TOLEDO assessment emails beginning to...
arh 1992

Toledo, OH

#4043 Mar 11, 2013
Chrissy wrote:
For anybody who has a conditional offer and is wondering why they haven't been selected for orientation or whatnot is because Chrysler has to give out more conditional offers than they actually need.
What does this mean though? Because I know people out there who still are waiting to assess. So does this mean that all the positions are filled? Does this mean they have all the people they need and they've already started their orientations?

Since: Feb 13

United States

#4044 Mar 11, 2013
General Lee wrote:
im so confused to as how they decide who starts when. I have had my job offer for over 1 1/2 month. and know ppl that have started before me. Just wish the CC ppl would know whats going on.
from my understanding it seems like they r picking people for the orientation that all got job offers late January maybe early Feb. Didn't they only grab like 60 of us last wk and only so many for this wk to fill holes in wrangler line I bet yours is coming real soon. If not you may go with the 100-200 people they might need for first shift Cherokee in may. That's actually when I pray my number gets picked. If not it seems to me that the bulk of us with offers won't go till Aug on second shift. Just my thoughts on this process

United States

#4045 Mar 11, 2013
arh 1992 wrote:
<quoted text>
What does this mean though? Because I know people out there who still are waiting to assess. So does this mean that all the positions are filled? Does this mean they have all the people they need and they've already started their orientations?
no I wouldn't be worried I don't think they have even sent out 100 orientations. Wasn't last wk the first batch and it was only like 60 of us. You have to remember some people post acurate info and others, well let's just say shouldn't be posting on forums
Harley

Rochester, MI

#4046 Mar 11, 2013
arh 1992 wrote:
<quoted text>
OK....I am gonna go out on a limb here and say....I don't think there is ONE SINGLE PERSON on this forum that knows EXACTLY how CC is conducting this hiring process. Everything is speculation and here say. Until someone actually speaks to a CC/HR person with authority, take everything you read with a grain of salt. Do you remember playing that game in grade school, when the teacher would tell the first kid in the first a row a 3 or 4 word sentence and it had to be passed along in a whisper...by the time it got to the last kid in the class, the sentence was completely different...case in point here on this forum!!

I will continue to wait paaaaaaaaatiently!!!

Since: Oct 12

Detroit, MI

#4047 Mar 11, 2013
Harley wrote:
<quoted text>
OK....I am gonna go out on a limb here and say....I don't think there is ONE SINGLE PERSON on this forum that knows EXACTLY how CC is conducting this hiring process. Everything is speculation and here say. Until someone actually speaks to a CC/HR person with authority, take everything you read with a grain of salt. Do you remember playing that game in grade school, when the teacher would tell the first kid in the first a row a 3 or 4 word sentence and it had to be passed along in a whisper...by the time it got to the last kid in the class, the sentence was completely different...case in point here on this forum!!
You are right bout that I feel on that just wait patiently
arh 1992

Toledo, OH

#4048 Mar 11, 2013
Harley wrote:
<quoted text>
That's true. Thanks for your information. What point in the process are you?
TNAPwannabe

Perrysburg, OH

#4049 Mar 11, 2013
Just received conditional offer this morning
Harley

Rochester, MI

#4050 Mar 11, 2013
arh 1992 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's true. Thanks for your information. What point in the process are you?
Ha...I am still waiting to assess....been waiting since early December.:/
arh 1992

Toledo, OH

#4051 Mar 11, 2013
Harley wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha...I am still waiting to assess....been waiting since early December.:/
Wow.....that's irritating!
Harley

Rochester, MI

#4052 Mar 11, 2013
arh 1992 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow.....that's irritating!
Yes it is....when did you assess?
arh 1992

Toledo, OH

#4053 Mar 11, 2013
Harley wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it is....when did you assess?
January 18th. Then took 10 days for them to tell me that they have all of the information they need. That was January 28th
JustWondering

Springfield, OH

#4054 Mar 11, 2013
dakotaguy wrote:
<quoted text>from my understanding it seems like they r picking people for the orientation that all got job offers late January maybe early Feb. Didn't they only grab like 60 of us last wk and only so many for this wk to fill holes in wrangler line I bet yours is coming real soon. If not you may go with the 100-200 people they might need for first shift Cherokee in may. That's actually when I pray my number gets picked. If not it seems to me that the bulk of us with offers won't go till Aug on second shift. Just my thoughts on this process
Let's hope it isn't august but earlier, I applied in august like everyone else. Sitting on my offer and physical since Feb. I'm ready to go, the limbo is crazy.

