water leak on passenger floor

Posted in the Chrysler Sebring Forum

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
BRUCE JOHNSON

Frederick, MD

#1 Nov 20, 2006
AFTER EVERY RAIN STORM WATER IS COLLECTING ON THE FLOOR OF MY DAUGHTERS 1998 SEBRING CONVERTIBLE. IT HAS NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE BUT NOW IT IS GETTING WORSE. HELP!!!!!!!!!!
Rich Heitz

Atlanta, GA

#2 Dec 8, 2006
I had that problem too. there's a web page some guy put up that helped me fix it. don't know where its at yet. here's what you do. grab a hammer. just under your door, find the long metal piece you would connect a jack to (this is probably part of the frame). On that metal piece is a slot where rain is supposed to go through. unfortunately, it easily gets clogged up. i just gave it a vigorous beating (within reason), and water started to flow. don't have the problem anymore, but as soon as I start to hear water when I brake hard, I just go hit the thing again. an infrequent occurrence. Hope that helps.

rich
richard.heitz@psych.gatech.edu
Nancy

South Bend, IN

#3 Dec 8, 2006
BRUCE JOHNSON wrote:
AFTER EVERY RAIN STORM WATER IS COLLECTING ON THE FLOOR OF MY DAUGHTERS 1998 SEBRING CONVERTIBLE. IT HAS NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE BUT NOW IT IS GETTING WORSE. HELP!!!!!!!!!!
My son has a '96 and it is utterly ridiculous how wet it gets on his floorboards. Where is the water getting in? There is absolutely no water on the seats. He has had upto about 2 inches of water throughout the interior floor.
Moe

AOL

#4 Jan 1, 2007
Help...just bought a brand new Acura MDX and the passenger floor was flooded withing one month. They said that my left front bumper was not sealed properly and they are replacing the entire carpet in my car. Does anyone have any advice about what I should do? I really want a NEW car and now this one feels old.
Mark

Emmaus, PA

#6 Jan 10, 2007
We have the same problem but on the driver side 2006 MDX, they have yet to find the cuase of the water leak. I am told it is something withthe windshield seal, so its going back for the thrid time. I am asking for a new car this time, my patients hav run out.
Mark

Emmaus, PA

#5 Jan 10, 2007
We have the same problem but on the driver side 2006 MDX, they have yet to find the cuase of the water leak. I am told it is something withthe windshield seal, so its going back for the thrid time. I am asking for a new car this time, my patients hav run out.
floyd

Hampton, VA

#7 Feb 15, 2007
Moe wrote:
Help...just bought a brand new Acura MDX and the passenger floor was flooded withing one month. They said that my left front bumper was not sealed properly and they are replacing the entire carpet in my car. Does anyone have any advice about what I should do? I really want a NEW car and now this one feels old.
GET rid of that suv ASAP
Alisa

United States

#8 Feb 26, 2007
My 98 Jetta is leaking and I have had 3 inches of water on the floor of my car but only on the passenger side. How do I get it fixed? Who can investigate the leak and also fix it?
Jenny

United States

#9 Mar 2, 2007
My 2002 Ford Focus is doing the same thing!
Christi

Cleveland, MS

#10 Jul 4, 2007
my 2007 vw beetle also has water standing on the driver side front and back. I have mine currently in the shop attempting to get it fixed.
Bonne

United States

#11 Jul 25, 2007
BRUCE JOHNSON wrote:
I have the same problem with my 1999 Sebring as well. I'm trying everything I can think of to figure out where it is coming from. HELP!!!!!!!!!!
ropollock

AOL

#12 Aug 16, 2007
Today, suddenly, about a gallon of water appeared on the floor of the back seat passenger side. Never had this before. Last rain was four days ago. Please give me a clue. The car is a 2002 Camry. Is it safe to take on the road?
jim

AOL

#13 Sep 22, 2007
BRUCE JOHNSON wrote:
Under each side of the frame of your car there are small holes (several)where the rain water is supposed to drain. Do what I do and find a garage with a motorized rack/lift and offer them $10 to lift your car up on the rack. Have a hanger with you from your closet (unpainted)and unravel it and use it to stick up into each of these holes to clean them out. Takes 5-10 minutes. This will remove stuff (e.g., from trees usually)that blocks the draining. You will often see water drain as you do this if it is clogged. Probably needs done twice a yaer --or wait until you have water on the floor.
JIM

UK

#14 Sep 30, 2007
Thank you for this infor too, because I have been getting wet mats on my passenger side and told it could be the Heater Matrix (but no water comes through the heater vents?). blower air inlet? and the rain drainers..... CHEAPER OPTION... so I'm going to get this checked out and hope your right.
CHEERS !
jeff

Navarre, FL

#15 Oct 9, 2007
I just used the little tube that came with a can wd-40. if you feel under the doors ther is a welded seam feel along the back side every few inches there is a bump insert the tube to unclog follow by a spray of wd.5062
richard

Purcell, OK

#16 Oct 13, 2007
I have a 2005 Sebring that has water on the front passenger & back passenger floor alongside the console. Help!
The Jaymz

Rochester, NY

#17 Oct 15, 2007
98 SEBRING CONVERTIBLE; was the car in a accident at ANY time? My car was not fixed properly when it was. The water leaks from the FRONT of the car right by the windsheild it probably needs to be resealed.Also one of the other replys almost had the idea you need to clear out the drain under the door in the body it is a SEAM.Do not hit it with a hammer IT NEEDS TO BE PRYED APART so the water can drain.All cars take on water even new ones.
Mike

Greenville, SC

#18 Nov 3, 2007
Had the same problem on the drivers side of my 1998. Tried everything and eventually replaced the top. It started leaking again shortly thereafter. The guy with the tip to use a wire to clean out the drain holes in the rocker panel is on the right track. This mostly solved the problem. My daughter must have run over a curd and bent that channel in on one side and that closed up one of the holes which didn't help. My 2001 has never done this (yet).
Dave

Auburn University, AL

#19 Jan 23, 2008
I didn't drive my 2000 Lincoln Towncar for 2-3 weeks and came back to find 2 inches of water on the passenger's side floor rear and front. I guess I'll just have to climb under there and have my friend hose off the car and see what's going on. This car is too nice to let it get ruined by some water. I just hope I don't have to spend too much money on it. Your posts have been helpful.
Stephanie

Roseville, CA

#20 Jan 27, 2008
I've got a 2001 Toyota Camry. Water is collecting on the back passenger floorboard (enough to slosh around). This only happens when it rains. I've brought it to the dealership 4 times in the past 3 yrs for this problem. The first 3 times they replaced the 'body plugs'. I took it in a month ago and they said the sunroof was not properly closed. Well, it's been raining here non stop for a week and I've got water sloshing around again in the back passenger floorboard. I need a permanent fix before the floorboards rot out! HELP!!!????!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chrysler Sebring Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chrysler sebring 2002 (fuse start problem) Jul 27 Wayne 8
2002 chrysler sebring transmission problem (Jan '08) Jul 24 martinez 141
2001 Chrysler Sebring ... Engine Problems (Oct '06) Jul 16 MORRELLHUNTS 430
Chrysler airbag clock springs (Nov '11) Jul 13 dave 13
Cannot turn my ignition Key (Feb '07) Jul 9 cece 516
2008 Sebring Stalling when slowing to a stop. (Sep '11) Jul 8 agib 12
Power windows won't work anymore (Mar '07) Jun '15 mechanical girl 68
More from around the web