Will Chrysler hire there tpt's
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Pokey

AOL

#130 Jan 13, 2013
PPT, Right on!!
I started working at Bap as a TPT back in august and at first I was content with being a TPT because we were working 3 days a week and I had another job outside of Chrysler.
But then the union got mad that they were using too many part timers to fill full time positions and took a day away from me. And that was ok back then because my other job was going full steam and it just basically gave me another day to work my other job.
I was offered to go full time a couple of times now and turned it down because my other job is really good money and I get to take long lunches and my feet dont hurt at the end of the day! lol
But my other job is one of those jobs that every year between Jan-April there is almost no work and I thought I could hump by on 2 days a week working for Chrysler this year but they have been sending us home early lately and that check is gettin smaller and smaller so Im seriously considering going full time now!
But being a part timer im trained at many jobs and I love floating all over the place and meeting new people on both A and C shift and not being bored of doing the same thing everyday and if they would have kept me at 3 days a week I could see staying a part timer for a few years.
whatever

Belvidere, IL

#131 Jan 13, 2013
j evans wrote:
New hires are sad, they beg for jobs in a union shop and turn against the ones who paved way for them.
Not too mention lazy! OMG!! they r so so lazy! just there to make a little beer money! thats all. they ain't goin nowhere. when I see one of them coming to my line, i get in a bad mood. call my supervisor to come and get him/or her! i don 't have time to mess with them. such a waste they r!
jeep tpt

Toledo, OH

#132 Mar 1, 2013
stamping 95 wrote:
if there not going to hire them how in the hell can they ask them to work for less money. our they that ruthless?
You have no idea what it's like to be a tpt at the toledo jeep plant.I hate the term tpt. we work 60 hrs. a week with no insurance no holiday pay no profit sharing and in a lot of cases no respect from management. Now we are asked to take a $13.00/hr pay cut. We have been tpt's since 2001 and 2007. we have busted our asses to reach our current pay, ranging from $21.00/hr.to $28.33/hr. The sad part of all this is the(UNION) who call us there brother and sister is in full support of it. They are telling us to take a $27,000 to $32,000 pay cut. We need this to be heard. I was raised to believe hard work should pay off, and right is right and wrong is wrong. And this my friends is wrong.
Jeep Employee

Toledo, OH

#133 Mar 1, 2013
jeep tpt wrote:
<quoted text>You have no idea what it's like to be a tpt at the toledo jeep plant.I hate the term tpt. we work 60 hrs. a week with no insurance no holiday pay no profit sharing and in a lot of cases no respect from management. Now we are asked to take a $13.00/hr pay cut. We have been tpt's since 2001 and 2007. we have busted our asses to reach our current pay, ranging from $21.00/hr.to $28.33/hr. The sad part of all this is the(UNION) who call us there brother and sister is in full support of it. They are telling us to take a $27,000 to $32,000 pay cut. We need this to be heard. I was raised to believe hard work should pay off, and right is right and wrong is wrong. And this my friends is wrong.
Then dont take the offer, This isn't 1974 anymore and hard work doesn't pay anymore than no work (welfare and people f*cking the system) In this economy you take what you can get, and $15.82 is still alot better than most jobs would pay you.
screwed2

Lena, IL

#134 Mar 1, 2013
jeep tpt wrote:
<quoted text>You have no idea what it's like to be a tpt at the toledo jeep plant.I hate the term tpt. we work 60 hrs. a week with no insurance no holiday pay no profit sharing and in a lot of cases no respect from management. Now we are asked to take a $13.00/hr pay cut. We have been tpt's since 2001 and 2007. we have busted our asses to reach our current pay, ranging from $21.00/hr.to $28.33/hr. The sad part of all this is the(UNION) who call us there brother and sister is in full support of it. They are telling us to take a $27,000 to $32,000 pay cut. We need this to be heard. I was raised to believe hard work should pay off, and right is right and wrong is wrong. And this my friends is wrong.
This same thing happened at BAP in 2010 and yes, the union was behind it
2007 tpt

United States

#135 Mar 3, 2013
Our uaw brothers and sisters have betrayed us. danny,walt,rowe,eply,peterson all of them have turned there backs on the tpts. they forsed us to work holidays.no bonused profit sharing and what now a pay cut. all jeep workers better unite and straighten this S*** out before all gets out of hand that contract comes up you think you're going to keep your pain haha. We have to fight now.shut this travisty down before they take everything.united we stand or we fall.
real lady

United States

#136 Apr 3, 2013
I like bein a tpt at jnap its not bad bt i said if they offer full time i wuld take it bt i also wanna gt my schooling together wats the best advice ? Cuz i kno im not gon b able to go to school and wrk full time bt i like being tpt i hope they.dnt gt rid of us
hoko

Fairfax, VA

#137 Apr 3, 2013
2007 tpt wrote:
Our uaw brothers and sisters have betrayed us. danny,walt,rowe,eply,peterson all of them have turned there backs on the tpts. they forsed us to work holidays.no bonused profit sharing and what now a pay cut. all jeep workers better unite and straighten this S*** orut before all gets out of hand that contract comes up you think you're going to keep your pain haha. We have to fight now.shut this travisty down before they take everything.united we stand or we fall.
u. Scabs need to stop complaining and get to work if not u are out the door. This is our shop not tpts
Union

Arlington, TN

#138 Apr 9, 2013
BIW

Astoria, NY

#139 Apr 9, 2013
They will roll the TPT over. With our attendance policy they can't keep people.
Onion head

Windsor, Canada

#140 Oct 9, 2013
Rich_St_Louis_South wrote:
A good friend of mine is a temp, he is my sons baseball and basketball coach.
How can I look him in the eye if I vote yes on this deal.
He has been a TPT for over 8 years, and now they will ask him to take 14 dollars an hour?
BS.
How the hell can you be a TPT for 8 frikkin years?
Don't you need to be enrolled in post secondary school?

He should be a brain surgeon by now.
Linda

Farmington, MI

#141 Jun 22, 2015
Does anyone here like working for Chrysler assembly line?
Linda

Farmington, MI

#142 Jun 22, 2015
Does anyone here enjoy working for Chrysler on the assembly line?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chrysler Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Conductor training 40 min True tradesman 45
Married and having affairs (Jun '11) 8 hr wildone 82
SHAP WCM Audit 9 hr Bill 5
Profit sharing 2017 looking up 9 hr RTW 12
Serg at ssp 11 hr Team Member 5
2013 dodge dart rallye 11 hr Tom Nicholson 1
News Dodge Charger, Jeep Cherokee, Chrysler 300 reca... 18 hr Zild 4
More from around the web