It's not pretty for future retirees.
really

Chicago, IL

#2 Jun 17, 2012
Or current retirees.
Booger King

United States

#4 Jun 17, 2012
Sergio was asked why he didn't consider pension buyouts like GM had done he said he felt it was not necessary as Chrysler fund was not in the situation GM was. The VEBA just announced more give backs to retirees on dental and vision. The pension fund at any company are never fully funded. So give it a rest.
peej

Temperance, MI

#7 Jun 18, 2012
I sure wish I was going to be 65 that way I would be closer to death and I wouldn’t have to spend all my time on this site using different names trying to convince everyone the sky is falling, sad sad sad the grim reaper is right around the corner
factory guy

Roseville, MI

#9 Jun 18, 2012
RETIRED wrote:
<quoted text>If Ford and GM are doing it, Chrysler will do it in a matter of time, it's called to ''COMPETE''.
Hey you know the pension fund is under funded don't know how much but I think i seen on here somewhere.
Intheknow

Chicago, IL

#12 Jun 18, 2012
RETIRED wrote:
<quoted text>over $6 billion and counting
You are a loser. Go find a hobby. You worked your time and are getting what your due. No one has a crystal ball and can see the future. Anyone can say anything will happen...We'll never know till the time comes. Why worry yourself about it...Who gives a f#@&.
Dragonbreath

Kokomo, IN

#14 Jun 18, 2012
RETIRED wrote:
<quoted text>i'm not worried about it but you should be
Your not worried about it?
Dragonbreath

Kokomo, IN

#15 Jun 18, 2012
Then why do you keep posting your worry..(*-_-*)
Dragonbreath

Kokomo, IN

#16 Jun 19, 2012
Seems there are some like PETE who are just here to instigate chit, while other's have very insightful things to say. The future is now, not yesterday, wake up and support the positive.These young t/2's are your future. depends on it,,,,Says Wifey (\*-*/)
Dragonbreath

Kokomo, IN

#18 Jun 19, 2012
RETIRED wrote:
<quoted text>to WARN
Thats fine then, but you understand, that some will have to work till they drop, I am in that class, and I am supporting your cause...
Dragonbreath

Kokomo, IN

#20 Jun 19, 2012
Time to stop hitting the snooz buton....
The Truth

Macomb, MI

#22 Jun 20, 2012
RETIRED wrote:
!!!!!!!!! News break !!!!!!!!!! NEWS BREAK !!!!!!!!!! PENSIONS ARE HISTORY
News Break, no the aren't
The Truth

Macomb, MI

#23 Jun 20, 2012
In a bad economy, business can take from it's workforce, in a good economy, Pensions will be a way to entice employees to stay with a company, just saying, the sky isn't falling buddy, get a life
Booger King

United States

#25 Jun 21, 2012
GM has nothing to do with Chrysler on Pension n Veba. The Big 3 s contracts are completely different also. No more pattern bargaining per say.
Intheknow

Davis Junction, IL

#30 Jun 22, 2012
RETIRED wrote:
<quoted text>read the articles in the Detroit News on G.M. first the salary then hourly, and then Chrysler will follow to be competitive also. It's coming by 2015.
GM is offering a buy out to the salary retired employees. It's an option you moron.
The Truth

Macomb, MI

#35 Jun 23, 2012
RETIRED wrote:
<quoted text>that's management and their pensions are a lot higher than the union, dream on.
Management doesn't have anyone fighting for them, we do, UAW baby, they can't just arbitrary slap whatever they want on the union workers like they did to management, just saying, retard
The Truth

Macomb, MI

#37 Jun 23, 2012
RETIRED wrote:
<quoted text>At the last contract the UAW said they will discuss the buyout of pensions, do you remember VEBA and the job bank, well when the union discusses things it usually comes true. Don't be so damm stupid or naive to think pensions are going to stay without some changes ( like pension credit freeze ) All the company has to do is not put money in the fund ( which is happening right now ) and let it get low where the PBGC will take it over.
If it happens it happens, that's why you should save money before retirement and also fund a 401K plan, max it out and enjoy your retirement when you do retire, like i will, i will not be a miserable old fart like you, just saying, I'm gonna be just fine, thank you very much, Chrysler nor the union will change my retirement, i've taken care of everything before hand, cha ching
crazy canuck

Ottawa, Canada

#42 Jun 26, 2012
In case anyone has noticed, the entire global financial system is on the verge of collapse. The only thing that will save any of us or the company's pension plans is to invest heavily in physical gold and silver. Keynesian economic policies, the elimination of the gold standard, and the deregulation of the banking industry has bankrupted us all. We don't hold money in our accounts and pension plans, we hold debt. Unfortunately, the debt levels have reached unsustainable levels. We are already in a 2nd Great Depression that will dwarf the 1st one, because of corrupt politicians and unmitigated corporate greed. Good luck to us all.
Tipton Man

Tipton, IN

#46 Jul 14, 2012
RETIRED wrote:
future retirees pension ====0 ---- VEBA====0
Chrysler's CHICKEN LITTLE blowass is back on again with his same old tired assed message. What's a matter dickhead, forget how to spell seven billion now?????
the man

Oregon, OH

#47 Jul 14, 2012
RETIRED wrote:
future retirees pension ====0 ---- VEBA====0
I see you have'nt investigated anything . and beleive what you dont about,you cannot predict the future,plus you don't know what you're talking about.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chrysler Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2015 Profit sharing 1 hr Sergio Jr 11
Seniority transfer proposal 2 hr shapster 44
shap shap rumors (Oct '11) 3 hr Tier 2 1,222
tpt sucks 4 hr wtap1989 28
Kokomo Chrysler Hiring News ? (Jan '12) 6 hr Dave 2,678
uaw trying to shut down this site 9 hr shrock 8
october 8th applicants 20 hr Insider 2
More from around the web