stamping 95

AOL

#21 Oct 12, 2007
I cant believe some of the people on here wouldnt want a tpt to get hired at our pay rate. there paying union dues and the union screwed them plain and simple. why should anyone on here care? its not like the moneys coming out of your pocket. i bet these our the same kind of employee,s that takes advantage of the tpts. hey cover my job for a couple of minutes bro, and they come back 20 minutes later. i see it all the time these people make me sick!!!
haten the belv

United States

#22 Oct 12, 2007
JeepGirl wrote:
It's unfortunate that anybody would want less than optimal performance from their company (ie: only 2 shifts instead of 3).
It's also foolish to believe that our economy could accomodate 3 shifts for an extended period of time.
I don't believe that if the ETE's lost their job that myself, or any other employee, would be in any better position than they are now.
As far as getting a "good" job...? They pay us the same no matter what we do and if we lose hundreds of line workers, well, prepare to work a lot harder no matter what department you're in.
In my opinion the only thing that makes a "real" UAW worker is someone that:
1. shows up every day
2. does their job & watches the jobs of everyone before them
3. supports the people around them
i agree with you. i just wish it happens there.what part of mich. you from. i make the drive back home every chance i get. i dont like it out there nothing to do but get drunk and bar fights. not for me.
nomod

Peoria, IL

#23 Oct 12, 2007
pam wrote:
And my man will be drinking his budwiser and not some cheep beer.
I consider bud cheap beer. Whats your idea of a nice restraunt?? Steak & Shake??
Do you uns brush your tooth everyday as well??

“Only In My Jeeps”

Since: May 07

I miss Michigan

#24 Oct 12, 2007
haten the belv wrote:
<quoted text>i agree with you. i just wish it happens there.what part of mich. you from. i make the drive back home every chance i get. i dont like it out there nothing to do but get drunk and bar fights. not for me.
I started at JNAP years ago & have been at the bottom of the barrel ever since.
When JNAP kept laying 20-30 people off every Friday & ended third shift, I was the last person laid off. I went home & was called to Centerline shortly after.
I worked in the warehouse for about 2 years & was sent to their packaging facility.
Then I had my first experience with the "job bank". After a few months I was sent to Detroit Axle.
So when my family & friends asked me "Why on earth would you take a transfer to Illinois? You'll lose all your in plant senority!", I've never had in plant senority so it didn't matter.
I certainly don't mind it here. It kinda reminds me of home. I'm originally a downriver rat...
tpt ford truck plant

United States

#25 Oct 12, 2007
i just dont understand tpts didnt know they would only work for 90 days, everybody at the mi.truck plant knew, because everyone asked off the top. when people sue a plant, that makes all the tpts look bad. if you would of just asked, come on now we all wanted to know if we were perm. from day one, anybody should know you dont get any job permenant the first day. just pray and believe in god. sometimes being in the wilderness is what we need. Deuteronomy 8:12
Phil

Converse, IN

#26 Oct 12, 2007
tpt at ford

your status and those at belvidere is completely different. They were hired to work fulltime but under a contract that lasts for up to 2 years. This contract was produced months after some were hired when another shift was started. But Belvidere tpts have worked fulltime all summer, maybe the same corporate wide.

“Only In My Jeeps”

I miss Michigan

#27 Oct 12, 2007
Unfortunately, the situation at the Belvidere Plant is slightly different. The part-timers (Friday - Monday) workers were forced to sign a contract stating that they would accept a two year temporary full time employment position. Still being a temporary position, but at full time (all week) status.
Now, the individuals that I know that have left to go back to old jobs and such were told by HR that they are welcome to revert back to the old Part time status at any time. Only a phone call was necessary.
It's an entire different animal than anyone from Detroit is use to. It's nothing different than what the contract stupervisors are use to, but it's a whole new world for the UAW/union worker.
Phil

Converse, IN

#28 Oct 12, 2007
JeepGirl too is correct but to add Belvidere has what is called ETEs and TPTs and yes all tpts were hired for fulltime hours for the summer, but I was referring to ETEs mostly.

“Only In My Jeeps”

I miss Michigan

#29 Oct 12, 2007
Yes. To clarify, there are multiple available employement opportunities within the company.
For those that might not be aware of all:

Full Time = Regular UAW full time employee at full pay.

ETE = Enhanced Temporary Employee - Only at BAP as far as I know. Two year (or less) contract with health/union benefits. Currently making $19/hr.

