United States

#4 Sep 17, 2012
the truth wrote:
<quoted text>retired is gonna have a heart attack lol
Yeah I know that's right lmao!

Since: Apr 11

United States

#5 Sep 17, 2012
Hopefully this type of framework could trickle into the states by 2015. I'm just sayin'
Mack ave 1

Milford, MI

#6 Sep 17, 2012
EqualWorkEqualPay wrote:
Hopefully this type of framework could trickle into the states by 2015. I'm just sayin'
Not going to hold my breath if you know what I mean. There is a reason they broke with the UAW.
Smrtwm

United States

#7 Sep 17, 2012
Chrysler is still the laughingstock of the industry, ford gets what they want, we get what Chrysler wants
Toobad

United States

#8 Sep 17, 2012
We r getting equal pay 4 work, tier 1 does twice as much wrk as tier 2

United States

#9 Sep 17, 2012
Toobad wrote:
We r getting equal pay 4 work, tier 1 does twice as much wrk as tier 2
Bullspit
Durrrr

United States

#10 Sep 17, 2012
Unequal pay for equal work. Canadians are smart
The Closer

AOL

#13 Sep 18, 2012
the truth wrote:
<quoted text>
how do you get rid of a bully? You beat him up
You are right, he needs to dropped down a couple of pegs, can't keep giving in to his demands
do you people read

Trenton, MI

#14 Sep 18, 2012
Look at the Ford areement before start bashng as it appears they have won the following
1. no profit sharing
2. 10 years to full status
3. cola gone
4.$3,800.00 less over four years and likely more without prfit sharing.
The tentative agreement reached between Ford Motor Co. and the Canadian Auto Workers on Monday is a sweeter deal for the company than the one it inked with the United Auto Workers here last fall.
If ratified, Canadian workers would receive bonuses totaling about $9,234 at the current exchange rate over the life of the four-year contract. That is about $3,800 less than UAW members will receive during the life of their four-year contract with Ford.
And the CAW agreement includes no provision for profit-sharing, meaning workers north of the border would receive nothing more if the company does well. Ford workers in the United States receive $1 for every $1 million in pre-tax, pre-interest operating profit the company makes in North America.
On the other hand, the two-tier wage system Ford agreed to in Canada would pay more than the UAW system.
Bill

Barrie, Canada

#17 Sep 18, 2012
Doesn't matter...Unless the UAW tier 1 workers have the majority and vote out the tier system next contract, we will all be tier 2 eventually...All that has happened in Canada is another extension on being forced to except it FOR NOW...If you guys keep tier 2, eventually they will out number everyone else and the company will offer them more money and make tier 1's take less.....It's all up to you guys next contract and hopefully there will be enough tier 1's left..If Chrysler has its way no one will make even $20 an hour

United States

#18 Sep 18, 2012
do you people read wrote:
Look at the Ford areement before start bashng as it appears they have won the following
1. no profit sharing
2. 10 years to full status
3. cola gone
4.$3,800.00 less over four years and likely more without prfit sharing.
The tentative agreement reached between Ford Motor Co. and the Canadian Auto Workers on Monday is a sweeter deal for the company than the one it inked with the United Auto Workers here last fall.
If ratified, Canadian workers would receive bonuses totaling about $9,234 at the current exchange rate over the life of the four-year contract. That is about $3,800 less than UAW members will receive during the life of their four-year contract with Ford.
And the CAW agreement includes no provision for profit-sharing, meaning workers north of the border would receive nothing more if the company does well. Ford workers in the United States receive $1 for every $1 million in pre-tax, pre-interest operating profit the company makes in North America.
On the other hand, the two-tier wage system Ford agreed to in Canada would pay more than the UAW system.
Don't believe the political spin that the papers are saying that UAW got a better deal in the long haul... Well on second thought 1st tier's probably did, but I was on the conference call and this was a huge victory for those that oppose the two tier wage structure. Under the UAW's two tier wage structure some two tier will NEVER reach full wage... But what is really outstanding is that the CAW stood by their core principals and would not compromise them.

Dude there is no two tier! They come in at 60% of the wage and reach full wage after 10 years... So basically in two years new hires would make more than the max for UAW two tiers!!! Cola has been replaced with a $2,000/yr in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th years of the contract.

Also, who needs a profit sharing when you're being paid a fair wage of $34/hr and the Canadian dollar is worth more at this point. Imaging coming in to work making skilled trades pay but doing non skilled work.

United States

#19 Sep 18, 2012
Bill wrote:
Doesn't matter...Unless the UAW tier 1 workers have the majority and vote out the tier system next contract, we will all be tier 2 eventually...All that has happened in Canada is another extension on being forced to except it FOR NOW...If you guys keep tier 2, eventually they will out number everyone else and the company will offer them more money and make tier 1's take less.....It's all up to you guys next contract and hopefully there will be enough tier 1's left..If Chrysler has its way no one will make even $20 an hour
I agree with you Bill, here's to standing strong... Cheers!!!
Current UAW elected rep

New Baltimore, MI

#20 Sep 18, 2012
Great job CAW. You guys and girls stand together at Chrysler. Dino is a great guy and honest leader. Peace and love will conquer these greedy management people.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chrysler Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Harassment 5 hr nigged out 4
SSP parking lot. 5 hr nigged out 11
Elections 5 hr Marci 1
chrysler hiring process FAQ for new applicants. (Jun '12) Sun cmg 17,610
Working at Chrysler?? Sun Kyrgyzstan 22
HELP!!! chrysler enforcing call in procedure 30... (Oct '14) Sat Detroit 78
2005 Sebring will not turn over Sat tomead 1
More from around the web