chrysler hiring process FAQ for new a...
Chris

Chicago, IL

#2611 Jan 13, 2013
applied aug 8
drug test oct 9
congrats nov 8
this was for Detroit metro
recently toledo app was on my status...with a orientation date 16/17..for a fulltime positin (I didn't apply for toledo) and all the sudden my status for Detroit says "we have all the info we need"
I called candidate care and she said detroit positions were filled up...so they offered me what they had available.
I asked if I denied it will I still be in consideration? She said yes but she didn't know when positions would open and it wasn't guaranteed that I'd be full time.
Soooo I took the position! 40 min drive but hey oh well.
Chris

Chicago, IL

#2612 Jan 13, 2013
position *
bigcam

Washington, DC

#2613 Jan 13, 2013
detroitlady wrote:
<quoted text> They told us dont talk about it but I can tell you dont worry its nothing hard just do your best 2 hours hands on and 1 hour on the computer no math...
thats wassup..im from Detroit too im so ready to start.in Toledo..im already looking for a Crib out that way
brownnomber23

Elyria, OH

#2614 Jan 13, 2013
I'm one waiting for assessment for Toledo just took drug test Jan.10th got email to watch for assessment email
brownnomber23

Elyria, OH

#2615 Jan 13, 2013
bigcam wrote:
<quoted text> thats wassup..im from Detroit too im so ready to start.in Toledo..im already looking for a Crib out that way
hi so what should we wear as females? Thanks

Since: Nov 12

Saint Clair Shores, MI

#2616 Jan 13, 2013
BCO40812 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey,
I did read somewhere that candidate care told someone that they are not hiring anyone until all candidates in consideration have done assessment. That sucks to have to wait longer but atleast thats the fair thing to do for everyone waiting for assessment. I have not personally verified that info but i assume it to be true. They also said the assessment step is a random selection so possibly not all people will move on.
My brother and cousin both applied for Toledo and got the assessment email and still have not been scheduled. Did your bro make it in or still working his way through the process?
Hey,
the extra wait time would suck, especially if you have assessed already, but it does make sense that they would allow everyone to catch up.. My bro hiccups started around the drug test time. When they started going it took him forever to get one. He later found out that they couldn't verify his education, he fixed it that day and he had the email to schedule the drug test the very next day. so they pushed him through that part rather quickly. My bro is in the same position as your fam, received the assessment email but still can't schedule it.
Mark

Adrian, MI

#2617 Jan 13, 2013
MR_OCD wrote:
Is anyone around my time?
08/08/12- Finished Application 5:02pm
08/15/12- still in consideration.
01/04/13- phone screening done.
01/11/13- still in consideration.
(METRO DETROIT AREA ONLY)
Congrats to all who made it!
I'm the same. Except my screen was late dec n got the still in consideration email last week on 11th. One guy say it took him a yr to get in.

“I refresh every 5 minutes.”

Since: Jan 13

Detroit

#2618 Jan 13, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>I'm the same. Except my screen was late dec n got the still in consideration email last week on 11th. One guy say it took him a yr to get in.
Oh WoW a year! I thought it was over months after Nov. then as I found this site emails started coming it gave me hope because this was my last shot before going back truck driving hopefully we all get hired or OTR I go.
bigcam

Washington, DC

#2619 Jan 13, 2013
brownnomber23 wrote:
<quoted text> hi so what should we wear as females? Thanks
im waiting on my assessment email too but I would reccomend you wear your most comfortable clothes and shoes and be prepared to do your best
Brownbomber23

Elyria, OH

#2620 Jan 13, 2013
bigcam wrote:
<quoted text>im waiting on my assessment email too but I would reccomend you wear your most comfortable clothes and shoes and be prepared to do your best
Ok thanks bigcam and you be prepared to do your best as well!
lucky

Grand Rapids, MI

#2621 Jan 13, 2013
Chris wrote:
applied aug 8
drug test oct 9
congrats nov 8
this was for Detroit metro
recently toledo app was on my status...with a orientation date 16/17..for a fulltime positin (I didn't apply for toledo) and all the sudden my status for Detroit says "we have all the info we need"
I called candidate care and she said detroit positions were filled up...so they offered me what they had available.
I asked if I denied it will I still be in consideration? She said yes but she didn't know when positions would open and it wasn't guaranteed that I'd be full time.
Soooo I took the position! 40 min drive but hey oh well.
this was for orientation or assesment?
detroitlady

New York, NY

#2622 Jan 13, 2013
Anybody taking the assessment should wear comfortable clothes gymshoes, t shirt, jogging pants nothing tight you need to have room to move.
Brownbomber23

Elyria, OH

#2623 Jan 13, 2013
detroitlady wrote:
Anybody taking the assessment should wear comfortable clothes gymshoes, t shirt, jogging pants nothing tight you need to have room to move.
thanks I was thinking if jogging pants would be ok also is it cool in there?would a light jacket be ok?

