what fuse controls high beams, windsh...

what fuse controls high beams, windsheild wipers, signals on a 2006 pt cruiser

John

New Haven, CT

#1 Nov 7, 2007
I can not find a fuse that says Highbeams or signals or windshield wipers...They all stoppes working....any info would be helpful..
Jorda

Surrey, Canada

#2 Apr 7, 2008
Same problem. Next day battery dead, we charged it up and everything then worked. Few days later it was the interior lights that wouldn't go off except when I pressed my foot on the bread and the dash indicator told me there was a door ajar when there wasnt'. My soon said he did a troubleshoot on the computer and it said that there was some issue with control module of these cars. I am investigating.
dustin

Las Vegas, NV

#3 Mar 9, 2010
It is common in the 2006 models which was the year they did away with the interior fuse box and installed a T.I.P.M that when one thing goes wrong it is usually accompanied with a few other problems. The TIPM is a totally integrated power module that is under the hood that the few fuses you do have plug into which connects to two multifunction switches/ control modules on the right and left sides off your column which control lights wipers etc. problems usually occur when aftermarket items are added to the vehical and are wired incorrectly items such as a towing harness, alarm system, or stereo system. These items when not properly installed with an in-line fuse can 'overload' the TIPM or the modules in the column this can be fixed very quickly by the dealer and the dealer only by a process called flashing. They just plug in a tool and reprogram the TIPM and modules it should cost you no more than 300 dollars and make sure they rewire what overloaded the TIPM in the first place.
Randy

Choctaw, OK

#4 Mar 24, 2010
I have a 2006 PT Cruiser and looking for the fuse box/tipm module. have been looking for two days and can not find one locally unless I pay 600.00
Matthew

Brentwood, TN

#5 Dec 28, 2010
Okay so a while ago I installed an hid kit that I relayed directly to the battery to avoid the many problems I've heard about the computer acting up with them. However part of the relay was connected to the drivers side harness so that when I turned my lights on in the cabin it would tell the hid's to turn on. The Hid's have worked with no problems. But when I decided to put my stock bulbs back into the factory harness's the one in which wasint connected to the relay wont give any voltage anymore. I took it in to two different shops and was told both times that I need to replace an "integrated control module" which runs 6-7 hundred dollars. I believe that what dustin posted is my problem but I thought I should clarify.
tonyreid

Norcross, GA

#6 Aug 10, 2015
John wrote:
I can not find a fuse that says Highbeams or signals or windshield wipers...They all stoppes working....any info would be helpful..
Wiper not working or indicater

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chrysler PT Cruiser Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2006 PT Cruiser, cranks won’t start, spark veri... Jan 11 Walter P Chrysler 2
2003 PT Cruiser Turbo A/C Issues Dec 29 prissypoodle123 1
2003 pt cruiser wont start batt & alt both good... (Jun '13) Dec 29 prissypoodle123 62
pt cruiser alternator Dec 29 jeff schutte 1
Radio/ key fob-not working Dec 26 Chrisriot11 1
2005 PT Cruiser Conv. Top and Windo problems Dec '17 laluna 1
2005 pt cruiser instrument panel out! Dec '17 rudyd 1
More from around the web