All-new 2008 Chrysler Sebring convert...

All-new 2008 Chrysler Sebring convertible tops segment with cla...

There are 96 comments on the Mississauga.com story from Nov 29, 2006, titled All-new 2008 Chrysler Sebring convertible tops segment with cla.... In it, Mississauga.com reports that:

Chrysler raised the roof on the convertible segment today by introducing the all-new 2008 Chrysler Sebring Convertible at the Los Angeles Auto Show.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Mississauga.com.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Canadian Dave

Woodbridge, Canada

#82 Aug 13, 2011
TBDean wrote:
Purchased a 2008 ragtop in December 2010. Had a check engine light (minor emissions leak) that would not trigger a code. Contacted corporate and they worked with the dealer...finally replaced the fuel tank (at no cost to me,) and problem solved.:)
Now, one of the plastic hinges that hold the plastic unit in the trunk that must be opened to hold the convertible top when opened has broken. Contacted corporate and this unit is not manufactured by Chrysler, so they do not sell the part. Whatever mental genius engineer who did not foresee a PLASTIC part breaking, should be shot. This would be an easy part to provision for as all three hinges are identical! Anyone have any idea where I might purchase some hinges? My husband has bought some metal hinges that he can rivet in...but we'd rather have the right type of hinge. Thanks for any help.
The entire top system is made for Chrysler
by Karman (yes the same folks that made the Karman Gia classic)It
is assembled in Germany and shipped to Chrysler in Sterling Hts MI They provide the same mechanism for Audi,VW,Porsche,and others. Try snd see if the hinge in one of these other cars would match yours
Lorna

Walnut Creek, CA

#83 Sep 6, 2011
The Chrysler 2008 convertible Sebring SUCKS.
The Top won't go down and it leaks water like a waterfall.
greg

Armstrong, Canada

#84 Nov 4, 2011
Car hesitates when cold?
KEP 72

Waterford, WI

#85 Nov 4, 2011
greg wrote:
Car hesitates when cold?
warm it up. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
dhu

Toledo, OH

#86 Nov 4, 2011
Lorna wrote:
The Chrysler 2008 convertible Sebring SUCKS.
The Top won't go down and it leaks water like a waterfall.
Ok, Never buy a convertable, eventually its going to leak, and never buy a car with a sunroof, because someday that is going to leak also, stay away from the bells, and whistles.
Hal

United States

#87 Apr 26, 2012
Robert wrote:
I just bought a 2008 Sebring convertable soft top, and after reading this posts, I'm sure hoping that I don't have any issues with mine.
To Robert
I just got my 2008 as well, hopefully all the bugs have been worked out since it's 4 years old..but I do have the squeaking problem when top is up.....read a fix for it though....good luck with yours
Steve S

Saginaw, MI

#88 Jul 27, 2012
We got our 2008 in june of 2007,I was elegible for discount from were i work but the dealer wouldnt honor it.So we paid full sticker price. We have only driven it in the summer,on vacations,& its stored winters.The car only has 15500 miles on it,only been in for 2 recalls,and now this,top was going up mhen we heard a pop sound while the top was going up-back window deck broke on driverside. Took it in for repairs,they fixed, during the checking of the top operation bam! it broke again now on both sides.. we have the preimum warr. but for some reason,the top is not covered?? so 400.00 to remove the top out of the car and bench check whats wrong.and the warr. states anything mechanical is covered.dealer is working with us to remindy this. chrysler has also agreed to help with the cost. so i hope its good as new next week
idais31

Las Vegas, NV

#89 Aug 30, 2012
i bought a 2008 chrystler convertible hard top.
when they showed me the car the top wouldnt go all the way back up,i loved the car for all the extra options on the limited that i told them if they fix it ill buy it.
when i took it in for them to fix it the guy inspecting it said it was the brain.(whatever that ment)but the next day they called to tell me they where replaceing the "motor" to the convertible.
when i got it back it worked fine for three days.then it did it again..
this time the dealer said to take it to a collision shop they work with.
the guy that owbed it is a mechanicle engineer.
he ordered the schematics for the top and fixed my problem.
he walked me thru the whole thing and told me it was a computer problem,the parts where not communicating with each other and was causing confusion and the top to freez up.
it works great now!!(knock on wood).
hope this helps anyone who has the same problem.
Britt50

Keene, NH

#90 Sep 25, 2012
Bought 08 Sebring HT Convertible Ltd in June. Low miles and we know the original owner who has had no problems like in some of these posts but recently noticed some rattling from the rear window dash when the top is up. Found some plastic parts in the trunk. One that's some tpype of spacer that looks like it broke off, the other is a plastic screw like part of which I imagine belongs somewhere of more importance than rolling around in the cargo space. The rattling is annoying so have appointment for dealer to fix. Will post the outcome.

Other than this, and I knock on wood as I say, I like my Sebring (still have my 2002 300M bought back in 05), and have used the conv top alot with no issues (yet?).
Susanne

Salinas, CA

#91 Jan 1, 2014
Were you able to fine the plastic hinges for the plastic unit in the trunk? I need to replace mine too.
TBDean wrote:
Purchased a 2008 ragtop in December 2010. Had a check engine light (minor emissions leak) that would not trigger a code. Contacted corporate and they worked with the dealer...finally replaced the fuel tank (at no cost to me,) and problem solved.:)
Now, one of the plastic hinges that hold the plastic unit in the trunk that must be opened to hold the convertible top when opened has broken. Contacted corporate and this unit is not manufactured by Chrysler, so they do not sell the part. Whatever mental genius engineer who did not foresee a PLASTIC part breaking, should be shot. This would be an easy part to provision for as all three hinges are identical! Anyone have any idea where I might purchase some hinges? My husband has bought some metal hinges that he can rivet in...but we'd rather have the right type of hinge. Thanks for any help.
Susanne

Salinas, CA

#92 Jan 1, 2014
Was any one able to find where you can find replacement hinges on the inside of the plastic folding panel?
2008 Sebring

Irving, TX

#93 May 18, 2014
I just bought a used 2008 Sebring. The top going down is sticking and the trunk is getting stuck up in the air and won't close. I have to sit and pray and then hope it will come down. After reading everyone else's nightmares I'm scared to even try. It's the prettiest car, r the convertible top!
Que

Montgomery, AL

#94 Mar 18, 2015
add me to this list my 08 sebring is doing the same thing dealer told me $3000 to fix it but was not sure if it will fix the problem i paid $8500 cash for this car had it a year CHRYSLER WHY DID YOU ALL DO USE SO WRONG WE STILL NEED HELP POSTED 3-18-15
gary que

West Palm Beach, FL

#95 Jun 4, 2016
my driver side window every time i put it up it go back down
gary que

West Palm Beach, FL

#96 Jun 4, 2016
on my 2008 sebring
mizzak

Chicago, IL

#97 Sep 28, 2016
I have a 2008 2.7 sebring and it's a mess. You have to take off the tire and inner wheel wheel mud covers then take loose 4 bolts ad wiggle out the battery through a small opening. If you commit the ultimate sin of having to change your spark plugs you have to take off the upper intake manifold cover, which is not easy to do. The engineers were literally laughing when they put this model out. I will never own another one.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chrysler Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Profit sharing Feb 2017 $7000 3 min sebring12 41
Tpts at wrap dwindling 18 min Step up 24
Major layoffs at Mack Engine 2 hr Bill Clinton 102
Please help!! 3 hr Firecracker 1
Trump ends tpp nafta next 5 hr Jaba 15
February profit sharing $4200 8 hr Batman 36
Millennials 9 hr Mem 2
More from around the web