raised.
Dont shoot the messenger

Lambertville, MI

#4890 Apr 24, 2013
ello wrote:
I'm just hoping I can stay working a solid year for once without being laid off, or is this unrealistic? Sometimes I think I should of stayed in the army id be way ahead..or would I? Who knows! I just want to work and stay working (hopefully without layoff!) Good luck everyone!
You should get at least a year, a day or so ago it was announced that the new cherokee will be produced for export to China for a few months. Maybe longer if the launch in china does not go well. I wouldn't worry, you sound like you know the environment,and from what I have seen you military guys do better than most, I dont have to tell you why that is.

Miles313

United States

#4891 Apr 24, 2013
Finally I got my assessment email today. I take it next week. Wish me good luck.
Tired of being hungry

Toledo, OH

#4892 Apr 24, 2013
Geez what's going on here ? I need to feed my family. I am willing to do whatever it takes. The money is okay. I expect to be gone all the time. I intend to grab every hour I can get. I'd like to open the refrigerator and see more than milk and cheese in it. Messenger don't you understand how desperate many of the people who come here are? Yes some don't have a good work ethic. They won't last at any job anywhere. I intend to work my butt off. And many others who will get hired will be in a better financial place. Toledo is a mess. i don't care what the job entails . I will keep my nose clean and do what is expected of me.
Hopeful

Toledo, OH

#4893 Apr 24, 2013
Good luck to you Miles313. I wish you well.
96 toledo

Washington, DC

#4894 Apr 24, 2013
Well folks I can't win for SH## I HAVE A SHORT STORY TO TELL they email me to go for my assessment on april 12 I stay in detroit left 2 hours early cause toledo is no where but april 12 was the worst day of my life because I was 3 miles away from the plant and a simi truck tip over and it was raining so hard I was late still manage to go sign my name at the guard shack also spoke to someone at the assesment center got lucky and they gave me another chance went Monday on april 22 the instructer was in my A## she was not nice to me at all when she found out who I was she was railroading me the hole time making smart a## comments about the incident that happen on april 12 and I know I was in for a HUGE day got my denial today on the CC website I didn't think I did too bad on the test but that woman was a BITC# but its cool tho its over and I'm kinda happy but still hurts a little but I'm lucky to have 2 jobs no kids at the moment ill be fine wish DETROIT CHRYSLER would had gave me a chance there plant is 10x better with no assessment test ...all the months I've waited just been a waist toledo chrysler is horrible RT..goodluck to whom ever waiting...I bet 75% of the denial went to good workers that's how it always happen that assessment is BS cause either way it goes they still have to train everybody....wish I known who was driving that truck that day cause I have some words for that driver its was krazy on that freeway...but it is what it is.
possible toledo hire

Chicago, IL

#4895 Apr 24, 2013
Just Me wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey congratulations! That's great. After I took my physical, I heard from them to start orientation about 1 1/2 weeks later, so you are on your way. I noticed that you live in IL, so if you have to go to Warren, Michigan for two days of orientation they will pay for your travel, hotel, shuttle to training center, and breakfast/lunch. Good luck!
thanks, i'm in toledo i'm not sure why it was coming up as IL but i fixed it. haha i had my physical yesterday and received my congrats today!!

Since: Feb 13

Allen Park, MI

#4896 Apr 24, 2013
Fyi.for every one.... My inside source HR for orientations says toledo has started staffing for production everyone who been waiting should get a call or email with in a couple weeks
Lauren Kelly

United States

#4897 Apr 24, 2013
Amber Toledo wrote:
Fyi.for every one.... My inside source HR for orientations says toledo has started staffing for production everyone who been waiting should get a call or email with in a couple weeks
Thanks for the good news I hope you are right!!!!! Good Luck everyone who is waiting for orientations.

Since: Feb 13

Harvard, IL

#4898 Apr 24, 2013
Amber Toledo wrote:
Ty for the info, got my fingers crossed. Seems like they should be gettin close if they plan on firing up the Cherokee line next month

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chrysler Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Shap local 1700 Union Sucks 2 hr Tired Of Bs 11
chrysler hiring process FAQ for new applicants. (Jun '12) 3 hr Phresh Reed 18,321
Chrysler 200 Caught Fire (Oct '15) 4 hr Palmer 16
shap shap rumors (Oct '11) 7 hr BBC 2,114
Region 1 under investigation 20 hr Walter R 10
luv my jeep patriot Sun Ho Mo 5
ktp 8 Fri BigDil 5
More from around the web