chrysler hiring process FAQ for new a...
Just saying

Taylor, MI

#3574 Jan 26, 2013
BCO40812 wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, it sounds like they were trying to cut their losses and cut out the guys still on probation. I guess atleast all the senority guys that were on the shift got other jobs in the plant. I think it will pick back up when they get the automatic in the dart, then demand for those motors should increase.
I think they are trying to cut their loses too! They still have a group of TPT's that do not know whats going on and I think thats BS too! What really sux is that the 14 were awesome workers. Line leaders went up to just about all of them and told them how unfair this was and that they wish other people worked as hard as they did. Some of the 14 still have hopes that what they were told in the meeting they went to to turn in their badges and get their letter of separation that they will be placed in another plant but others think management/union wont hold up their end. Why would they honestly? Its only 14 people and they did not have their 90 in. The union told them that technically they can't represent them because they do not have their 90 in, yet the union collected those dues and initial payment of $50 to join! I don't know..it's a mess at that plant!

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#3575 Jan 26, 2013
Just saying wrote:
<quoted text>
I think they are trying to cut their loses too! They still have a group of TPT's that do not know whats going on and I think thats BS too! What really sux is that the 14 were awesome workers. Line leaders went up to just about all of them and told them how unfair this was and that they wish other people worked as hard as they did. Some of the 14 still have hopes that what they were told in the meeting they went to to turn in their badges and get their letter of separation that they will be placed in another plant but others think management/union wont hold up their end. Why would they honestly? Its only 14 people and they did not have their 90 in. The union told them that technically they can't represent them because they do not have their 90 in, yet the union collected those dues and initial payment of $50 to join! I don't know..it's a mess at that plant!
Wow thats really sad, i feel bad for those people. Its pretty clear to me though that the management took advantage of those on probation and let them go before they could be protected by the union. We scratch and claw to get hired in and do everything possible to make it through probation and in the end, the nature of the business can come back and bite us anytime I guess.
Britt

United States

#3576 Jan 26, 2013
No sympathy here wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry lady, that is the system we work in. Seniority employees have rights, your daughter does not. She was a SVR, SUMMER VACATION REPLACEMENT. The summer is over. She is lucky they converted her back to TPT, and not just let her go. That was her reward for being a good employee for three months. You are on the wrong forum if you are looking for sympathy for her. In addition, she must be at least 18 to be working there, so frankly, too old for mommy to be posting on her behalf.
My daughter, I don't blame you for getting angry with this person. He was quite rude and if he didnt like what you were saying, he shouldn't have said anything at all. I for one, would like to know everyone's hiring experiences. Not just the successful ones so that i will know what I'm up against
Britt

United States

#3577 Jan 26, 2013
MZODOGG wrote:
<quoted text>
HEY:) when you took your drug&physical did they have you do a urine first?
I have to take mines early but don't want to drink a ton of water first and they don't take it till after the physical. THANKS
When I took mine, they made me take the urine test first. As soon as I walked in. I had to go to St. John's hospital in Madison heights
Trice

Garden City, MI

#3578 Jan 26, 2013
MZODOGG wrote:
<quoted text>
HEY:) when you took your drug&physical did they have you do a urine first?
I have to take mines early but don't want to drink a ton of water first and they don't take it till after the physical. THANKS
They did my urine test last
15 years

United States

#3579 Jan 26, 2013
Everyone going to WTAP will be laid off feb 2014. The build will be cut by 1/3. Just a heads up, don't shoot the messenger.
chyslertroll

Northwood, OH

#3580 Jan 26, 2013
Hi All this is some messed up ?????,waiting for an email to get a job what has this world come to my grandpa and my dad never had to wait for an email they got the job back then,and my dad started at Chrysler at $2 an hour,and had four kids to feed,and he was only 18 at the time,back then,and Ford company used to hire by the droves i read when they were making the model A ford back then,now we gotta waitin for an email before a company can hire you what if you dont have an email? hmmm,i guess they contact you by phone then,well im still waiting for assessment process testing no word yet as of 1-26-13,still waiting for some reason but still looking for employment also,if any one gets assessment email and proceeds please ad your comments adn your experience on here thanks
kenken12

United States

#3581 Jan 26, 2013
BCO40812 wrote:
<quoted text>
Was you talking about your conditional offer of employment said TPT or does it say on candidate care dates with tpt next to it? If your talking about on your conditional offer email, everyone gets the same thing.
my offer email so when do u find out what there hiring u for
Trice

Garden City, MI

#3582 Jan 26, 2013
15 years wrote:
Everyone going to WTAP will be laid off feb 2014. The build will be cut by 1/3. Just a heads up, don't shoot the messenger.
I guess everyone will get a year to work...
real lady

