chrysler hiring process FAQ for new a...
Hope29

United States

#1595 Dec 9, 2012
John wrote:
Damn started this thread right before I got hired in didn't think it would get huge but I ended up going to the prototype plant for a week now working at shap for about 5 months
John, have they hired u in full time yet (roll u over).
MrLost

Southfield, MI

#1596 Dec 10, 2012
ok i finally got an email this morning at 10:25am for accepting part time or temporary employment so the drug test should be coming soon for me... Look out for yall email guys hang in there because its coming soon
help

Toledo, OH

#1597 Dec 10, 2012
Does anyone know about Toledo hire I got an email so am I going go get the email for test for sure passes drug test been waiting longer then some

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#1598 Dec 10, 2012
MrLost wrote:
ok i finally got an email this morning at 10:25am for accepting part time or temporary employment so the drug test should be coming soon for me... Look out for yall email guys hang in there because its coming soon
Congrats! Dont worry about accepting the tpt or part time employment. You should be part of the group for Warren Truck so they will offer you full time when they contact you for orientation.
MrLost

Southfield, MI

#1599 Dec 10, 2012
BCO40812 wrote:
<quoted text>
Congrats! Dont worry about accepting the tpt or part time employment. You should be part of the group for Warren Truck so they will offer you full time when they contact you for orientation.
thanks very much i cant wait to start working, which plant are you working at again?
jeepeer83

Temperance, MI

#1600 Dec 10, 2012
BCO40812 wrote:
<quoted text>
Congrats! Dont worry about accepting the tpt or part time employment. You should be part of the group for Warren Truck so they will offer you full time when they contact you for orientation.
Don,t take aTPT jobs with all the new hires you all be on them jobs a long time ask people in Toledo eleven years and no right or bonus.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#1601 Dec 10, 2012
jeepeer83 wrote:
<quoted text>Don,t take aTPT jobs with all the new hires you all be on them jobs a long time ask people in Toledo eleven years and no right or bonus.
I hear you Jeepeer83, i agree. I dont know if its just a Detroit area thing but they are making us agree to tpt/pt then if they have full time they offer it, if not they offer the part time crap. If we turn it down they disqualify us from the process. I dont know if its something they started with the new hiring process but the good thing is most people i have talked to where offered the same thing this year and went for a full time position at the orientation.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#1602 Dec 10, 2012
MrLost wrote:
<quoted text>
thanks very much i cant wait to start working, which plant are you working at again?
I have a conditional offer for Detroit area and I just completed my assessment for Toledo; waiting for results. At this point for me i cant take anything for granite so I have to take whichever calls me in first. I just feel blessed to have had the opportunity to apply for both.
MrLost

Southfield, MI

#1603 Dec 10, 2012
BCO40812 wrote:
<quoted text>
I hear you Jeepeer83, i agree. I dont know if its just a Detroit area thing but they are making us agree to tpt/pt then if they have full time they offer it, if not they offer the part time crap. If we turn it down they disqualify us from the process. I dont know if its something they started with the new hiring process but the good thing is most people i have talked to where offered the same thing this year and went for a full time position at the orientation.
yea one of my friends got hired in chrysler this year for tpt and they bumped her to full time way before her 119 days

Since: Nov 12

Saint Clair Shores, MI

#1604 Dec 10, 2012
MrLost wrote:
<quoted text>
yea one of my friends got hired in chrysler this year for tpt and they bumped her to full time way before her 119 days
Congratulations!!! maybe we will all end up next to each other on the line.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#1605 Dec 10, 2012
MrLost wrote:
<quoted text>
yea one of my friends got hired in chrysler this year for tpt and they bumped her to full time way before her 119 days
Thats good to hear, you never know it could happen. But I think they are getting people in position to be brought in for WTAP because the orientation process takes a month or so for over 1000 people, they can only bring so many people in a week. I havent been able to get anyone to give a date, all i hear is March. So my guess is about the first week of Feb they will start having orientations so maybe last week of Jan and on people will start getting orientation invitations.

Since: Nov 12

Saint Clair Shores, MI

#1606 Dec 10, 2012
BCO40812 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a conditional offer for Detroit area and I just completed my assessment for Toledo; waiting for results. At this point for me i cant take anything for granite so I have to take whichever calls me in first. I just feel blessed to have had the opportunity to apply for both.
I know that's right, nothing wrong with having both irons in the fire. I feel lucky to have even got in my application when i did and even more blessed that i received my "congrats on your position" its been a long road but my support from family and various individuals, along with prayer have gotten me through it.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#1607 Dec 10, 2012
Dtown1990 wrote:
<quoted text>I know that's right, nothing wrong with having both irons in the fire. I feel lucky to have even got in my application when i did and even more blessed that i received my "congrats on your position" its been a long road but my support from family and various individuals, along with prayer have gotten me through it.
Thats great, its an emotional rollercoaster this Chrysler hiring process is. Hopefully there is a light at the end of the tunnel in about 2 month from now for the people blessed with an offer of employment.
MrLost

Southfield, MI

#1608 Dec 10, 2012
BCO40812 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a conditional offer for Detroit area and I just completed my assessment for Toledo; waiting for results. At this point for me i cant take anything for granite so I have to take whichever calls me in first. I just feel blessed to have had the opportunity to apply for both.
Congrats to you its only matter of time now :)
MrLost

Southfield, MI

#1609 Dec 10, 2012
Dtown1990 wrote:
<quoted text>
Congratulations!!! maybe we will all end up next to each other on the line.
thanks and congrats to you also... at this point anything is possible so i wouldnt doubt it if we did end up at the same plant on the same line lol

Since: Nov 12

Saint Clair Shores, MI

#1610 Dec 10, 2012
BCO40812 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats great, its an emotional rollercoaster this Chrysler hiring process is. Hopefully there is a light at the end of the tunnel in about 2 month from now for the people blessed with an offer of employment.
Yeah I'm sure its only a matter of time before we finally sleep in orientation, just kidding. I'm just ready to work

Since: Nov 12

Saint Clair Shores, MI

#1611 Dec 10, 2012
MrLost wrote:
<quoted text>
thanks and congrats to you also... at this point anything is possible so i wouldnt doubt it if we did end up at the same plant on the same line lol
Thanks. lol, at least at that point most of the stress will be gone
lucky

Grand Rapids, MI

#1612 Dec 10, 2012
Is ther anyone who phone screened in OCT still waitng on drug screen email from chyrsler?
Melly

Detroit, MI

#1613 Dec 10, 2012
Ok I been looking at everyone comments for the last 3 months n never said anything I put my app Aug 8 today at 10:18 am I got a sign on later then I got a call around 2 pm saying within 24 hours I will get a email for my drug test

Since: Nov 12

Ottawa Lake, MI

#1614 Dec 10, 2012
I take my assessment tomorrow. I'm really nervous i just wish i knew what it's all about. Wish me luck!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chrysler Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
To all Cry Babies at SHAP 1 hr Scab conductors 13
Local 685 (Sep '15) 2 hr Stony Burke 78
Do any plants have Conductors yet? 2 hr B Gump 6
Healthcare costs soaring 3 hr hildon 5
my freind hav microbrian wood chrisslar let hem... 4 hr Jack Kenoff 2
shap shap rumors (Oct '11) 4 hr B Clinton 1,842
Sterling 8 hr Antonio 9
More from around the web