water leak on passenger floor
Shir

Lafayette, LA

#21 Jan 31, 2008
jim wrote:
<quoted text>
Under each side of the frame of your car there are small holes (several)where the rain water is supposed to drain. Do what I do and find a garage with a motorized rack/lift and offer them $10 to lift your car up on the rack. Have a hanger with you from your closet (unpainted)and unravel it and use it to stick up into each of these holes to clean them out. Takes 5-10 minutes. This will remove stuff (e.g., from trees usually)that blocks the draining. You will often see water drain as you do this if it is clogged. Probably needs done twice a yaer --or wait until you have water on the floor.
thank you
Jennifer

AOL

#22 Feb 2, 2008
I just bought a 2000 Sebring Convertable and it was parked in the driveway all night long and when I went to go some where I found a lot of water on the drivers side floor and the passenger side floor. Please help, I love my car.
Milana

New York, NY

#23 Mar 9, 2008
I have a 2000 Jetta and have the same problem. The water seems to collect in the back passenger floor (only on the right side). I have a temporary solution. I soak up the water with a towel and then open my windows to let it air dry. I will however try the "drain holes" tip that everyone seems to trace the problem to the next time I see my mechanic.

Thnk you!
Juan

Durham, NH

#24 Mar 30, 2008
Hi folks, I would like to know where the body drain hole(s) is/are. I take the car to garage and showed them what the guy suggested here, but they said they could not find holes. They cleaned door drains and there is still water when it rains. Can anyone let me know where the holes are and what other possibilities are! Thank you so much!
Juan

Durham, NH

#25 Mar 30, 2008
are draining holes on the rocker panel? my rocker panel is coated and with only several hit, the coat started to fall off. Does this affect it?
Anthony

Rochester, MI

#26 Apr 7, 2008
I have a 93 buick skylark, I get leaks on the floor on the driver side and passenger side, the leaks look like there coming in from the bottom, cuz i checked for runnings of water and i couldn't find any. If anyone can help me i'll appreciate it.
CYNTHIA

Buffalo, NY

#27 Apr 14, 2008
HEY, I JUST BOUGHT A DODGE CALIBER/07, I WOKE UP TO FROST ONTHIS WONDERFUL SPRING DAY...LOL. MY CAR IS DRENCHED WITH WATER ON THE FRONT PASSENGER FLOOR SIDE, AFTER READING ALL OF UR COMMENTS, I C THAT IT IS NOT RARE, HOWEVER THE CAR HAS BARELY 13000 MILES. DOES THIS HAPPEN FOR A REASON? IS IT A MANUFACTURE'S MALFUNCTION.AS NERVOUS AS I WAS SIGNING ON THE DDOTTED LINE FOR THE LOAN, NOW I AM MORE THAN NERVOUS, AND HOPING THAT I DIDNT GET TAKEN FOR A RIDE BY THE DODGE DEALER IN MY TOWN! HELP!!!!!!!!!PLZ
Paula

London, UK

#28 Apr 16, 2008
I was searching for a cheap alternative to fix a Ford Focus that gets a bunch of water in from rain/snowfall. I had a similar problem with a 2003 VW Jetta about 2 yrs ago plus mould growing under the rear seats. Problem was I used to park the car under a couple of cedar trees in my driveway. Dealership said that all the drains were clogged from the tiny particles that fell from the tree. Also had water in the trunk, said the plug was missing.$800. later they had it sorted out. Stay away from tree debries on your car!
Annie

Croydon, PA

#29 May 8, 2008
Jenny wrote:
My 2002 Ford Focus is doing the same thing!
My ford focus is doing the same thing - Did you find out what the problem is??

Annie
Heidi

Dallas, TX

#30 May 8, 2008
PLEASE READ-SAFETY ISSUE!!!!
Get your cars checked asap if you have water on the floorboard. The airbag senor is located under passenger seat on floorboard. The water can cause a airbage malfunction. It happened to my son's 96 Grand AM. Driver airbag deployed while driving for no apparent reason and passenger went off at startup of car without even moving. Inspector found water on floorboard which caused senor corrosion. Don't know where water is coming from. Potential serious accident and injury could result from unexpected airbag explosion while driving.
FloodedFloor

Nashville, TN

#31 May 13, 2008
I don't have loads to contribute here except for a 'me too' for Toyota Camry owners. I have had water in the rear passenger floor before. My car has no sunroof, which seems to be the first thing people tell me would likely cause that kind of thing. I plan to try hunting the drain holes in the frame to see if they're clogged. Nothing else is wet (no other floor area, no seat...). There are also 2 plastic hoses that end under the front passenger seat, and I wondered if those might be involved? There's a ridge between the front and rear passenger areas so the water is only in that one quadrant, and if the hoses leaked water then that quadrant is where it would be. I don't know what the hoses are for though, and if they're AC related then they might not be the culprit, b/c condensation I don't think could bring in this much water.
I also wondered if anyone literate in cars could explain where the water really comes from? What cavities does water get into that then lead to these frameholes, and how area they connected to the inside of the car? Just bolt-holes or the like? Because it seems like enough water that there would need to be some direct channel to where I see the mess, or a bolt/screw connection between my floorboard and a cavity that is totally flooded...
Thankyoujim

