All-new 2008 Chrysler Sebring convert...

All-new 2008 Chrysler Sebring convertible tops segment with cla...

There are 95 comments on the Mississauga.com story from Nov 29, 2006, titled All-new 2008 Chrysler Sebring convertible tops segment with cla.... In it, Mississauga.com reports that:

Chrysler raised the roof on the convertible segment today by introducing the all-new 2008 Chrysler Sebring Convertible at the Los Angeles Auto Show.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Mississauga.com.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Zet

United States

#1 Dec 4, 2006
100% Copy of WV EOS
Shame on you Chrysler!!!
Bill

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#2 Jul 13, 2007
I just purchased a 2008 Sebering Conv. It now only has 1000 miles on it. I have had to put it into the shop twice already because the trunk does not always align properly after putting the top up and down. They adjust it, but, its still not right. One hates to spend a lot of money on a vehicle that looks like it has been in a wreck.
The shop says there is nothing more they can do.
This is the third vehicle in my area that I have seen with this problem. Has this been a problem with anyone else. Dealer is being very tight lipped about it.
Bill

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#3 Jul 13, 2007
Zet wrote:
100% Copy of WV EOS
Shame on you Chrysler!!!
I believe its an eng. problem, but they need to make it right. I was also to recieve a windscreen with the car. I havn't seen that either.
Dean

Phoenix, AZ

#4 Jul 16, 2007
The trunk lid doesn't close properly and required being pulled out and the spacer falles apart and the top gets stuck open because of a sensor issue. This top design is slick but sucks.
Jackie

Richmond, VA

#5 Jul 30, 2007
I purchased a 2008 Sebring convertible, with all the bells and whistles, on July 11th. I identified the problemson day one!! I've driven it only one week since then--while they were waiting for a part from Chrysler which also didn't work. It has electronic problems (trunk, hood, top, remote start, you name it). So far, the dealer tried two fixes to no avail. He says these problems are nation-wide and they can't sell more of this model until the problem has been fixed. I was told today that it will be August 11th before the new part will be received. They've given me a rental in the meantime. I told the dealer "I see a Lemon Law issue here." I paid CASH for this vehicle and I'm one mad consumer. I should have paid more attention to Consumers Report and other reviews. I fear we're in for a lot of problems with this one. But it sure is pretty.
Jackie

Richmond, VA

#6 Jul 30, 2007
Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe its an eng. problem, but they need to make it right. I was also to recieve a windscreen with the car. I havn't seen that either.
Bill: Mine came with two windscreens--but one was broken!!! Maybe one was destined for your car. See my other comment re. problems.
RJo

United States

#7 Jul 31, 2007
got mine on june 19 -hard top convertible-works great no problems w/trunk lid
Charlie

United States

#8 Aug 3, 2007
Just placed my first service call (of which I fear is many more to come). Bought my Sebring convertible on June 30th. Today the trunk would not close when I opened the top.
First comment from dealer was that none of our techs have been trained on this product.
Got a rental car through the dealer and called roadside assistance. So far dealer has been very accomodating. Got my fingers crossed
kaz

Chester, PA

#9 Aug 14, 2007
Hey my convertible stopped today..this is my fourth call....the first 3 time I took it back after buying it 6/15....the trunk wouldnt close so I couldnt use the convertible...this time I tried to put the top down and the trunk stayed straight up in the air...had to be towed.... set for 3 hours then got a beat up rental car .......and Im driving a 2008...I know when something is new...you have to be careful...but thats chrysler responsiblity to make sure its right.....the loan people will want the money and I want my car or something safe to drive in the mean time. Now my original dealership is trying to work with me to at least make me safe. But its not their fault anyway...its CHRYSLERS.. I tell ya if you haven't had problem beware..or may be you got the one that was done correctly
AKJ

Menlo Park, CA

#10 Aug 17, 2007
Rented a 2008 Sebring convertible in Hawaii a week ago. It had about 3K miles on it, so it's fairly new. The first time we put the top down, there were no problems. The second time, the roof went into the trunk, but the trunk lid would not close at all and everything got stuck that way. Had to be towed away and we wasted a lot of vacation time waiting for the tow and a new rental. No more Sebrings for me, thank you!
DEBBIE

Troy, MI

#11 Aug 23, 2007
i leased a 2008 serbing convertible in 5/2008
and from day one i have had problems with it.
from the truck off align, the cargo carriage not put in propley, to carriage being broken, to carriage leaving marks in top, to the top leaking.
it has been in the dealer at least 8 time shame on them. the top has been replaced ononce for the marks now it leaks, if i open the door in pours in the car and leaves the seat soaked ( i am gald i don't have to dress well for work, they now say that, that is normal DONT THINK SO
DEBBIE

