Cannot turn my ignition Key
Walter Cross

Little Rock, AR

#182 Mar 30, 2011
key locked in the ignition, ignition will turn and the car will drive but the key does not come out. Car is 2005 Chrysler Sebring.
Carla

San Diego, CA

#183 Apr 1, 2011
Roger you are a F N genius...
Moira

Traverse City, MI

#184 Apr 5, 2011
Wow, here we are three years later, still worked, you are awesome, thanks.
Trina in Hampton Roads

Virginia Beach, VA

#185 Apr 19, 2011
Well if you didn't just make my day. i tapped it like a little sissy and took a few breaks to gather my ANGER and with a hammer and some bangs she turned over and the windows are now up! THANK YOU SO MUCH!
Fiona

Converse, TX

#186 Apr 21, 2011
You are a life saver, thank you
Scott

Minneapolis, MN

#187 May 3, 2011
Saved me with a 2002 Sebring, many thanks!!!
Dale

United States

#188 May 8, 2011
Worked on my Chrysler van. Thank you a million.
Mike in Richmond

Mechanicsville, VA

#189 May 13, 2011
Had to leave my 99 Chrysler at Cracker Barrel because the key wouldn't turn.
Got home, searched the internet and found this forum. I reluctantly; grabbed my rubber mallet and went back to Crackle Barrel and after 3 smacks I drove the Chrysler home – I’m now a true believer in “the Rubber Mallet”

Thanks Roger.
reverend dan redic

Sacramento, CA

#190 May 14, 2011
roger davis il wrote:
Leave the key in the ignition and tap it fairly hard with the end of a screw driver or a mallet as if to drive it into the steering columne and it will then turn. The lock tumblers are not falling back properly keeping the lock frozen If you have a locksmith change the tumblers it will be a 50.00 fix. If you go to the dealer expect about 300.00
my problem is that the key is in the on position, key will turn to the start position but won't turn to the off position to remove the key causing battery to run down. will the same principle apply to this matter>
Steve

Atlanta, GA

#191 May 20, 2011
Doesn't this damage the cylinder or the key? My Honda has some sort of electronic chip or recognizable metal that some dumb anti-theft sensor is supposed to read.
jweb

Granger, IN

#192 Jun 7, 2011
roger davis il wrote:
Leave the key in the ignition and tap it fairly hard with the end of a screw driver or a mallet as if to drive it into the steering columne and it will then turn. The lock tumblers are not falling back properly keeping the lock frozen If you have a locksmith change the tumblers it will be a 50.00 fix. If you go to the dealer expect about 300.00
thanks Roger - right on - 10 sec fix - you just saved my day !!
Jeannine

Toronto, Canada

#193 Jun 10, 2011
Ok well my Boyfriend went to go put a new stereo in my car, and took off the dash cover,then i had to run a friend to the train station, i then went to start the car and the damn key wont turn :( PLZ HELP!!!!!!!
Jeannine

Toronto, Canada

#194 Jun 10, 2011
Oh and my Car is a 2003 Impala!!:)
jking

Cedar Hill, TX

#195 Jun 11, 2011
2002 trail blazer and it works like a charm
partyqueen203

Rome, NY

#196 Jun 22, 2011
worked great on 1999 intrepid we were ready to call the tow truck!!!!! Thanks
partyqueen203

Rome, NY

#197 Jun 22, 2011
worked great on a 1999 intrepid. we were ready to call the tow truck!!! Thanks!
Grant_ Barrie_Canada

Barrie, Canada

#198 Jun 30, 2011
I've been having the key not turning problem here and there with my 2001 Chrysler Sebring. Today it would turn at all. I just read the solution from Roger and by george it worked exactly as described. Thanks Roger ( the internet CAN be a great tool) Grant
peter

New Waverly, IN

#199 Jul 17, 2011
Roger thanks a bunch! Worked great in my '08 Explorer.
christina

Radcliff, KY

#200 Jul 27, 2011
well I can't get my key out of the iginition. I can drive it the steering wheel turns and won't lock, I can't even shift gears with the car off and it won't release the key. Its a 2005 Chrysler sebring sedan. Someone I need advice.
monica

Huntington, IN

#201 Jul 31, 2011
roger davis il wrote:
Roger you are so awesome. Been sitting in the sun for 30 minutes and I just happen to find this site. Thanks for your great knowledge!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chrysler Sebring Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News All-new 2008 Chrysler Sebring convertible tops ... (Dec '06) Mar 25 jlauernc 99
1996 Sebring Starter or electrical issue Mar '18 JX Jalopy 1
2001 Chrysler Sebring ... Engine Problems (Oct '06) Mar '18 FHM 447
engine swap (Apr '15) Mar '18 Steve 2
Radio died, remote system not working, door loc... (Aug '08) Feb '18 Shell2005 76
2002 Chrysler Sebring LXI Coupe Halo Tail Lights? Feb '18 JWaggs 1
News Chrysler Sebring Transmission Questions (May '07) Feb '18 Walter P Chrysler 443