Newark, DE

#32 May 18, 2008
jim wrote:
<quoted text>
Under each side of the frame of your car there are small holes (several)where the rain water is supposed to drain. Do what I do and find a garage with a motorized rack/lift and offer them $10 to lift your car up on the rack. Have a hanger with you from your closet (unpainted)and unravel it and use it to stick up into each of these holes to clean them out. Takes 5-10 minutes. This will remove stuff (e.g., from trees usually)that blocks the draining. You will often see water drain as you do this if it is clogged. Probably needs done twice a yaer --or wait until you have water on the floor.
Thanks jim! my car has been doing this for a week now! now its all out!
Julie

United States

#33 Jun 16, 2008
Bonne wrote:
<quoted text>
I have the same problem with my 1999 Sebring as well. I'm trying everything I can think of to figure out where it is coming from. HELP!!!!!!!!!!
Are you getting any water in the door speakers? I have tracked my water leak down to the door seals. I am trying liquid silacon on the seals if that doesn't work I will have to replace them. Good Luck!!
Charleston

Grand Rapids, MI

#34 Jul 24, 2008
I have the same stuff just happen now like 3 days ago got water on the back and underneat the passenger side seat of my 05 camry, what can I do to prevent those water what are the causes, how can i stop it? let me know thanks..
crystal

AOL

#35 Aug 5, 2008
My '99 Jetta Wolfsburg use to just leak in the passenger side floor board, well now it pours water. I'm getting a leak in the back seat behind driver side now and when I have a/c on it trickles a small amount onto my foot as I drive. ARGHHHH! I have talked to atleast 15 people who have had the same problem yet no answer as to what could be wrong. I know of some people who had their Jetta's looked at but still a problem. I have called around to diff. VW service techs knowing that they get these type of calls all the time because it is a FACT that everyone has this problem with Jettas and I get the a/c drain is clogged and yet another service tech will say no it's a leak in the sunroof drain, or no it's the heating core. I called the VW service number and they acted like they had no idea what could be wrong. I am fustrated and I do not make tons of money so as i can service tech hop to pin point what is wrong. VW should put a post up on the net the exact cause for this problem so as people do not have to pay all kinds of money to be told it's one thing and then down the road have to pay more money to have it looked at again.
ned

Houston, TX

#36 Aug 7, 2008
Water leaking below the front floor - Toyota Camry 2000 - Toyota ...
ned

Houston, TX

#37 Aug 7, 2008
i have a water leaking below the front floor in the passenger side on my 2000 camry
lease help thank you

Since: Aug 08

Warren, MI

#38 Aug 9, 2008
For those Sebring convertible owners, and perhaps others, don't overlook the possibility that water on the passenger floor is coming from a clogged or broken drain from the "condensate collector box", a black plastic reservoir just under the glove compartment that collects the condensation from the air conditioning coil and routes it through the firewall and to the street.

On a hot day in Florida, mine can collect a good cup of water in a short drive.
Hanna Montanna

Hillsborough, NC

#39 Aug 27, 2008
My limo driver tells me this is happening on the lexus limo. I will pass this along. I hate getting my feet wet.
Monica

Allenton, MO

#40 Sep 14, 2008
crystal wrote:
My '99 Jetta Wolfsburg use to just leak in the passenger side floor board, well now it pours water. I'm getting a leak in the back seat behind driver side now and when I have a/c on it trickles a small amount onto my foot as I drive. ARGHHHH! I have talked to atleast 15 people who have had the same problem yet no answer as to what could be wrong. I know of some people who had their Jetta's looked at but still a problem. I have called around to diff. VW service techs knowing that they get these type of calls all the time because it is a FACT that everyone has this problem with Jettas and I get the a/c drain is clogged and yet another service tech will say no it's a leak in the sunroof drain, or no it's the heating core. I called the VW service number and they acted like they had no idea what could be wrong. I am fustrated and I do not make tons of money so as i can service tech hop to pin point what is wrong. VW should put a post up on the net the exact cause for this problem so as people do not have to pay all kinds of money to be told it's one thing and then down the road have to pay more money to have it looked at again.

I also have a 2002 VW Jetta and can upon inches of water on my passenger floor and underneath the passenger seat. I am in the process of selling this piece 0 *#$%- this is the worst car I've ever owned. I have had more nonsense problems in the 2 years that I've owned this car than any car ever in my 13 years or car ownership. I like your idea that VW post responsibility or warnings for said problem-b/c like you, I also don't have a ton of money. Best of luck to you and bon voyage to my car this week!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chrysler Sebring Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Oil light Jan 18 Amandarena22 1
2001 Chrysler Sebring ... Engine Problems (Oct '06) Jan 16 Don 440
Power windows won't work anymore (Mar '07) Jan 12 Chapis63 81
2001 sebring blown start/fuel fuse. (Jul '07) Jan 11 joeasstin 123
Loud clicking noise in engine. (Jan '07) Jan 5 Anonymous 25
Cannot turn my ignition Key (Feb '07) Dec 28 Doug Force 539
Cylinder Misfire on Chrysler Sebring LXI coupe Dec 26 Nancy B 1
More from around the web