'Halftime in America' ad creates political debate

Feb 6, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Bellingham Herald

But Chrysler's "Halftime in America" ad featuring quintessential tough guy Clint Eastwood has generated fierce debate about whether it accurately portrays the country's most economically distressed city or amounts to a campaign ad for President Barack Obama and the auto bailouts.

Comments
1 - 20 of 117 Comments Last updated Apr 10, 2012
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

“Kiss Me You Fool!”

Since: Jan 08

Atlanta via Brooklyn NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2012

Judged:

Any good news for America, is bad news for the rightwing nuts.

They would have preferred and ad saying "Hello America, we failed, America failed, but President Obama loves it!"

Instead the ad says "Hello America, we succeeded as, America succeeded...who's not happy about this"

ANSWER IS?

Karl Rove, Mitt Romney, and every other rightwinger who puts party over Country.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2012

Judged:

Nothing will help Comrad Obama. He's screwed, blued and tattooed.
JNAP24

Waterford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2012

Judged:

BandMaster wrote:
YOU WISH, YOU GUYS CAN NOT EVEN COME UP WITH A HALF WAY INTELIGENT MORON TO RUN AGAINST HIM... I SMELL RACISISM....
who cares

Noblesville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2012

Judged:

BandMaster wrote:
Maybe you missed who he will be running against?? There is not even a chance of losing to an elephant this election!!
alternative med

Nha Trang, Vietnam

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2012

Judged:

OneRyder wrote:
They would have preferred and ad saying "Hello America, we failed, America failed, but President Obama loves it!"
Instead the ad says "Hello America, we succeeded as, America succeeded...who's not happy about this"
ANSWER IS?
Karl Rove, Mitt Romney, and every other rightwinger who puts party over Country.
General Mao buy GM!! who will buy Chrysler PLC,.;) Greek ;-000
rider

Marquette, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2012

BandMaster wrote:
LMFAO! Clint has seen the light! Chrysler -- Clint Eastwood Half-Time in America 2012 Super Bowl ...
1 day ago... by Chrysler, Clint Eastwood provides a rousing Half Time Super Bowl rally cry, reminding us that its Ha...... Chrysler -- Clint Eastwood Half-Time in America 2012 Super Bowl Commercial ... Standard YouTube License ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch... -
WELFARE BUM PRESIDENT

Wasilla, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2012

Judged:

Clint is an old lib, Look at that lame movie about the gang thugs, a real hero would have blown the stinkin' foul rap bums AWAY!!!!
WELFARE BUM PRESIDENT

Wasilla, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2012

Judged:

JNAP24 wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU WISH, YOU GUYS CAN NOT EVEN COME UP WITH A HALF WAY INTELIGENT MORON TO RUN AGAINST HIM... I SMELL RACISISM....
I smell RACISM EVERY TIME a gay blade WHITE LIB commie like YOU spews HATE about their OWN skin, race, color, country, heritage, religion and flag!!!!!
rider

Marquette, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2012

Judged:

WELFARE BUM PRESIDENT wrote:
Clint is an old lib, Look at that lame movie about the gang thugs, a real hero would have blown the stinkin' foul rap bums AWAY!!!!
Did your 1980s hero let you down? I f**king love it. Did You see MIA signal you are #1? Ouch- my Fascist heart has been broken! LMAO! Chrysler -- Clint Eastwood Half-Time in America 2012 Super Bowl ...
1 day ago... by Chrysler, Clint Eastwood provides a rousing Half Time Super Bowl rally cry, reminding us that its Ha...... Chrysler -- Clint Eastwood Half-Time in America 2012 Super Bowl Commercial ... Standard YouTube License ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch ...-
doc1120

Hot Springs, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2012

Judged:

Leave it the political hacks to try and spin this ad so that the real meaning gets lost. . This ad with Clint Eastwood is one that very simply talks about the American Spiriy and that is all. We have never backed down from a challenge and comming back from this crisis should be an example of this. I will have nothing to do with politicians, who refuse to work together, or the 1%'s who only care about money. Clint Eastwood, in this commercial, talks about th pride, work ethic and determinatio of the average working class American and how we will be the ones who pull us out of the bad times we are facing now.
alternative med

Nha Trang, Vietnam

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
3rd Quater Start NOW!!! ;)

“your life is great”

Since: Aug 09

you poop in clean water

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2012

Judged:

in reality, Mr. Eastwood is a registered republican that leans towards libertarianism.
fiscally conservative & socially liberal.

(aw shucks, he doesn't fit a stereotype!!! what will we do?!?!?)
rider

Marquette, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2012

Judged:

Itanimulli?

“Steaming hunk”

Since: Jun 11

butler, pa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2012

Judged:

OneRyder wrote:
ANSWER IS?
and... every left winger who puts party over country!
Pat Robertson s Fatwass

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2012

Judged:

doc1120 wrote:
Leave it the political hacks to try and spin this ad so that the real meaning gets lost.. This ad with Clint Eastwood is one that very simply talks about the American Spiriy and that is all. We have never backed down from a challenge and comming back from this crisis should be an example of this.
Well that sure is the positive spin on that ad.

We have an old man with one foot in the grave and a smoker's hack voice putting on airs of some sort of essentialist, American virility.

If he's our future then watch out for the dead end. The ad can best be read as unintentional parody.
Kennesaw71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2012

Judged:

When the hell will Chrysler make a car that can go past 120,000 miles???? Crimony, my retired aunt who doesn't know any better than to buy a EFFING Chrysler product has gone through 3 of since retiring... She keeps em in a garage and they are still just completely dogged out at 120,000. I aunt fixing them for her, I live four states away.

My friends Honda accord has 485,000 miles on it. I keep telling my aunt.... Chrysler is lucky to have incoherent customer base that doesn't pay attention to the complete obvious. Bastards can't go out of business fast enough for all I care.....
Kennesaw71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2012

Judged:

They say sticker shock as soon as you drive off the lot... Hell...... Chryslers are instant hooptys when you drive em off the lot.
Kennesaw71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2012

Judged:

Hell yes its gonna be Romney.... Obamas ass will be the first to inhabit the moon cause that's where its gonna get kicked to in November. I'm not a Romney zombie either so don't run down that rabbit trail.
Kennesaw71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2012

Judged:

You Guess wrote:
<quoted text>you realize prior to the bailout, the Federal Government determined that Chrysler had severe quality problems which was affecting them.
I don't need big brother to tell me Chrysler is suckin the hind tit. If you read my post you'd see that I already know that. I don't give a damn if they're made in Mordor, err Michigan. That's the only reason people like my aunt buy them though, and those people will dry up sooner or later and if Chrysler don't have a effin communist willing to bail their asses out, then finally... Good riddance jackasses!!!

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2012

Judged:

Detroit probably is our most economically
distressed city due to gov't bailouts over
the years. The unions take, take, take and they
continue to lose jobs when the pot is empty.
They don't care, since they can always depend
on Uncle Sam. But they have a contract.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

30 Users are viewing the Chrysler Forum right now

Search the Chrysler Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
chrysler hiring process FAQ for new applicants. (Jun '12) 49 min waiting 13,625
jnap 2 hr Dave 2
Shut down 2weeks 9 hr david 4
Assessment Results 9 hr Thanks hmmmm 60
Who get rolled over first? TPT or SVR ? 10 hr Dave 2
Kokomo Chrysler Hiring News ? (Jan '12) 12 hr Confused 2,092
Heard no pay raise for t1 just t2 but everyone ... 17 hr Bul 1
•••

Buy a New Car