Detroit, MI

#3583 Jan 26, 2013
ok @jus saying you seem to know a lot about wats going on so tell me if u get sent too dundee you wont work ? I have put all my hopes on this job so wat about wtap do they work there at all ? i dont understand y they let those 14 pple go thts sum bs they culda gave them another job this worries me im waiting on orientation email and im praying i will get some where to work at sterling heights auburn hills hell anywhere to make sum money and not have to worry about being fired only to end up right back where i started.
Just saying

Taylor, MI

#3584 Jan 26, 2013
BCO40812 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow thats really sad, i feel bad for those people. Its pretty clear to me though that the management took advantage of those on probation and let them go before they could be protected by the union. We scratch and claw to get hired in and do everything possible to make it through probation and in the end, the nature of the business can come back and bite us anytime I guess.
You are so right! It is the nature of the business!Everyone knows that going in..it just sux when it really does happen. I think they like people that are in their probation period..they work the best, follow the rules to the T, never late, take all the shit jobs just to get their 90 in..but its the chance u take trying to get a job with the big 3.

Since: Jan 13

Troy, MI

#3585 Jan 26, 2013
I just had my forth day of orientation. They said we were the 2nd group of people (196 people), and there are 7 more groups to follow ours. If you've been waiting for an email, stay strong, it's coming. They said about 1000 people are getting hired total.
15 years

United States

#3586 Jan 26, 2013
1300 total, they are hiring an extra 300 to cover the ones who get fired or quit.
Cliff

Southfield, MI

#3587 Jan 26, 2013
I have orientation on Jan,28/29 but no location yet!
Trice

Garden City, MI

#3588 Jan 26, 2013
Cliff wrote:
They sent me the same dates but no location also. I called candidate card and they said we gotta go to the WCM academy located at 2500 E. 9 mile rd in warren, mi. Be there at 7:30 am. Did u also get that automated phone call?

Since: Jan 13

United States

#3589 Jan 26, 2013
Cliff wrote:
When did you recieve your congrats on your new position????
EagerApplicant

United States

#3590 Jan 26, 2013
Cliff wrote:
Orientationfor metro Detroit is at WCM Academy 2500 E. 9 mile Watren MI
Just saying

Taylor, MI

#3591 Jan 26, 2013
real lady wrote:
ok @jus saying you seem to know a lot about wats going on so tell me if u get sent too dundee you wont work ? I have put all my hopes on this job so wat about wtap do they work there at all ? i dont understand y they let those 14 pple go thts sum bs they culda gave them another job this worries me im waiting on orientation email and im praying i will get some where to work at sterling heights auburn hills hell anywhere to make sum money and not have to worry about being fired only to end up right back where i started.
I think what Dundee is doing is bringing in a new group of TPTs and not using the last group that was there. I think tpts are told they will be worked mon, fri and weekends or something like that..I do not see tpts working much if called to that plant anytime soon...but I could be wrong...things change so much and rumors are plenty in factories. I "hear" things might be picking up for them come summer. From my understanding, HR at Dundee is fairly new to this "TPT thing". She was bringing in TPTs and flipping them pretty quick. She did this for months. Then, she had too many..she even told the last group that came in there in Nov. that she had so many and really couldnt make any promises of when/if they would be flipped. Sad, really, to waste the time of all those people...they should have left them alone and let them be pulled for a plant that would work them. Good luck to you! I don't know anything about the other plants.

Since: Nov 12

Inkster, MI

#3592 Jan 26, 2013
Just saying wrote:
<quoted text>
I think what Dundee is doing is bringing in a new group of TPTs and not using the last group that was there. I think tpts are told they will be worked mon, fri and weekends or something like that..I do not see tpts working much if called to that plant anytime soon...but I could be wrong...things change so much and rumors are plenty in factories. I "hear" things might be picking up for them come summer. From my understanding, HR at Dundee is fairly new to this "TPT thing". She was bringing in TPTs and flipping them pretty quick. She did this for months. Then, she had too many..she even told the last group that came in there in Nov. that she had so many and really couldnt make any promises of when/if they would be flipped. Sad, really, to waste the time of all those people...they should have left them alone and let them be pulled for a plant that would work them. Good luck to you! I don't know anything about the other plants.
So tpt cant get transferd to a working plant or our we stuck

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#3593 Jan 26, 2013
kenken12 wrote:
<quoted text> my offer email so when do u find out what there hiring u for
Okay, everyone gets the conditional offer email that says its for tpt. Hopefully when you get your orientation email they change it to full time. My email offer was also tpt but was sent an orientation email for full time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chrysler Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Detroit applicants that applied September 2014 5 hr TCBeaute 7
How do you like work on the assembly line at Ch... 7 hr serg 15
Since REBEL is a dirty word now....... 7 hr NAACP Council 3
Forced to use 2 week vacation during Shut Down 7 hr Info 5
shap shap rumors (Oct '11) 11 hr Chrys 1,334
which plant has the most corrupt union? Tue Mo Fu 5
When site open up again for production operator? Tue SoReady 1
More from around the web