Indianapolis, IN

#4055 Mar 11, 2013
jeep85 wrote:
<quoted text>
Pursue your other options a tip for ya. Need to be 110% committed as i found out
What would a 75% commitment look like?
Just curious?

Whatever I choose to do, I'll give 110%. I'm keeping my options open because I can't be at the mercy of a big ole' company who can drag their feet when I have bills due. I recognize the blessing of a good job, but I'm willing to let it go for something that works better for my situation.

I will say, this process has been interesting. If anything, I'm very grateful to have had the opportunity to see how Chrysler "hires" people.
Chrissy

Toledo, OH

#4056 Mar 11, 2013
arh 1992 wrote:
<quoted text>
To be honest, I don't actually know. They tell you on your conditional offer that they have to give out more offers than what is needed. Remember, they are expecting a high turnover so maybe that's why they are giving out so many offers. I doubt they have all that they need or there still wouldn't be people scheduling assessments at the moment. I think Chrysler dropped the ball by outsourcing the way they hire to Sterling Info Systems and from what I've been reading on different sites that Sterling Info Systems isn't even that good of a service.
James

Toledo, OH

#4057 Mar 11, 2013
Chewinthecud wrote:
<quoted text>
What would a 75% commitment look like?
Just curious?
Whatever I choose to do, I'll give 110%. I'm keeping my options open because I can't be at the mercy of a big ole' company who can drag their feet when I have bills due. I recognize the blessing of a good job, but I'm willing to let it go for something that works better for my situation.
I will say, this process has been interesting. If anything, I'm very grateful to have had the opportunity to see how Chrysler "hires" people.
I know one thing and that is Chrysler has my physical results and still haven't confirmed if me being employed by them is official or not!
arh 1992

Toledo, OH

#4058 Mar 11, 2013
Chrissy wrote:
<quoted text> To be honest, I don't actually know. They tell you on your conditional offer that they have to give out more offers than what is needed. Remember, they are expecting a high turnover so maybe that's why they are giving out so many offers. I doubt they have all that they need or there still wouldn't be people scheduling assessments at the moment. I think Chrysler dropped the ball by outsourcing the way they hire to Sterling Info Systems and from what I've been reading on different sites that Sterling Info Systems isn't even that good of a service.
Hmm. Interesting. Thanks for the info!

United States

#4059 Mar 11, 2013
I have to agree about this process being rediculously long. A majority of us all applied last Aug. What's crazy now is seems like a couple reputable people on this forum are saying the 2nd shift for the new vehicle won't start till this Aug. If that's true seems like a lot of us with the "congrats on your new position email" may not start for a long time.
Hope

Toledo, OH

#4060 Mar 11, 2013
I received my offer on FEB 25, completed my physical Feb 28, I sign into my CC and it says congrats on your new position. Still waiting for my orientation/start date.
TNAp

Grand Blanc, MI

#4061 Mar 11, 2013
This Forum needs to be shut down! Too much false and misleading info...
cherakee nation

Temperance, MI

#4062 Mar 11, 2013
dakotaguy wrote:
I have to agree about this process being rediculously long. A majority of us all applied last Aug. What's crazy now is seems like a couple reputable people on this forum are saying the 2nd shift for the new vehicle won't start till this Aug. If that's true seems like a lot of us with the "congrats on your new position email" may not start for a long time.
Its a joke waiting seven months for your assemement result all most a year to start work.World Class Manufacting stand for Waiting Cause Madeyou think about it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chrysler Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chyrsler Trenton Engine Local 372 The Weakest U... (Jul '15) 3 hr Ahdydne8 15
sycreon votes down contract (Apr '11) 5 hr The railyard 2,389
SSP parking lot. 11 hr Hemingway 4
Unemployment exhausted 14 hr getin17 2
What plants are getting uniforms? Wed Jern45 57
Shap going to 3/2/120 Wed Bodyshop 37
Fmla crackdown (Mar '15) Wed Mem 22
More from around the web