Chrysler Town and Country front evapo...

Chrysler Town and Country front evaporator core replacement

Posted in the Chrysler Town & Country Forum

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Flying dutchman

Lombard, IL

#1 Apr 13, 2010
Good everyone,

After looking for information on a a/c problem on my town and country i found alot of questions concerning replacing it. This way i would like to find out if anybody would like some information on how to replace it since i just finished doing it this weekend. It was "interesting to say the least.

F.D.
Flying dutchman

Lombard, IL

#2 Apr 13, 2010
Btw it was a 1999 model.
TnC_Owner

Pelham, AL

#3 Apr 25, 2010
I would love to know how to get to the front evaporator. Someone told me I would have to take apart the complete dashboard and a lot more just to get to it. I'm hoping that is not the case. Though I did not find the back one easy to get to either.
Flying dutchman

Lombard, IL

#4 Apr 27, 2010
Yes there is alot that has to be taken apart but that will save you 800 bucks. The part you can get at napa for 150 bucks and it comes with o-rings. Just get the valve which it hooks up to andsome a/c oil. If you want i can send you some pictures to show you what it looks like doing this job. And if you decide to do it i could give you some advice on hidden screws and such.
Flying dutchman

Lombard, IL

#5 Apr 29, 2010
TnC_Owner wrote:
I would love to know how to get to the front evaporator. Someone told me I would have to take apart the complete dashboard and a lot more just to get to it. I'm hoping that is not the case. Though I did not find the back one easy to get to either.
Yes there is alot that has to be taken apart but that will save you 800 bucks. The part you can get at napa for 150 bucks and it comes with o-rings. Just get the valve which it hooks up to andsome a/c oil. If you want i can send you some pictures to show you what it looks like doing this job. And if you decide to do it i could give you some advice on hidden screws and such.
dan

Jefferson, GA

#6 Jun 9, 2010
flying dutchman i have the same problem tnc_owner has.. with the front evaporator please send some pics thanks....
Edetco

Lisbon, MD

#7 Jun 12, 2010
flying dutchman my front evaporator is not working. please send me pics and instruction.. a million thanks
dlmc007

Carlisle, PA

#8 Jun 16, 2010
Flying dutchman, I need to replace mine as well. would like to receive any advice and pics and instructions that you could send me. dlmc007@yahoo.com
mgaidry

United States

#9 Jun 25, 2010
Flying dutchman wrote:
Good everyone,
After looking for information on a a/c problem on my town and country i found alot of questions concerning replacing it. This way i would like to find out if anybody would like some information on how to replace it since i just finished doing it this weekend. It was "interesting to say the least.
F.D.
Yes, need as much information as I can get. Cannot afford mechanic
mgaidry

United States

#10 Jun 25, 2010
I was quoted $1,500 to replace evaporator core and was also told I should replace heater core at the same time because I have 200,00 miles on my 2005 T&C minivan. Love the van but cannot afford to fix AC by mechanic's. Need good instructions.
Shanda

Joelton, TN

#11 Jun 25, 2010
Flying Dutchman, Please send me the info to replace the evaporator core. I have a 2001 Town & Country and was just quoted $1800 to have it fixed. The mechanic told me it's a good idea t replace the dryer for the evaporating system also. My email is e.rucker@comcast.net
Dodge Caravan Guy

New York, NY

#12 Jul 6, 2010
Flying dutchman wrote:
Could you please send me the Front evaporator replacement instructions & pictures as well? I was quoted $1200, but how do I test to make sure this is the only leak on my 2001 Caravan? my email is lake@dundee.net Thank You
Peter

Orlando, FL

#13 Jul 17, 2010
Flying dutchman wrote:
<quoted text>
Good mornig,

I have the same problem and would like to do it myself. Can you sand me any info and pics how to do it? my eMail: cmawine@gmail.com
many thanks and have a nice day
Peter
Susie

Salem, OH

#15 Jul 22, 2010
Flying dutchman wrote:
Just found this line of posts. I have the same problem and can't afford the bill either. Have a 2001 Chrysler Town and Country and need my husband to try and fix it. We are looking for instructions on how to do it. Please send pics and advice. Thanks!!! susie@LittleReadersUSA.com
bullwinkle

United States

#16 Jul 23, 2010
Flying dutchman wrote:
Good everyone,
F.D.
Starting this project this weekend, any information to make it go smother will help. Thanks in advance
tony

Bangor, ME

#17 Jul 28, 2010
flying dutchman,

i have the same problem with a 1999 T/C. I need to replace the a/c evaporator.

could you sent me instructions and photos?

also, on a scale of 1-10, how difficult would you rate this job for a do-it-yourselfer.

thanks.

budsher45@gmail.com
samunit1

Old Saybrook, CT

#18 Jul 28, 2010
Flying dutchman wrote:
Would appreciate a copy of Pics and Instructions as well, same problem on 2002 Chrys T & C

ctfh@snet.net
Mark

Madison, WI

#19 Jul 30, 2010
Just was quoted $1,812 for a evaporator core replacement. Would love to get a hold of the pictures and instructions if still available. Thanks,

Mark
mark.lindloff@gmail.com

Since: Jul 10

Granite City, IL

#20 Jul 30, 2010
Flying Dutchman or anyone who has received the pictures and instructions on how to replace the evap core. I have a 2002 Chrysler Town and Country and under the dash on passenger side I heard a very prevalent hissing as sounding like something was leaking then A/C stopped working. Could I please have the instructions and photos for replacement of this. My email is "casey4062@aol.com". Thanks in advance sooo much. It has been 90 plus degrees for last month.
woods

Fresno, CA

#21 Aug 3, 2010
Believe my is dead also, hissing and not cooling properly. would love some info... churchlaptop@aol.com

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chrysler Town & Country Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Chrysler Town & Country and Dodge Grand Caravan... (Nov '07) May 2 Matt H 41
1998 Chrysler Town and Country (Aug '07) Feb '15 Mike51 273
2002 Town & Country LXi Shuts Down Abruptly (Mar '14) Jan '15 Kent 2
News Chrysler To Follow Trend, Add Direct Injection ... Dec '14 Tom Polcari 1
98 town and country won't start (Oct '14) Nov '14 foxtrot70 2
News Chrysler Group to recall minivans to fix air bags (May '07) Oct '14 thesignman 46
broken dip stick in 2005 town and country (Jul '10) Sep '14 Dee Van 4
More from around the web