'05 Pacifica Oil Consumption
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Joe R

United States

#1 Apr 27, 2007
My '05 Pacifica AWD 2.5 w/ 40,000 miles burns up about a quart of oil per 1,000 miles. Dealer claims Chrysler considers this normal and won't do anything about it. Anyone else out there use this much oil?
Mike

Pittsburgh, PA

#2 Apr 28, 2007
My 05 AWD has only 18k miles on it, but doesn't seem to use a drop. I'm not sure what to tell you, but a quart per 1,000 miles seems like a lot to me.

Since: Apr 07

Michigan

#3 Apr 28, 2007
Our 04 Pacifica AWD doesn't use oil, it just leaks oil. I took it in to the dealer nearly two months ago for service under the warranty, but the required parts are on nation wide backorder. I guess it has something to do with the remote filter adapter.
Jim

United States

#4 May 22, 2007
I suspect my 2004 Pacifica Touring is also burning oil, in addition to getting horrible fuel mileage (16.3 avg combined). Going to fill it up and monitor miles...
Lisa

Lemon Grove, CA

#5 Jun 3, 2007
Joe,
I also have a 2005 Pacifica (Touring Edition). The dealership had to tear my engine apart a couple of months ago because I was burning a quart every 800 miles!!! For several months I was told that it was normal. They ended up fixing the valve covers, which was supposed to fix the problem. Apparently it has fixed the probelm for many people, but I am still burning about a quart in 1000 miles, so it slowed it down, but did not fix the problem. I am at 42,000 miles, so it sounds like the same situation.
Hope this helps.
Joe R wrote:
My '05 Pacifica AWD 2.5 w/ 40,000 miles burns up about a quart of oil per 1,000 miles. Dealer claims Chrysler considers this normal and won't do anything about it. Anyone else out there use this much oil?
Raul

East Hartford, CT

#6 Jun 4, 2007
I have the exact same problem, a quart every 1000 and the dealer is doing nothing. I feel love the car, buth the oil thing is driving me nuts. I am goig to try another dealer.
Steve B

Atlanta, GA

#7 Jun 8, 2007
Call Chrysler, get them involved. My '04 has never burned a drop @ 56,000 mi.. I change it every 6000. You need Chrysler involved as well as another dealership. Keep your documentation. Based on millage, they will even look at "goodwill" in many warranty situations. You might need to get tough and express your dismay. Most everyone that I know that has had a problem has had good results with Chrysler. 1000 miles = 1 Qt. doesn't seem to be acceptable. I would not like it.
Raul

East Hartford, CT

#8 Jun 11, 2007
thanks for the advice, taht is what I am planing to do for my next oil change, I was wondering if I should take it to 5000 milles and go really low in oil before they do something. I talked to Chrysler, no much help there either. Thanks
Steve B wrote:
Call Chrysler, get them involved. My '04 has never burned a drop @ 56,000 mi.. I change it every 6000. You need Chrysler involved as well as another dealership. Keep your documentation. Based on millage, they will even look at "goodwill" in many warranty situations. You might need to get tough and express your dismay. Most everyone that I know that has had a problem has had good results with Chrysler. 1000 miles = 1 Qt. doesn't seem to be acceptable. I would not like it.
Rhonda

AOL

#9 Jun 13, 2007
I have a 2005 Pacifica. I bought it 21,500 miles on it. The second week I had it the engine started knocking. I added oil and called the dealer. It's been in several times in the last 6 months. I now have 34,000 on it. They have replaced all the seals as well as replaced some cracked part ( I cant remember right at the moment), and it still consumes the oil. thgis last they said they wanted me to drive another 1000 miles to see how much it burned this time. Last time it was about a quart and a half in 1600 miles. They are talking to Chrysler during this time. I was told if it loses 1 qt in 1000 miles this is "acceptable" with this particular engine.
Raul

East Hartford, CT

#10 Jun 19, 2007
I been told the same, but it does not sound good to me
kkodal

Dayton, OH

#11 Jun 21, 2007
Joe R wrote:
My '05 Pacifica AWD 2.5 w/ 40,000 miles burns up about a quart of oil per 1,000 miles. Dealer claims Chrysler considers this normal and won't do anything about it. Anyone else out there use this much oil?
are you sure you have a 2.5 engine??
3.8l/3.5l??
mine is a 3.5 and no problems on oil.when i get my oil change the color of the oil is almost like gold.and nothing is missing..
Dawn

