Chrysler Town and Country front evapo...
sambag1680

Matthews, NC

#102 Aug 2, 2012
Flying dutchman wrote:
Good everyone,
After looking for information on a a/c problem on my town and country i found alot of questions concerning replacing it. This way i would like to find out if anybody would like some information on how to replace it since i just finished doing it this weekend. It was "interesting to say the least.
F.D.
Please help Flying dutchman. I have a 2000 town and country with the same problem, and i need to fix it but can't afford a mechanic. Please if you could send me some pics and instructions on how to do it my self that would be much appreciated.
sambag1680

Matthews, NC

#103 Aug 2, 2012
Flying dutchman wrote:
Good day all,
I'm sorry for the slow response but i'll have tpo blame that on the website. It's supposed to send me email alerts whenever there is a post....right.
So much for that. I'll be sending out an email to all emails listed in here so if you havent listed one please do so to get a reply. It will make it easier to get all the information out.
Thanks.
P.S. if you find any spelling errors then you can blame that on me being dutch...there you have it.
Me.
Please any information with pictures on how to replace the front evaporator core would be much appreciated. Its a 2000 Town & Country lxi 3.8
[email protected]
Bill L

Seattle, WA

#104 Aug 6, 2012
Flying dutchman wrote:
Yes there is alot that has to be taken apart but that will save you 800 bucks. The part you can get at napa for 150 bucks and it comes with o-rings. Just get the valve which it hooks up to andsome a/c oil. If you want i can send you some pictures to show you what it looks like doing this job. And if you decide to do it i could give you some advice on hidden screws and such.
We have a 2002 Chrysler Town and Country LXi. While the AC was on I was getting leaks of a bright green liquid (oil+leak detector?)near where the evaporator tube goes into the firewall-- next to the cabin air filter. If it's the O-rings, would I be able to replace them from the engine side of the firewall or would this require extracting the evaporator core? Do you have step-by-step instructions for this job. Anything you could send would be appreciated.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#105 Sep 2, 2012
Flying dutchman wrote:
Good everyone,
After looking for information on a a/c problem on my town and country i found alot of questions concerning replacing it. This way i would like to find out if anybody would like some information on how to replace it since i just finished doing it this weekend. It was "interesting to say the least.
F.D.
please send info and pics about this ac evaporator replacement work. like all t&c owners we have to eventually have this done. thanks very much. my email is [email protected]
kemnent

Pottstown, PA

#106 Sep 2, 2012
Flying dutchman wrote:
Good everyone,
F.D.
Flying dutchman or whom ever can help me out.
Seems like a lot of internal front evap leaks--I used a leak detector and appears my 2000 t&c is leaking bad -dumps out in about 2 hours--If still available please send me instructions and pictures also
thanks so much.

[email protected]
mrthduty

El Reno, OK

#107 Sep 20, 2012
i have a 1998 tand c.i have changed computers and another part it startede for 45 seconds and deid it did it n4or 5 times then wont do any thing so i put my old parts back on and still will not turnover my lights inside blink what can i do the dealer whated 900 to start and sayed it maybe more a money pit .does any one know how to bypass the alarm mode thanks
Aguilak

Torrejón De Ardoz, Spain

#108 Apr 1, 2013
Flying dutchman wrote:
Good everyone,
F.D.
Flying dutchman would love to get the information and pictures on how to replace the ac evaporator core. Send to [email protected]
Thank you
Edward

Richmond, VA

#109 Apr 13, 2013
Have same A/C issues as all the others above. Would like to get instructions and pictures you mentioned.
Angela

United States

#110 May 23, 2013
We have a 2008 T&C, it blows hot air & last summer we brought it in & had it recharged. After about 3 days, it was blowing hot again. Our heat works fine. Could we possibly have the same issues as the others? Any help/info/pics/instructions would be great! Thanks! [email protected]
lori

Lake Worth, FL

#111 May 25, 2013
i have the same problem with my chrysler van.... please send me info on what to do to ger the dash off
lori

Lake Worth, FL

#112 May 25, 2013
send info to [email protected]
dan

United States

#113 Jun 1, 2013
Flying dutchman wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes there is alot that has to be taken apart but that will save you 800 bucks. The part you can get at napa for 150 bucks and it comes with o-rings. Just get the valve which it hooks up to andsome a/c oil. If you want i can send you some pictures to show you what it looks like doing this job. And if you decide to do it i could give you some advice on hidden screws and such.
I've 2005 Town and Country that is making a hissing noise when air comes on I think my vibrator is going bad can you please give me some advice
Teresa

Parsippany, NJ

#114 Jun 4, 2013
Hi Flying Dutchman I have a 2006 Town and Country with the same problem. I took it to a mechanic and was quoted $2600 to replace it. ugghhh could you please send me info and pics so I can see if my husband can fix it.. thank you so much... [email protected]
Xavier

United States

#115 Jun 13, 2013
Hello. Flying Dutchman or anyone. Can anyone here send me the instructions to change the evap core on 2001 caravan please.Serbs to [email protected] thank you so much.
Xavier

United States

#116 Jun 13, 2013
Hello flying Dutchman  or anyone else that is able to help me. I need the instructions on how to replace the evaporator core on the caravan. this will be at of really great help thank you so much. my email address is [email protected] again thank you and I hope to receive the pictures and the instructions soon.
JimW

Mount Clemens, MI

#118 Jun 17, 2013
Please forward the instructions and pictures I have a 2002 Chrysler T&C. How long from start to finish? Do you recommend replacing any other parts while the dash is removed? Seems Chrysler could improve the quality of the evap core.
JimW

Mount Clemens, MI

#119 Jun 17, 2013
Ahhh, [email protected]
bryan

Lynn, MA

#120 Jun 17, 2013
I need to replace the Evap on my 04, please send pics to [email protected] Thanks
azure

Davenport, IA

#121 Jul 5, 2013
Flying dutchman wrote:
Btw it was a 1999 model.
do you still have info on replacing evaperator on town and country van? i would appreciate that. [email protected]
thebanditone

King George, VA

#122 Jul 9, 2013
Flying dutchman wrote:
Good day all,
I'm sorry for the slow response but i'll have tpo blame that on the website. It's supposed to send me email alerts whenever there is a post....right.
So much for that. I'll be sending out an email to all emails listed in here so if you havent listed one please do so to get a reply. It will make it easier to get all the information out.
Thanks.
P.S. if you find any spelling errors then you can blame that on me being dutch...there you have it.
Me.
Can you send me what ever info you have on the Evaporator Core? I have a 99 T&C 3.8 and believe I just found mine has sprung a leak. Will get a UV light to make sure but today I heard a noise from it sounding like pressure equaling out but shortly after I found the line pressure was gone. Was not looking forward to having to deal with this. I believe this is going to turn out to be a days work.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chrysler Town & Country Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Report: Chrysler Dealers Repairing Warped V-6 C... (Aug '12) Jul '15 john 11
just quit going down the road and want restart Jul '15 darrell 1
1998 Chrysler Town and Country (Aug '07) Jun '15 Trevor 277
News Chrysler Town & Country and Dodge Grand Caravan... (Nov '07) May '15 Matt H 41
2002 Town & Country LXi Shuts Down Abruptly (Mar '14) Jan '15 Kent 2
News Chrysler To Follow Trend, Add Direct Injection ... (Dec '14) Dec '14 Tom Polcari 1
98 town and country won't start (Oct '14) Nov '14 foxtrot70 2
More from around the web