LIVE BLOG: Chrysler bankruptcy updates

LIVE BLOG: Chrysler bankruptcy updates

There are 3 comments on the www.freep.com story from May 1, 2009, titled LIVE BLOG: Chrysler bankruptcy updates. In it, www.freep.com reports that:

Welcome to Freep.com's auto bankruptcy blog, where Free Press reporters will keep an obsessive eye on Chrysler's bankruptcy -- and whatever may follow.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.freep.com.

Chewbacca

Quinlan, TX

#1 May 2, 2009
People are blaming everything on the auto-maker unions. That is just plain crazy. It took both (the owners and the union) members (to crash) the company.

All any business owner wants is to make profits. Pure and simple. But you don’t do it at the expense of your customer.(when you sell a customer a crappy product- they go somewhere else for their next purchase). They the company have been selling “We the People” what THEY thought we should have for years. By (building it at the cheapest price and jack the price WAY up) for us to purchase it. We are so sick of that.

“We the People” want something the car companies DON’T sell. We want TOUGH-LONG LASTING cars that ALL have GREAT GAS mileage. NO MATTER THE SIZE OF THE CAR. That technology is AVAILABLE right now! They refuse to use it! Because it cuts into their profit margins! They rode the profit wave for years-decades even. Now look where they are. I have no sympathy for them at all. I welcome more foreign car companies (here) in America! Because it will BUST UP THE MONOPOLY the big three have had going on here for years! BRING IT ON!
UAW and Proud of it

Portage, IN

#2 May 2, 2009
Chewbacca wrote:
People are blaming everything on the auto-maker unions. That is just plain crazy. It took both (the owners and the union) members (to crash) the company.
All any business owner wants is to make profits. Pure and simple. But you don’t do it at the expense of your customer.(when you sell a customer a crappy product- they go somewhere else for their next purchase). They the company have been selling “We the People” what THEY thought we should have for years. By (building it at the cheapest price and jack the price WAY up) for us to purchase it. We are so sick of that.
“We the People” want something the car companies DON’T sell. We want TOUGH-LONG LASTING cars that ALL have GREAT GAS mileage. NO MATTER THE SIZE OF THE CAR. That technology is AVAILABLE right now! They refuse to use it! Because it cuts into their profit margins! They rode the profit wave for years-decades even. Now look where they are. I have no sympathy for them at all. I welcome more foreign car companies (here) in America! Because it will BUST UP THE MONOPOLY the big three have had going on here for years! BRING IT ON!
The real deal is that the auto companies built the cars,suv's and trucks that people wanted!!
You build a small car and no one wants it, It has to be big, powerful and have every option to appeal to most people. Small cars are cramped,poor ride and not many fancy options available. Even the foreign auto makers started to build the big stuff.
Napoli Desk

United States

#3 May 4, 2009
With Chrysler now in bankruptcy, our attention will turn to whether Obama’s promise of a short and surgical bankruptcy, coupled with an alliance agreement with Fiat, will ultimately be realized. http://pfx.me/lK

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chrysler PT Cruiser Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2003 pt cruiser wont start batt & alt both good... (Jun '13) Jul 16 garciaraul1369 57
Alternator Removal and Replace on 2002 PT Cruis... (Sep '06) Jul 7 JMP 60
pt cruiser overheating (Feb '06) Jul 3 Brian 843
compatable parts for a 2009 touring edition Jul 3 finnlizzy67 1
Turns over wont start Jul 1 Gord 1
Platinum series 2004 For sale, parts or restore. Jun 28 Mike 1
limp mode May '17 cruiser03 1
More from around the web