Profit Sharing
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Uninformed

Toledo, OH

#1 Jan 14, 2013
Aside from the other profit sharing post I needed to add my own bc all they do is argue over nothing....i will have my seniority in a week and I'm trying to find out if I will even get profit sharing regardless if it's $1500 or 6k...
Uninformed

Toledo, OH

#2 Jan 14, 2013
Or less or higher just want to know who qualifies for it?
ResDcc

Freeport, IL

#3 Jan 14, 2013
You need 1870ish hours to qualify for a full cut of the profit sharing. If you have less than that you will get a partial check. I am not sure if there is a cut off. I would guess maybe around 700 hours which would be under 26 weeks? Not 100% sure. So if your just getting seniority, I doubt you will have enough hours to get much, if anything.
Proof

La Grange, IL

#4 Jan 14, 2013
Sorry uninformed since you wasn't a employee for the 2012 year you don't qualify for the 2012 profit sharing even tho its paid this year. Hopefully we have another good year & you get to enjoy it next year.
Plumage45

United States

#5 Jan 14, 2013
What they say is true, maybe next year
j evans

Fairfax, VA

#6 Jan 14, 2013
Uninformed wrote:
Or less or higher just want to know who qualifies for it?
u don't deserve a profit sharing check u might be getting laid off by the summer anyway, u freaking two tier get on my nerves all yall do is worry about bonus checks, stop smoking crack and save your paychecks
Bull

Madison Heights, MI

#7 Jan 14, 2013
j evans wrote:
<quoted text> u don't deserve a profit sharing check u might be getting laid off by the summer anyway, u freaking two tier get on my nerves all yall do is worry about bonus checks, stop smoking crack and save your paychecks
that's not all we do. He asked a question because he's new and wanted to know. Why not be helpful and try to give knowledge? If you don't want to answer shut the fuck up and keep the bullshit to yourself. I respect tier 1's because they paved the way for us but we are the future and we deserve respect too.
Uninformed

Breckenridge, CO

#8 Jan 14, 2013
Thanx for all the respectful responses....simple questions deserve simple answers I overlook ignorance and stupidity!!
g

United States

#9 Jan 14, 2013
Uninformed wrote:
Thanx for all the respectful responses....simple questions deserve simple answers I overlook ignorance and stupidity!!
No you won't get one if you do it will only go by the hours u worked as a full time so you prob had 2 months of hours you may get $100
Yep

Huntington, IN

#10 Jan 14, 2013
j evans wrote:
<quoted text> u don't deserve a profit sharing check u might be getting laid off by the summer anyway, u freaking two tier get on my nerves all yall do is worry about bonus checks, stop smoking crack and save your paychecks
A lot of new hires are coming off a long period of unemployment. Why wouldnt they try to find out if they are eligible? It would be ignorant not to. If you dont need a profit sharing check then good for you, why be a dick to ppl that could really use one? To those new you need 1850 hours and I dont know what the cutoff is as far as the minimum hours needed for the lowest prorated amount. I have heard from what has been a pretty reliable source on other issues that the amount of the full payout will be in the neighborhood of 3k. But I am not claiming to know for sure
uaw joe

Akron, OH

#12 Jan 15, 2013
Two tier shouldn't Even be a question, I don't know about u retard but we lost friends And family when the uaw let the plants close, now they letting all these people replace them making Half the wage. We want the people who gave their jobs away because Of lies to get those profit Sharing Checks. Not two tier Scabs
the truth

Battle Creek, MI

#15 Jan 15, 2013
Pinky wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of tier 1 are just greedy. They have family that got them into Chrysler and the family takes care of them. I wish I was born with a silver spoon in my mouth. I have to work my but off because I don't have the special privileges that many of the tier 1 have.
Greedy? Hell yeah. You would be too. Yes we make more than you. And yes many knew someone to get into Chrysler. But most didn't. There was a hiring boom in the mid 90's just like now. Many filled out applications, took tests, drug tests. Just like you guys did. Once you get the job, there are no special privileges. Once you get the job, the ones who got you there, can't help you. Our pay is based on the national agreement. Not on special privileges. We simply have more years than tier 2. It's nothing more than that. We are adults with families. We have bills, mortgages, just like you. That's too bad that you think we all have family or whoever to help us. Glad you can overgenralize about tier 1's having family members with money. Sad that you can't look in the mirror and realize its your problem and you got yourself in whatever situation you are in. Hilarious you want to blame others for your problems. What we have had is years with a decent paying job. Tier 2's haven't had a chance to save much yet. It takes time to save money. Your pay will increase, ours will go down. So things will even out a bit in the future. Stop whining and being jealous. Does no good.
the truth