Fayetteville, NC

#12 Jun 24, 2007
So Im not the only one. My 2005 has been needing oil about every 1000 miles also. Just had the oil changed, dealer told me there was more oil in the filter than in the pan which was not a great sign and to bring it back in monday, may have an engine problem or something else? No signs of leaks, smell, noises, no problems other than only getting 15.9 miles to the gallon...I think the problem is related somehow. My dealership seems eager to find problem while Im still under warranty Guess we shall see what happens.
kkodal

Dayton, OH

#13 Jun 24, 2007
Dawn wrote:
So Im not the only one. My 2005 has been needing oil about every 1000 miles also. Just had the oil changed, dealer told me there was more oil in the filter than in the pan which was not a great sign and to bring it back in monday, may have an engine problem or something else? No signs of leaks, smell, noises, no problems other than only getting 15.9 miles to the gallon...I think the problem is related somehow. My dealership seems eager to find problem while Im still under warranty Guess we shall see what happens.
how many miles do you have on yours??
i remember someone having to get the whole engine rebuilt by the dealer to solve the problem.
regdesign

Newark, DE

#14 Jul 9, 2007
I have an 04 Pacificia and burns about a quart every 1,000 miles also. Twice the engine was knocking! Was also told by Chrsyler dealer where it is servicied that this is normal. Talked to local mechanics and they said this is not normal.
Raul

East Hartford, CT

#15 Jul 12, 2007
I decided to change the car for a use BMW X5, I am not going to ride on a ticking bomb. That oil consupmtion is not right
kenia

Los Angeles, CA

#16 Jul 12, 2007
I am so upset about this whole situation. I am going through the same problem with my 05 pacifica and the dealership told me the same thing they've been telling everyone. I called a lawyer and he advised me to take it to at least 2 dealerships and if they come up with the same thing to save all paperwork and call him back.(We might have something here). I am in Burbank California and would like to know if anyone has spoken to an attorney in regards to this?
Raul

East Hartford, CT

#17 Jul 16, 2007
I have not talk to a lawyer, but is not a bad idea, let me know what yours have to say. This is not normal, somoe kind of shity thing is going on. It is not normal for a new engine to consume that amoutn of oil. I would happly joing any class sut to this guys that refuesed to take responsability for their product and the consumer gets the bill. After paying my car in full i feel like I been left without many options left.
Mike T

Utica, KY

#18 Jul 18, 2007
04 CAN'T MAKE IT TO 3000 MILES WITHOUT LIFTERS TICKING----------------MY LAST CHRYSLER
Joel

AOL

#19 Jul 24, 2007
kenia wrote:
I am so upset about this whole situation. I am going through the same problem with my 05 pacifica and the dealership told me the same thing they've been telling everyone. I called a lawyer and he advised me to take it to at least 2 dealerships and if they come up with the same thing to save all paperwork and call him back.(We might have something here). I am in Burbank California and would like to know if anyone has spoken to an attorney in regards to this?
Judging from what I'm reading here getting a lawyer involved seems like a good idea. I, too, have the same qt/1000 miles problem and would be glad to join a class action. Please let me know if you go forward. I live in Tennessee. [email protected]
Old Sarge

Jackson, TN

#20 Jul 25, 2007
Whew, I am glad I found this page. I have been talking with a dealer thinking of buying an 04 with 40K on it. In fact may have closed the deal tomorrow. But shall now pass it up. Thanks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chrysler Pacifica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
04 Pacifica transmission problems Tue Wellington 2
2004 Pacifica electrical problems (Jun '06) Mon medinabeto 297
News 2017 Chrysler Pacifica: Return of the American van Sun Mossy 4
2004 Chrysler Pacifica Jun 26 Anthonyp 1
2004 chrysler Pacifica no power what so ever Jun 11 Eman 2
2007 Chrysler Pacifica, Wont shift out of 1st g... (Jul '10) Jun 8 Trinity 27
News Chrysler minivans continue to shine with 2017 P... Jun 7 tbird 1
More from around the web