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#2624 Jan 13, 2013
Brownbomber23 wrote:
<quoted text>thanks I was thinking if jogging pants would be ok also is it cool in there?would a light jacket be ok?
I wouldn't wear anything you cant take off. The room is small and it heats up quick when you start testing. If you take a jacket i would take it off before you test for sure.

Location hidden

#2625 Jan 13, 2013
Dtown1990 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey,
the extra wait time would suck, especially if you have assessed already, but it does make sense that they would allow everyone to catch up.. My bro hiccups started around the drug test time. When they started going it took him forever to get one. He later found out that they couldn't verify his education, he fixed it that day and he had the email to schedule the drug test the very next day. so they pushed him through that part rather quickly. My bro is in the same position as your fam, received the assessment email but still can't schedule it.
That sucks he didn't get to apply for Detroit Area. I feel bad I couldn't get my brother on the Detroit App, it closed so fast. Its funny, I just happened to check out the website and saw the job, never even been on the site before, it was a blessing. Even more crazy is I get an email to schedule my phone interview the following Tuesday, I go the site and there is the Toledo opening, so i applied and helped my bro and cousin. Its amazing how things like this works out. I wish your bro good luck, I really feel for the people going through the Toledo process, its just such an odd, long process. I think it makes it worse they are trying to get the new Jeep set up right and they have been having problems I guess. They wont even have a model ready for the Detroit Auto show.

Saint Clair Shores, MI

#2626 Jan 13, 2013
BCO40812 wrote:
<quoted text>
That sucks he didn't get to apply for Detroit Area. I feel bad I couldn't get my brother on the Detroit App, it closed so fast. Its funny, I just happened to check out the website and saw the job, never even been on the site before, it was a blessing. Even more crazy is I get an email to schedule my phone interview the following Tuesday, I go the site and there is the Toledo opening, so i applied and helped my bro and cousin. Its amazing how things like this works out. I wish your bro good luck, I really feel for the people going through the Toledo process, its just such an odd, long process. I think it makes it worse they are trying to get the new Jeep set up right and they have been having problems I guess. They wont even have a model ready for the Detroit Auto show.
I wish your fam good luck as well. I hear you on the blessing, I filled out the application on a whim because my aunt mentioned it. I didn't think much of it because as a kid and a few years into my teens i was lazy, in doing so i hadn't any work experience and thought they would look right over me; Thankfully that didn't turn out to be the case. I actually couldn't get into the app when they first went up and i figured i missed the window, I checked around 3 or 4 the next day and got it done, how's that for timing? The detroit app seemed like it closed five minutes after it opened. your bro coming along fairly quickly in the process? My bro missed for a possible number of reasons, either the info wasn't relayed to him in a timely manner or he was being flat out lazy, i believe it was the latter. when i get info on the toledo stuff i try to pitch to him to keep him in the loop. I have the utmost respect for the people going through the toledo process, I can't imagine how it is for the people who really need a job to have to wait so long. The process is very weird, I'm sure many will rejoice when they make it though. What hold ups did they have on the jeep?
lucky

Grand Rapids, MI

#2627 Jan 13, 2013
Dtown1990 wrote:
<quoted text>I wish your fam good luck as well. I hear you on the blessing, I filled out the application on a whim because my aunt mentioned it. I didn't think much of it because as a kid and a few years into my teens i was lazy, in doing so i hadn't any work experience and thought they would look right over me; Thankfully that didn't turn out to be the case. I actually couldn't get into the app when they first went up and i figured i missed the window, I checked around 3 or 4 the next day and got it done, how's that for timing? The detroit app seemed like it closed five minutes after it opened. your bro coming along fairly quickly in the process? My bro missed for a possible number of reasons, either the info wasn't relayed to him in a timely manner or he was being flat out lazy, i believe it was the latter. when i get info on the toledo stuff i try to pitch to him to keep him in the loop. I have the utmost respect for the people going through the toledo process, I can't imagine how it is for the people who really need a job to have to wait so long. The process is very weird, I'm sure many will rejoice when they make it though. What hold ups did they have on the jeep?
I feel you on that im kinda in same boat as you on work exp. i lucked up to get a app in when i got the email i had forgot i even applied lol i had no idea it was a time window or anything until this forum. i seen the posting and was like what the hell might as well