Part Timer = Works only Friday, Saturday, & Monday. Occassionally during the week if requested on a person to person basis.

TPT = 119 dayer, or vacation replacement for the summer. Works all week but only for 119 days.

(These are all union positions)
chryslerman

New Baltimore, MI

#30 Oct 12, 2007
I hope everyone understands what this contract will do to our future as union employees. If you care anything about your future, you will vote NO on it. They are already kicking theirselves at GM for accepting it. The reason we went on strike was to save 2300 jobs at Mopar, but all those jobs will be considered non-core and be $14 an hour paying jobs, were they worth striking over? No, they should of fought the two tier pay scale, it is going to eliminate 10,000 good jobs, and if we don't stand up now, we are all going to be non-core in the next contract. Lets stick together and let the bargaining committee know this is not acceptable and vote this horrible contract down.

“Only In My Jeeps”

I miss Michigan

#31 Oct 12, 2007
Can someone tell me the exact description of "non core"?
Am I right by thinking that it is any function that does not produce an end product?
Would that include ONLY assembly plants, or would axle, stamping, engine, & transmission plants be included also?
Would that also include repair personnel, inspectors, and the such (even at those above mentioned facilities)?
ram

AOL

#32 Oct 12, 2007
JeepGirl wrote:
Can someone tell me the exact description of "non core"?
Am I right by thinking that it is any function that does not produce an end product?
Would that include ONLY assembly plants, or would axle, stamping, engine, & transmission plants be included also?
Would that also include repair personnel, inspectors, and the such (even at those above mentioned facilities)?
I am under the impression it is all plants.. Depts affected.Inspection , GSO and Material to name a few. They are saying 11,000 jobs will be classified Non-core..considering there are roughly 48,000 of us , thats alot of jobs.
HRC

Saint Louis, MO

#33 Oct 12, 2007
pam wrote:
You go jeepgirl. We only need 2 shifts. Im voting yes no matter what.
Your a complete and total moron!!!! Do you care about your family cuz you obviously don't care about your future. How many brain cells have you lost with your good paint jobs? Absolutely unreal!I bet your husband was drinking ALOT of budweiser when he met you! Your a real catch!

Since: Feb 07

O'Fallon Mo

#34 Oct 12, 2007
everyone should vote no on this contract. if it was barely passed by gm then it cant be that good.

VOTE NO!!!!!!!!!!1
Belv Worker

Sun Prairie, WI

#35 Oct 13, 2007
Unlike GM, Chrysler didn't agree to make temporary workers now filling the third shift at its Belvidere, Illinois, car assembly plant permanent.
Granny

Madison, WI

#36 Oct 13, 2007
UAW reps and members, please consider your “little brothers and sisters” that have been working under the so called 2 year contract at Chrysler’s Belvidere Plant. From what we’ve heard and seen in the news, the ETEs have been forgotten. Many of these enhanced temporary employees were hired (by Chrysler not a temp service) with a possibility of becoming permanent. Then the third shift was started and they had to sign a new contract or shown the door. Their seniority is now based on the new contract date with the employees’ social security number as the tie breaker. This caused many of the ETEs to lose seniority to members hired weeks or months after them. Now we are reading that if they are hired in under the two tier program they will also have to take considerable pay cuts. They fulfilled their 90 days months ago. They have been working for 1 ½ years and are still not “permanent” employees.

On the uaw1268.com online forum, a temp employee asked why they have to pay union dues if they aren’t being represented. Here is the reply they received,“If you want to work on our union shop floor and work with us while we train you, you will pay our union their dues and thats it understand now. You dont want pay dues get out.”

Anyone can understand the hurt, frustration and anger of the response of the UAW member called “hoping”,“While YOU train US? Thats a pretty funny comment! Since I started as a "temp" I have trained at least half a dozen "permanent" employees . And more than a few permanents have said " No way, I'm not gonna do this job, it hurts my back, I'm just gonna go to medical so they move me"

ETEs are being treated like dirt by the company, other employees, and the UAW. I thought these were the types of issues that caused the union to be formed in the first place. If the rumors are true and the ETEs are really not addressed in the national contract, can there be an amendment to fix the contract before it is accepted?
Guest Granny

