peej

Temperance, MI

#1 Jan 25, 2012
Does anyone know what is going on at the plant, ten skilled trade’s people who are laid off from Toledo Jeep were told to report on Monday for orientation to work production and failure to do so will result in termination per the collective bargaining agreement
Smoke

United States

#2 Jan 25, 2012
Yes. My trade was outsourced and discontinued per contract. After a 9 month indefinate layoff I was offered the same deal. I was told to go to SHAP to work production. It was a hard transition. But,I am thankful the UAW still has kept me employed at Chrysler.
ROCC

Ann Arbor, MI

#3 Jan 26, 2012
peej, since you are Jeep spelled backward, you'll fit in where a lot is done backward from what you'd expect. If you work the line, you'll work with a lot of good people. If you're in production, but still skilled trades, you'll also work with a bunch of good guys. The only difference is, you'll have to put balm on your ball sack from playing pocket pool for about 9 hours a day. The line runs 23 hours a day. So there's no time to work on machinery anyway.
peej

Temperance, MI

#4 Jan 26, 2012
I have some balm left from working the line at Twinsburg stamping before they shut it down and I still have some ass lube from working production at TNAP which totally sucked. I hope this is better, what are the hours that they are working?
ROCC

Ann Arbor, MI

#5 Jan 26, 2012
Days are 5:00am to 4:30pm
Afternoons 4:30pm to 4:00am

Skilled Trades are currently on straight shifts, but there's talk about them rotating soon.
Leader in training

Chicago, IL

#6 Jan 27, 2012
We were told Toledo maching and skilled trades coming here Monday for assembly jobs. Rumor has it warren truck and Mack employees on there way here.
red

Lansing, MI

#7 Jan 27, 2012
Good real Chrysler workers getting back their jobs from scab Gama workers
2012Dart

Ann Arbor, MI

#8 Jan 28, 2012
Red, how much longer are you going to keep Southfield from getting it's Village Idiot back? When GEMA started, it wasn't a Chrysler plant. We can't be scabs since you weren't even elligible to work there. It also wasn't even a UAW plant. Keep calling the GEMA people scabs so we'll always know it's another one of you clueless ballsacks.
peej

Temperance, MI

#9 Jan 29, 2012
The ten people coming from TNAP are Machine repairmen, tool layout, and the only tool welder that the plant had. There are ten tool and die makers that got letters to go to BAP. All millwrights and electricians just happened to be in the plant on projects when the company took their snap shot to see who was working. It must be a coincidence that the skilled committeeman and stewards are millwrights
The Truth

Macomb, MI

#10 Jan 29, 2012
Leader in training wrote:
We were told Toledo maching and skilled trades coming here Monday for assembly jobs. Rumor has it warren truck and Mack employees on there way here.
Yeah, keep my job warm for me, lol
The Truth

Macomb, MI

#11 Jan 29, 2012
red wrote:
Good real Chrysler workers getting back their jobs from scab Gama workers
GEMA workers are Chrysler UAW workers, they are not scabs, enough with that already
red

Clare, MI

#12 Jan 29, 2012
The Truth wrote:
<quoted text> GEMA workers are Chrysler UAW workers, they are not scabs, enough with that already
Tell that to the 300+ Trenton engine union brother and sisters with 12 years + that lost their jobs.
Mark

Allen Park, MI

#13 Jan 29, 2012
I am one of the 300..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chrysler Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Physical Question!! 15 min eddiekane0413 9
chrysler hiring process FAQ for new applicants. (Jun '12) 39 min Trust me 15,864
Kokomo Chrysler Hiring News ? (Jan '12) 1 hr natasha 2,782
Jeep truck 2 hr Grover 7
March 17th apps for Toledo 4 hr TrulyBlessed 155
Top negotiators fighting for tier 1 raises 11 hr Stop your whining... 25
Anyone actually like the Jeep Renegade ? 11 hr Stop your whining... 18
More from around the web