TOLEDO assessment emails beginning to...
bear88

Taylor, MI

#4532 Apr 4, 2013
I got denied to and im a 20 year old black male so its not just old people getting denied either good luck to everybody
Dont shoot the messenger

Lambertville, MI

#4533 Apr 4, 2013
SelfMotivated wrote:
<quoted text>
All of your posts are nothing but, Speculation, rambling thoughts, and your WISHFUL thinking! You must be one of those transfers that wants badly to return to tnap? If you have 98 seniority, then you know transfers are few and far between. Especially because you want to be closer to home.
The "WISHFUL" thinking is only on your part. I was never transfered, but feel free to keep on thinking that. You see it was only recently that transfers were allowed to the jeep plant. It a funny story really, it involves a certain vehicle and a early 80's contract that removed them from transfers. The AMC pension plan kept almost everyone out. But to digress, there were people who worked at our location for 35+ years who got kicked out with the new contract (paint). So if someone with 30+ years gets putout on the street, what makes you feel safer? That is why you think transfers are few and far between. Your welcome. As far as being closer to home, I am as close as I want to be, Im at 9 miles now. If that is not making you hate right now, Im trades aswwell.

Since: Mar 13

Fraser, MI

#4534 Apr 4, 2013
bear88 wrote:
I got denied to and im a 20 year old black male so its not just old people getting denied either good luck to everybody
Sorry to hear that. Keep your head up.
Dont shoot the messenger

Lambertville, MI

#4535 Apr 4, 2013
SelfMotivated wrote:
I'm sorry your thinking is too slow to comprehend. If gays thought that Chrysler didnt want to hire ppl because their gay, do you think they would continue to buy Chrysler products? Look you're the one who has problems with gays not chrysler.
I did not know gays bought chrysler products, the ram truck line does seem to be popular with the females who sport mullets and flannel shirts that have the sleves cut off. Do you own one? I just figured that they were useing their disappointed family bennys to get a discount. This could be some marketing news Chrysler should know about.

Since: Mar 13

Fraser, MI

#4536 Apr 4, 2013
Dont shoot the messenger wrote:
<quoted text>
The "WISHFUL" thinking is only on your part. I was never transfered, but feel free to keep on thinking that. You see it was only recently that transfers were allowed to the jeep plant. It a funny story really, it involves a certain vehicle and a early 80's contract that removed them from transfers. The AMC pension plan kept almost everyone out. But to digress, there were people who worked at our location for 35+ years who got kicked out with the new contract (paint). So if someone with 30+ years gets putout on the street, what makes you feel safer? That is why you think transfers are few and far between. Your welcome. As far as being closer to home, I am as close as I want to be, Im at 9 miles now. If that is not making you hate right now, Im trades aswwell.
I don't hate you man, I don't know you. I hate the person you display on these forums. You seem real bitter. You're mad at the candidates on here for no reason. These ppl just want an opportunity, like you did 15 years ago. If we don't make it then that bridge we will cross when we come to it.
Dont shoot the messenger

Lambertville, MI

#4537 Apr 4, 2013
SelfMotivated wrote:
Every company in America have Goverment guidelines they must follow when hiring. A Certain number of, Men, women, minorities, disable, gay, lesbian, etc, in order to meet Govt regulations, so they can recieve any , Tax breaks, Fed Funding, Grants, etc..
So which are you?
StillWaiting4It

Toledo, OH

#4538 Apr 4, 2013
bear88 wrote:
I got denied to and im a 20 year old black male so its not just old people getting denied either good luck to everybody
Oh no. I'm so sorry you didn't make it. Did you feel you did well on the assessment test? How did you do on the computer part? Did you get to finish it all?
StillWaiting4It

Toledo, OH

#4539 Apr 4, 2013
PLEASE don't give me any details of the test. Just how you thought you did. Thanks.

Since: Mar 13

Fraser, MI

#4540 Apr 4, 2013
Dont shoot the messenger wrote:
2 week hiring freeze announced yesterday. Ask tnapwife why she dont know about this? Then again she cant know everything......... Transfers. Word is the 1100 new jobs will be be filled by 7-800 people who havenot lived in the area for years. Is it true the line is WCM approved with air conditioning?
Must admit the AC factor has me thinking.
What exactly do you mean by 7-800 ppl who have not lived in the area for years? Do you mean transfers or will these be new hires?

"Is it true the line is WCM approved with air conditioning?
AC factor has me thinking"

You sure you don't wanna transfer ?
Dont shoot the messenger

Lambertville, MI

#4541 Apr 4, 2013
How cute, now your interested in what I have to say. Nice try. You will find out soon enough.
Jeep Hopeful 2013

Toledo, OH

#4542 Apr 4, 2013
bear88 wrote:
I got denied to and im a 20 year old black male so its not just old people getting denied either good luck to everybody
Were you in the morning or the afternoon?
toledo girl

Toledo, OH

#4543 Apr 4, 2013
New Guy wrote:
Just took the assessment. People that have passes, how many mistakes did you make during the assessments? I can remember 4 mistakes. But I worked really hard. I was fast, and after I got the hang of things, I was efficient.
have you heard anything yet? I had my assessment on tuesday morning.
StillWaiting

Toledo, OH

#4545 Apr 4, 2013
anyone know the vision requirements for the physical? I have perfect vision in one eye but the other is very bad. Need I worry?

