Anyone been contacted about employmen...

Anyone been contacted about employment for Toledo Jeep?

Posted in the Chrysler Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

United States

#1 Aug 25, 2012
Just wondering what the next step is
Smrtwm

United States

#3 Aug 26, 2012
It's a long process, don't get your hopes up. The average time from application to start date is about 18 months.
jeeper83

Temperance, MI

#5 Aug 26, 2012
Hope your one of luckey one.I,ve layoff from Toledo Jeep Assembly because of expansion of are new Body Shop.New Hires will report in third quarter probably in July 2013 on the Wrangler lines or second shift on the new Jeep be ready for 15.68 a hour ten hour six days a week. God Bless.
Bub

Toledo, OH

#6 Aug 26, 2012
RETIRED wrote:
when i started over 40yrs ago, it was the same day i put the application in. I also got top pay and benefits after 60 working days.
Back when the auto industry was still expanding, I started out at 3.18 per hr, 1970. Times are different now days, industries have no expansion growth anymore, making it difficult to find jobs, and to keep working, for any extended period of time, and give back of your benefits.
Bub

Toledo, OH

#8 Aug 27, 2012
RETIRED wrote:
<quoted text>hey dumbass, if they're hiring, they're expanding. It's no different than the layoffs in the 70s, 80s, 90s. I never was laidoff indefinate either, always missed the cutoff date, i made a lot of money in the auto industry working lot of O.T. To bad that all changed for future retirees = no pension fo U
Back in the 60,s and 70,s auto companys made alot of their own parts, many Chrysler plants have closed since then. Chrysler employed over 90 thousand people at one time, then the Japanese cars came, and every one else followed. The auto business is pretty much built out, not alot of growth anymore. as is computers, cell phones, internet. All the businesses that employed alot of people in the past. I cant think of one business that has the potential for alot of growth at the present time. And without growth unemployment will stay high.
Bub

Toledo, OH

#9 Aug 27, 2012
RETIRED wrote:
<quoted text>hey dumbass, if they're hiring, they're expanding. It's no different than the layoffs in the 70s, 80s, 90s. I never was laidoff indefinate either, always missed the cutoff date, i made a lot of money in the auto industry working lot of O.T. To bad that all changed for future retirees = no pension fo U
Politicans will tell you anything to get elected, Democrat or Republican, but the difference is Democrats tend to side with the working man, and for alot of you, thats all you will ever be.
Smrtwm

United States

#11 Aug 27, 2012
They should take away pensions and make your old ass get a job
Crazy one

Port Matilda, PA

#13 Aug 28, 2012
U didn't,t work for 40 yrs u sat on your A$$ for most of them!!!
Smrtwm

United States

#14 Aug 28, 2012
40 years means he was still broke when he got to 30. The dumbass worked an extra 10 years for half his pay. Lol
Give it a rest old man

Winder, GA

#16 Aug 28, 2012
You have the emotional maturity of a five year old. Your posts amount to "Nyah nyah I got mine lalala you won't get anything" - never mind that it was your generation that sold out and shipped the jobs overseas in the first place so you could watch your shitty 401ks grow a few points!

Pissing in the Cheerios of people trying to make their lives better by working?

You really are a piece of work. Die already.
Joe worker

Genoa, OH

#17 Oct 2, 2012
Anyone get an email for physical yet? Did drug test 3 weeks ago. They said they would send an email out for physical. Chrysler, Toledo, Ohio
Fireflyyyyyy

Novi, MI

#18 Oct 2, 2012
I did y phone interview today, how long before I know I got the job? Or when will I take drug test and physical? And when is the start date? Thanks
Just Sayin

Fraser, MI

#19 Oct 3, 2012
RETIRED wrote:
when i started over 40 years ago, it was the same day i put the application in. I also got top pay and benefits after 60 working days.
Maybe when you started 40 years ago you weren't as BIG a dick as you are now.
Fireflyyyyyy

Novi, MI

#20 Oct 3, 2012
jeeper83 wrote:
Hope your one of luckey one.I,ve layoff from Toledo Jeep Assembly because of expansion of are new Body Shop.New Hires will report in third quarter probably in July 2013 on the Wrangler lines or second shift on the new Jeep be ready for 15.68 a hour ten hour six days a week. God Bless.
hi, so will they place the laid off workers first in January 2013? And will they offer over time and time in a half for Saturdays?
Fireflyyyyyy

Novi, MI

#21 Oct 3, 2012
Joe worker wrote:
Anyone get an email for physical yet? Did drug test 3 weeks ago. They said they would send an email out for physical. Chrysler, Toledo, Ohio
when did you originally apply? And do they offer overtime?
Fireflyyyyyy

Novi, MI

#22 Oct 3, 2012
Joe worker wrote:
do they offer overtime and will you get paid time in a half for Saturdays? And when will you get a raise if the contract is only until 2015?
Fireflyyyyyy

Novi, MI

#23 Oct 3, 2012
Joe worker wrote:
also I was told on the phone interview that this position is for January 2013, when did you apply
Liberty girl

Temperance, MI

#24 Oct 3, 2012
Must get forty hours in for overtime you could be gone to Wrangler trim or Wrangler paint on second.
TheYoungin

United States

#25 Oct 3, 2012
Joe worker wrote:
My drug test was about 3 weeks ago also. No info on physical. Please keep me posted on your status.
Joe Worker

Genoa, OH

#26 Oct 3, 2012
Fireflyyyyyy wrote:
I did y phone interview today, how long before I know I got the job? Or when will I take drug test and physical? And when is the start date? Thanks
It took about 2-3 weeks before i had an email for my drug test. If you get an email, you have to respond right away or you'll be out of the hiring process.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chrysler Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Serg at ssp 1 min Sure why mot 10
Conductor training 1 hr RTW 47
doctor taken off (Oct '15) 4 hr lions27is a sisy ... 12
Corruption in the UAW 6 hr Mr Gemma 27
Sergio won't confirm any new product for wtap 7 hr Betterdays 4
Caravan gets mo money 9 hr Big D 36
sub pay 10 hr xguy9 1
More from around the web