Madison, WI

#37 Oct 13, 2007
Sorry Granny in Pell Lake. I didn't know name was taken
Steve

Louisville, KY

#38 Oct 13, 2007
Granny wrote:
UAW reps and members, please consider your “little brothers and sisters” that have been working under the so called 2 year contract at Chrysler’s Belvidere Plant. From what we’ve heard and seen in the news, the ETEs have been forgotten. Many of these enhanced temporary employees were hired (by Chrysler not a temp service) with a possibility of becoming permanent. Then the third shift was started and they had to sign a new contract or shown the door. Their seniority is now based on the new contract date with the employees’ social security number as the tie breaker. This caused many of the ETEs to lose seniority to members hired weeks or months after them. Now we are reading that if they are hired in under the two tier program they will also have to take considerable pay cuts. They fulfilled their 90 days months ago. They have been working for 1 ½ years and are still not “permanent” employees.
On the uaw1268.com online forum, a temp employee asked why they have to pay union dues if they aren’t being represented. Here is the reply they received,“If you want to work on our union shop floor and work with us while we train you, you will pay our union their dues and thats it understand now. You dont want pay dues get out.”
Anyone can understand the hurt, frustration and anger of the response of the UAW member called “hoping”,“While YOU train US? Thats a pretty funny comment! Since I started as a "temp" I have trained at least half a dozen "permanent" employees . And more than a few permanents have said " No way, I'm not gonna do this job, it hurts my back, I'm just gonna go to medical so they move me"
ETEs are being treated like dirt by the company, other employees, and the UAW. I thought these were the types of issues that caused the union to be formed in the first place. If the rumors are true and the ETEs are really not addressed in the national contract, can there be an amendment to fix the contract before it is accepted?
Hey Granny, yeah I'm one of the ETE's at Belvidere. While I did get a "temp" position, there was always that tiny ray of hope it would turn permanent. But I have always been a wait and see type person. I personally have never been bad mouthed by others at the plant, but have heard plenty of it going around. MY CO-WORKERS around me are great people, some of the best are actually NY and Detroit transfers, we get along great. But I dont understand why someone would hold it against me for getting a job at Chrysler. Iam in my 40's with a wife and kids, the most I ever made before Chrysler was 12.60 an hour and I have been in factories for 25 yrs. Are these people that put us down saying that they would turn down a job that payed them 6.00 dollars an hour more? Anyway, by not hiring us 300 to 400 temps that tells me it may be the beginning of the end for us and the 3rd shift at BAP. Why would they hire us if they plan on cutting a shift? Remember thats just my opinion!
Granny

Madison, WI

#39 Oct 13, 2007
If Belvidere’s local reps did not bombard the national reps with concerns, there’s no wonder you were forgotten. ETE’s, you are not stupid. You had to have your high school diploma and pass numerous tests to be hired. If Belvidere is really the only plant with that stupid 2 year contract, get on your phones and computers and tell your story to the world. Don’t strike yet, just organize a peaceful demonstration (the UAW hall would be a good place) to get some news stories. Some of you could even car pool to Detroit when they are explaining it to the local reps so other UAW members could hear what is going on in Belvidere. Many UAW members have no clue what you are going through.

Don’t give up! Some ETEs are being treated like dirt by the company, other employees, and the UAW. I thought these were the types of issues that caused the union to be formed in the first place. Start NOW! If the rumors are true and the ETEs are really not addressed in the national contract, try to get the word out so an amendment could be added to fix the contract before it is accepted by the local reps. Call and email as many contacts as you can possibly think of. Some UAW siblings may remember what it was like in the early years and be willing to help. Make sure you let them know you finished your 120 days months ago.
StLouisSouth

United States

#40 Oct 13, 2007
You guys are missing the point completly. The bottom line is the the Big Three are not the big dogs in the auto market these days. Their backs are against the wall and their balls are in the dirt. They are losing money like there is no tomorrow. The UAW has lost over half of it's members over the last few years. The only thing that will stop this downward spiral is better sales. Job security will only happen through greater demand for our products. The American public are just flat not buying our products.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chrysler Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MEMORIAL DAY off possibility? 35 min prettyinTNAP 1
chrysler hiring process FAQ for new applicants. (Jun '12) 1 hr DonteDetroit 15,577
March 17th apps for Toledo 1 hr Chryslerwaiting 104
News CEO to reveal 5-year strategy in early 2014; ke... (Nov '13) 3 hr Dodge Brothers 16
vacation 3 hr TheProfessor 2
paa days 3 hr TheProfessor 2
Laura Hagel SSP 4 hr SSP123 3
Proposal for seniority in contract 6 hr BBC 108
More from around the web