What is this difference between getti...

What is this difference between getting hired full time versus part time?

Posted in the Chrysler Forum

BeautifulMe

Magna, UT

#1 Nov 29, 2012
I assumed by the conditional offer I was getting hired temporary to part time but I got a call from corporate telling me I was getting hired in as full time. What's the difference?

Since: Oct 08

Toledo, OH

#2 Nov 29, 2012
..benefits...
jeepeer83

Temperance, MI

#3 Nov 29, 2012
All people getting hires you want to be Full Time not TPT no right and Benfits. Can.t miss work.
Belmike

Beloit, WI

#4 Nov 29, 2012
this would be a good time to debunk the old "There are no stupid questions" comment. Think about the question you are asking. Think about it as long as you can. If you cannot come up with the answer on your own you need to do two things. Don't ever ask that question again and don't answer your phone when chrysler calls you again. You will be doing lot of people a big favor.
BeautifulMe

Magna, UT

#5 Nov 29, 2012
Thanks to everyone else that answered the question, but to you Belmike no one asked for your unneeded comments. There is more to the question than the obvious but it's people like you that say things that you could've kept to yourself. Get a life!
Curious

Rockford, IL

#6 Nov 29, 2012
Part-timers get paid time and a half after 8hrs. And time and a half on Saturday and double time on Sunday regardless of hours worked.

Full-timers are paid time and a half after 40 hrs. Of work.
Yankee

Rockford, IL

#7 Nov 29, 2012
Tpt gets the boot over full time employees. No tpt takes presidence over a full time employee per UAW contract.

Tpt will never get paid time off.

Tpt will not receive bonuses.

Tpt is temporary.
not bullied

Rockford, IL

#8 Dec 2, 2012
Hey jeepeer.......we have rights and some benifits!! You don't know us very well do you???? We also get paid holidays too. There is alot that you don't know....but then again why would we tell you??? You dumb-ass!! Times have changed.
Curious

Rockford, IL

#9 Dec 3, 2012
jeepeer83 wrote:
All people getting hires you want to be Full Time not TPT no right and Benfits. Can.t miss work.

There's alot you don't know about part-timers. They really do have it good.
Yankee

Rockford, IL

#10 Dec 3, 2012
Yeah. Temporarily. I think it's best to think about a future and not just the present. Sales cycle will slow eventually and the tpts will be the first out the door. While tpt gains seniority slower than full time employees and a tpt will never trump any full time employee, meaning ur senority is only good over other tpt's.
Yankee

Rockford, IL

#11 Dec 3, 2012
Review the UAW.org website for the Chrysler contract to review part time employees standing in the company. It's one with a weak backing.
not bullied

Rockford, IL

#12 Dec 4, 2012
I have to correct something.....I keep forgetting that there is a big difference between tpt and pt. Sorry. However, tpt don't get crap but the pt's are totaly different.
recent hire

United States

#13 Dec 4, 2012
Im a tpt as and I was told we dont get paid holidays.could,someone confirm
JackMehoff

Sterling Heights, MI

#14 Jul 21, 2013
TPT is a joke, get strung along with no vacations or benefits . The union is crap now anyways. No power. And we're a right to work state too . Chrysler is the WORST. Sergio and Rick Collens are shifty as hell.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chrysler Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Brian Harlow 3 min 88ers 4
Temporary full time vs tpt 16 min TempLivesMatter 21
chrysler hiring process FAQ for new applicants. (Jun '12) 28 min TempLivesMatter 18,441
Itp 1 and itp2 kokomo rumers 7 hr 1painterdude 3
Shap re canvassing jobs 16 hr Yay 2
Profit sharing at the bvap 16 hr Amway 2
All RED VEST Getting laid-off March ? 16 hr Fred trost 20
More from around the web