Battle Creek, MI

#18 Jan 15, 2013
Pinky wrote:
<quoted text>
Tier 1 is just greedy! They need to share their wealth. Pay your dues tier 1!
What dues? You knew what you were getting into. Not sure how whining is going to help. Make your money, pay your bills,save as much as you can. It's pretty simple.
uaw joe

Akron, OH

#20 Jan 15, 2013
U should He the first tonnes out, u should have to pay union dues tier 1 has been doing it for years, now shut up and work hard and Mabey u will get a bonus checks
Booga King

Fairfax, VA

#21 Jan 15, 2013
Pinky wrote:
<quoted text>
Union dues. Tier 1 should not have to pay union dues because they make less money and it is hard to live on so much less. Tier 1 do not understand the pain of trying to support a family on so little. Then I should be saving too because soon as sales drop tier 2 is out the door and the union will do nothing to help tier 2 so we should not waste money.
Did you misunderstand your hired in wage and the wage progression? It sounds like you did and maybe need to quit and go find another job that fits your needs. Ok ? Bye
Roger10

United States

#23 Jan 15, 2013
Share the wealth, nice ghetto philosophy
Enough Already

Fort Wayne, IN

#29 Jan 16, 2013
Its nice we use this website to air the civil war between the tiers. Tier 2s need to stop complaining they make less money...have you ever worked anywhere that EVERYONE made the same amount of money? I seriously doubt it, people who have worked there the longest always make more money. Tier 1s need to stop saying every tier 2 is just a lazy greedy bastard. Tier 1s pretty much can control if a new hire make the 90 days or not. When you get new people don't baby them, test them hard. I don't know how many new hires got their ass wiped for them, then once they have the 90 in we realize the suck and cant do any of the jobs within cycle time or just whine about being sore. I do feel bad for the tier 2s that worked at my plant for 10 years making $25hr only to finally be offered full time at $14hr, union should have never let it happen. But i have noticed they are a lot harder workers then the rest of the new hires because tpts got treated like whores on dollar day everyday. Some of these new people have no sense of loss or the struggle its just give me give me give me. Its our job as the senior employees that when the tier 2s start complaining, to educate them on just how good they have it compared to the hell other went through before them and in time the money will come. Regardless of tier we do have the same goal.
Willy

Chicago, IL

#31 Jan 16, 2013
I love hearing tier 1 cry and tier 2 cry everybody just work and be happy you have a job tier 1 people think the world owes them something cuz they have seniority well who cares what you have and tier 2 your time will come so enjoy a full time job at 16 or 17 an hour or go find another that won't pay you half of what you get now.
Yep

Huntington, IN

#32 Jan 16, 2013
uaw joe wrote:
Two tier shouldn't Even be a question, I don't know about u retard but we lost friends And family when the uaw let the plants close, now they letting all these people replace them making Half the wage. We want the people who gave their jobs away because Of lies to get those profit Sharing Checks. Not two tier Scabs
Are you retarded? First of all the reason there is even a Tier 2 is because the union allowed it and I am guessing you were part of the majority that didn't give a shit because it didnt affect you, even though if union members b4 you did the same thing you would have been screwed.Two, we were not told anything about replacing anyone. Heck I was told I'd probably be making tier 1 wages within 6 mo because of all the new hiring they were doing. And lastly after 18 months of being unemployed when I had never made less than 65k a year I wasnt turning down any full-time job.So don't vote in Tier 2 then bitch. Pay em outta ur check if u feel so bad. Bet that'll happen right?
Yep

Huntington, IN

#33 Jan 16, 2013
There is so much B.S. in these rooms someone needs to open a window. 95% of any post that is actually on topic is so self-serving and transparently so that it is laughable. So people can stow the solidarity speeches or facade about how dedicated they are to the old-timers that lost their jobs. You guys saved your own ass by allowing the cuts and the tier 2 wages.I don't really know if you had options or werent given the right information or simply caved and I dont really care. You did what you thought was best for you and your family. Tier 2 of course wants to do want is best for them and their familes. Everybody will be out for themselves come contract time, if that even matters as we will see what right-to-work means for collective bargaining power.And while I'd love everyone to have a job and be millionaires and hold hands skipping down the street singing "Kumbayah" I will be doing whats best for me first and then seeing what I can do for others and so will everyone else so enough with the B.S.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chrysler Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Caravan gets mo money 1 hr Shaniwua 1
Labor market placement 5 hr daillest 2
Belv, TNAP down 4-7 months 2017 retooling 6 hr Nope 4
If Ram is going to SHAP then... 8 hr Shapman 5
Trump For President 9 hr Magnum Force 5
Dundee in a mess 9 hr Crime Wave 42
10 amp fuse blows when in reverse 13 hr Simon Carr 4
More from around the web