Troy, MI

#12 Aug 23, 2007
I LEASED A NEW SEBRING CONVERTIBLE IN 5/08
IT HAS BEEN IN THE DEALER AT LEAST 8 TIMES FOR ONE THING OR ANOTHER. FROM THE TRUCK OFF ALIGN, TO THE CARRIAGE BEING PUT IN WRONG, TO THE CARRIGE BEING BROKEN, TO THE BROKEN CARRIGE LEAVING MARKS IN THE TOP, TO THE TOP LEAKING.
NOW WHEN I OPEN THE DOOR AFTER A RAIN I GET POURED ON, THANK GOD I REALLY DON'T HAVE TO DRESS UP FOR WORK I CAN WEAR SHORTS OR JEANS. THEY SAY NOW THAT IT NORMAL FOR IT TO DO THAT. BUT NOT TO A POINT THAT THE SEAT AND FLOOR IS SOAKED.
SHAME SHAME ON YOU CHRYLERS FOR NOT HELPING ME. THIS CAR IS A LEMON AND THEY DON'T WANT TO TAKE IT BACK WHILE I FEEL IT IS TIME FOR A LAWYER
DEBBIE

Troy, MI

#13 Aug 23, 2007
RJo wrote:
got mine on june 19 -hard top convertible-works great no problems w/trunk lid
ALL I CAN SAY IS GOOD LUCK
THEY WERE DESIGNED WRONG.
Jackie VA

Richmond, VA

#14 Aug 25, 2007
I'm baaaack!!! Well, since I bought the 2008 Sebring convertible on July 11th (see previous postings), it has been in the shop 27 days. Today I mailed a formal Lemon Law claim to Chrysler. I do not blame the dealership for any of these problems, they are scratching their heads--and paying for my rental cars of which I'm on the thirds. The Sebring came with a multitude of manufacturing defects (where's the quality control?). The dealer got parts from Chrysler and corrected all but the problems with the convertible top. The remote top control works sporadically but the serious problem is that the darned mechanism starts sponteously as I'm driving--a heart stopper when this happens in the rain.
I suspect all these cars are defective and I hope I can get my money back and buy a quality product.
Does anyone know of another site where we can complain and warn prospective buyers about these lemons?
BTW: I'm glad I'm fit--closing the trunk lid is a workout in itself.
Jackie from VA

Richmond, VA

#15 Aug 25, 2007
Debbie: Did your owner's documents not contain an Onwer's Rights Under State Lemon Laws booklet? You probably don't need a lawyer at this point. I'm hoping Chrysler will comply with lemon law provisions and that I won't need an attorney. But if I do, I found plenty of them when I Googled "lemon law." Good luck!!!
Tony

Tampa, FL

#16 Aug 28, 2007
I recently ordered a 2008 Sebring Conv. Limited due to be delivered late September. I wasn't too apprehensive after reading all that I could on the net. After discovering this forum and reading it, I must admit I'm really concerned. As a retiree, money doesn't come as easily as it used to. I don't know whether to take my chances and "see what happens," or cancel my order even if it means losing my down payment. I'm also wondering if, by the time of delivery, some of the problems mentioned in this forum might have been corrected by Chrysler. Would like any opinions, if you will.
Mike Buckley

Fairfax, VA

#17 Sep 1, 2007
I considered all of the retractable hard tops in this price range and decided not to buy one. That's because I keep cars a long time.(The car I recently sold was 14 years old and I had been the owner for the last 11.) I feared that it was likely that the mechanics would go bad in the later years, causing an expensive repair. I also feared that in this price range most if not all of the retractable hard tops were first-year designs and that there might be inevitable design flaws. I haven't checked the other brands to see if they are having similar problems described in this forum, but I sure am glad I didn't buy the 2008 retractable hard top.

Instead, in June I bought a new 2006 soft top that was the dealer's demo with 4000 miles on it. So far, I'm very happy with it. Even so, there are two worn spots in the top. The dealer immediately agreed to fix the mechanical adjustments that cause the problem and to replace the top.
Jackie from VA

Richmond, VA

#18 Sep 9, 2007
Tony: I'd think seriously about purchasing this vehicle. I'm trying to get my money back under Lemon Law but I have the car back again, after four trips to the dealership and 39 days out of service. The car seems to be working OK right now but I don't trust it and won't take it far from home for a while. There is so much that can go wrong with the top mechanism (look at all the hydraulic stuff in the trunk). Plus, the trunk lid is extremely difficult to close. I have to say that my dealership has been superb in working with me but it looks as though Chrysler has a DOG here.
DEBBY

Troy, MI

#19 Sep 11, 2007
TO ANY ONE WHO LEASED OR PUCHASED A CAR FROM CHYSLER WITH AN EMPLOYEE DISCOUNT. THE LEMON LAW WILL NOT WORK. BECAUSE YOU WILL HAVE TO GO TO ARBATIONS.

THEY GOT YOU COMING AND GOING
Darrell

Glenwood, IL

#20 Sep 14, 2007
Are these problems with both the hard and soft tops?
I'm looking at a '08 Sebring base model with a soft top.
Thanks

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chrysler Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
shap workers at Wtap 23 min Anywho 2
Sterling 1 hr stamping 1
shap shap rumors (Oct '11) 6 hr Baby 1,830
Wtap product announcement 7 hr Baby 21
TNAP going for WCM gold 13 hr Johnny 1
Trump For President 18 hr Bill Cosby 58
Assesment test?? (Oct '12) Fri Haha 66
More from around the web