Since: Feb 13

Toledo, OH

#4546 Apr 5, 2013
StillWaiting wrote:
anyone know the vision requirements for the physical? I have perfect vision in one eye but the other is very bad. Need I worry?
ive been telling my friends that it was the weirdest and toughest eye test I ever took. I had to get glasses to pass my drivers test 4 yrs ago and don't wear them but took them to the physical and still thought it was tough. It like a lot of people have said don't think physical is a pass or fail thing for employment though unless you cant touch your toes kinda thing. So I wouldn't worry if I was you.

Since: Oct 08

Toledo, OH

#4547 Apr 5, 2013
Thank you Dakotaguy! I appreciate everything!
You know, Don't Shoot the Messenger is correct on how things have changed since this plant went to international contract. Before a transfer could not come to Toledo. Back in 80's many transferred from Wisconsin taking hundreds of jobs away from new hires that didn't have even a year under their belts. They also received "extra years" of service to transfer. Hurt a lot of us back then. I think even though "The Shoots" words can be harsh, he/she really is trying to give new hires a heads up in his/her own way.

All I could find out from my friends is that "all was taken into consideration before the hiring process began".

Shoot, if you've got 90s seniority then why not use your wisdom and give these kids some great advice, especially if you're skilled trades. I think they'd really appreciate it.

As for me... say what you want. I see through your posts where I may have hit a nerve with you in one of my earlier comments, and it wasn't meant to be negative on anyone. I respect what you do and appreciate all the work you put into making the Jeeps what they are. I can dislike you for the comments you've made, but if you feel you are in protect, or attack mode, I can understand.

As for comments on other threads... I must say I only wish I looked as good as the new Cherokee..front and back. LMAO!!

Too many enemies in todays society Shoot. Lets not be that way here.. You seem to have a lot of knowledge the new hires would appreciate. Be a mentor, like Jeeper83, Damage Control and others. I know we would all appreciate it.

Have a good day.

Since: Oct 08

Toledo, OH

#4548 Apr 5, 2013
I meant to say National contract. Trying to do too much before busy day begins. Sorry.
Dont shoot the messenger

Lambertville, MI

#4549 Apr 5, 2013
TNAPWife wrote:
"The Shoots" words can be harsh, he/she really is trying to give new hires a heads up in his/her own way.
Not only a heads up, but if my "harsh" words are an issue for some people on this online forum, then they are going to have some real issues when they start and its not only face to face but 10 times as "harsh". Depending on which shift and department, Im a real sweetheart in comparison. You know what Im talking about. Some of these people have never worked in a manufacturing setting let alone one like this one. It will be interesting to see what the turn over rate is going to be. You can blow all the smiles, flowers and sunshine up their asses, but with a conservative 30% turnover rate they only have a 70% chance of making their 90 at best, that number is based on current turn over rates at other assembly plants. You are entitled to feel Im harsh, just as I feel you are setting these people up for failure. How is that for some insight?

It seems your sources are keeping pretty tight lipped on the transfer issue. Or they just dont know, I know the home plant transfers had to be put in by the 3rd (according to posting), so those numbers should be known in a couple weeks. How do I know this and you dont?
wannaknow

Toledo, OH

#4550 Apr 5, 2013
Dont shoot the messenger wrote:
<quoted text>
Not only a heads up, but if my "harsh" words are an issue for some people on this online forum, then they are going to have some real issues when they start and its not only face to face but 10 times as "harsh". Depending on which shift and department, Im a real sweetheart in comparison. You know what Im talking about. Some of these people have never worked in a manufacturing setting let alone one like this one. It will be interesting to see what the turn over rate is going to be. You can blow all the smiles, flowers and sunshine up their asses, but with a conservative 30% turnover rate they only have a 70% chance of making their 90 at best, that number is based on current turn over rates at other assembly plants. You are entitled to feel Im harsh, just as I feel you are setting these people up for failure. How is that for some insight?
It seems your sources are keeping pretty tight lipped on the transfer issue. Or they just dont know, I know the home plant transfers had to be put in by the 3rd (according to posting), so those numbers should be known in a couple weeks. How do I know this and you dont?
what do you mean? shift and department? do they really bust your balls in there?
wannaknow

Toledo, OH

#4551 Apr 5, 2013
i just want to know what its like on the inside. they gotta know the new hires gotta learn there jobs before they can be good at it right?
Dont shoot the messenger

Lambertville, MI

#4552 Apr 5, 2013
Learning the job is going to be the least of all issues you are going to have to deal with. Physically being able to keep up will be a bigger issue.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chrysler Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Not one penny back yet! 2 hr fedUp 1
Working at Chrysler?? 3 hr cmg 20
chrysler hiring process FAQ for new applicants. (Jun '12) 3 hr cmg 17,607
Harassment 8 hr Loan shark 3
SSP parking lot. 9 hr Hemingway 7
Fmla crackdown (Mar '15) 10 hr No one cares 23
Chyrsler Trenton Engine Local 372 The Weakest U... (Jul '15) 19 hr Ahdydne8 15
More from around the web