Sealer Line
Carley

Rockford, IL

#1 Feb 11, 2012
Starting on Monday 2nd shift. I was told by a friend that had worked there at on time that I might end up on sealer line. He said it was a bad job. Can anyone tell me more?Has the job changed,is it harder, what are the bosses like?
NewGal

Belvidere, IL

#2 Feb 11, 2012
Carley wrote:
Starting on Monday 2nd shift. I was told by a friend that had worked there at on time that I might end up on sealer line. He said it was a bad job. Can anyone tell me more?Has the job changed,is it harder, what are the bosses like?
Sealer line up in paint, right? I just started this week. I'm not on that line but I've done the first job on that line. I've heard that line is though too and that's where the bosses stay. Marty should be the team leader there. He's a good guy. Good luck.
Buttplug

Syracuse, NY

#3 Feb 11, 2012
Marty is a dweeb that no one respects. Except new people.
Retired

Dallas, TX

#4 Feb 11, 2012
Buttplug wrote:
Marty is a dweeb that no one respects. Except new people.
Did you spend time in jail, whats up with your name it makes one wonder?
Buttplug

United States

#5 Feb 11, 2012
Retired wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you spend time in jail, whats up with your name it makes one wonder?
Yeah, but I got my old job back. No big deal.
Carley

Rockford, IL

#6 Feb 11, 2012
NewGal wrote:
<quoted text>
Sealer line up in paint, right? I just started this week. I'm not on that line but I've done the first job on that line. I've heard that line is though too and that's where the bosses stay. Marty should be the team leader there. He's a good guy. Good luck.
Thanks for the insight.

Since: Feb 10

Belvidere,IL

#7 Feb 12, 2012
There are various parts to the sealer line. The vast majority of them deal with a sealant that is similar to that of a thin window chalking.(Other jobs include taping certain areas and applying patches over some holes.) You use various brush's, squeegee's and your fingers to finesse the sealer into various holes and joint seams. Its a frustrating job to start out on, as it takes time to develop the touch to get even and total coverage in one pass. But once you get your technique down, its gets easier. It is considered one of the hardiest decks in paint, but compared to many in trim and chassis its not as bad. While you will get a blue jump suit to wear over your cloths, I would recommend not wearing anything you don't want ruined. Comfortable shoes are a MUST. Get the nice insoles for them. Your on your feet for 9 hours and by the end of the night you will have walked close to 3-4 miles. Wear loose comfortable clothing. Thin shirts and shorts are worn by many under the paint suits. Most people carry backpacks or lunch bags. Vending machines are available, but just mainly junk food. A cafeatiera is downstairs but its really to far away to get there and back in time for lunch. Just a small idea of what to expect.
NewGal

Belvidere, IL

#8 Feb 12, 2012
ResDcc wrote:
There are various parts to the sealer line. The vast majority of them deal with a sealant that is similar to that of a thin window chalking.(Other jobs include taping certain areas and applying patches over some holes.) You use various brush's, squeegee's and your fingers to finesse the sealer into various holes and joint seams. Its a frustrating job to start out on, as it takes time to develop the touch to get even and total coverage in one pass. But once you get your technique down, its gets easier. It is considered one of the hardiest decks in paint, but compared to many in trim and chassis its not as bad. While you will get a blue jump suit to wear over your cloths, I would recommend not wearing anything you don't want ruined. Comfortable shoes are a MUST. Get the nice insoles for them. Your on your feet for 9 hours and by the end of the night you will have walked close to 3-4 miles. Wear loose comfortable clothing. Thin shirts and shorts are worn by many under the paint suits. Most people carry backpacks or lunch bags. Vending machines are available, but just mainly junk food. A cafeatiera is downstairs but its really to far away to get there and back in time for lunch. Just a small idea of what to expect.
Everything they just said. Like I said before, I just survived my first full week. I'm only on the first job up on that deck. But I did manage to get it down good. It's all about your confidence in learning the job. Don't give up or get frustrated. You'll get it. I've been wearing jeans and a thin cotton shirt under my jumpsuit and it's very hot. Next week I'm going with lighter clothes. Oh and arriving at the plant at 3pm or earlier is a good time on that first day. Once you know where you're going and how to get there, 3 is good.:)
Belvidere newby

Rockford, IL

#9 Feb 15, 2012
the sealer deck has mostly people under 40 on it. you work on 80 cars per hour about. It gets real hot there in the summer. close to the ovens.

Since: May 09

Belvidere, IL

#10 Feb 15, 2012
Carley wrote:

It's not to bad can be a mess job for you but overall not to bad it's a good place to start.
Blah Blah Blah

Belvidere, IL

#11 Mar 8, 2012
ResDcc wrote:
WTH!! A new hire know it all giving advice! Lol Hopefully you are not the one training her!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chrysler Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Not surprised 2 hr Crooks 12
chrysler hiring process FAQ for new applicants. (Jun '12) 3 hr Newguy 17,693
Starting work at Sterling Hgts. Assembly 16 hr Shapman 7
i need a bonus right about now fca give it to m... 20 hr Stoner 12
Dundee ethics 20 hr Malcom X 39
Dundee engine Tue The Real Truth 25
merrill lynch buyout question (Sep '08) Tue Guttz05 20
More from around the web