Location hidden

#2628 Jan 13, 2013
Dtown1990 wrote:
<quoted text>I wish your fam good luck as well. I hear you on the blessing, I filled out the application on a whim because my aunt mentioned it. I didn't think much of it because as a kid and a few years into my teens i was lazy, in doing so i hadn't any work experience and thought they would look right over me; Thankfully that didn't turn out to be the case. I actually couldn't get into the app when they first went up and i figured i missed the window, I checked around 3 or 4 the next day and got it done, how's that for timing? The detroit app seemed like it closed five minutes after it opened. your bro coming along fairly quickly in the process? My bro missed for a possible number of reasons, either the info wasn't relayed to him in a timely manner or he was being flat out lazy, i believe it was the latter. when i get info on the toledo stuff i try to pitch to him to keep him in the loop. I have the utmost respect for the people going through the toledo process, I can't imagine how it is for the people who really need a job to have to wait so long. The process is very weird, I'm sure many will rejoice when they make it though. What hold ups did they have on the jeep?
My brother is like a lot of the people waiting for assessment, has not heard anything. I feel bad because i progressed through both Detroit and Toledo openings and hes still waiting. I do feel where" Ninjas" hard feelings come from but in reality if i get called for warren first, if they offer to me Toledo and i reject they go to the next person, that simple. I did not keep a job from someone, it just goes to the next person. Kind of like at the secritary of the state, if the person before you walks to his car and his number is called, they go to the next person, me. The position is not wasted.

I actually read in the "Toledo Blade" newspaper that they are still working on it and working out fit and finish it sounds like. So i assume most of the holdup is the new car.

Saint Clair Shores, MI

#2629 Jan 13, 2013
BCO40812 wrote:
<quoted text>
My brother is like a lot of the people waiting for assessment, has not heard anything. I feel bad because i progressed through both Detroit and Toledo openings and hes still waiting. I do feel where" Ninjas" hard feelings come from but in reality if i get called for warren first, if they offer to me Toledo and i reject they go to the next person, that simple. I did not keep a job from someone, it just goes to the next person. Kind of like at the secritary of the state, if the person before you walks to his car and his number is called, they go to the next person, me. The position is not wasted.
I actually read in the "Toledo Blade" newspaper that they are still working on it and working out fit and finish it sounds like. So i assume most of the holdup is the new car.
One would think that if a person applied for both positions and was offered one position, the other would be passed to the next in line. There were valid points made across the board during that convo, i just think this process has put a lot of people on edge and it presented itself in that convo. that's how my bro is, i check with him everyday to see if he has heard anything and to try and keep his spirits up. I tell him the good news is that they haven't formally removed him. One can honestly say that the stress factor has risen some days while dealing with this process. I had to remember that even though a lot of us haven't met, we are applying for the same job and we should be trying to hold each other up. I don't think a lot of people, myself included, would have had an easy time with process if not for some of the support that was provided here.If the info from the "toledo blade" is accurate that does seem like something that could cause a delay.This whole experience has been a blessing for me. I've learned a few things and have met some cool people along the way.

“I refresh every 5 minutes.”

Since: Jan 13

Detroit

#2630 Jan 13, 2013
Yes, I needed this site because I was hyper ventilating after phone screen. Found this site afterward.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chrysler Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
No Engine for Dundee?? So much for gold. 6 hr John Holmes 28
How do you like work on the assembly line at Ch... (Jun '15) 18 hr Carl 25
Toledo Machining Plant closing January 2018 21 hr Jack MeHoff 9
Occurances and Seniority (When returns from Lay... Tue Lil turtle 3
Boycott anybody not standing Tue Butcher 15
Belvidere Oct 16 Dr Phil 12
No start issue... pt cruiser Oct 16 Dr Phil 3
More from around the web