Where is battery situated on Chrysler 300m

Posted in the Chrysler 300M Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Paul Choularton

UK

#1 Mar 2, 2006
Need to fit new battery but where is it??????
Peter

Lowell, MI

#2 Mar 7, 2006
The battery is located under the air filter container (left side of engine compartment when you face the car). You will need to remove a couple screws and also the clamp holding the air tube to the engine.
Don Lee

Casa Grande, AZ

#3 Jul 9, 2006
I've got a 2000, 300M. I went to change a tire and there is a huge nut right in the center of the rim. My car didn't come with any key. It doesn't look like any special key nut. Has anyone else been stranded with this? On the highway in Az. in July, it's only about 140 degrees in the sun. I could kill chrysler
Chrystler 300M battery

Verbank, NY

#4 Oct 22, 2006
I see the battery is located in an awkward spot and I don't know how to remove the air filter. Can anyone please help me? Please describe in deatil how you do it and ig there are any diagrams that would help.
Chris

Chicago, IL

#5 Feb 5, 2007
That huge nut is for your breaks. Do not remove.
James

Chicago, IL

#6 Feb 5, 2007
There are two terminals located above the battery since the battery is located underneath the air filter.
jim

United States

#7 Feb 11, 2007
Chrystler 300M battery wrote:
I see the battery is located in an awkward spot and I don't know how to remove the air filter. Can anyone please help me? Please describe in deatil how you do it and ig there are any diagrams that would help.
if you found out how to remove the air filter compartment i'd like to know--thanks jim
jmcamp1212@msn.com
kathy

Cumberland, MD

#8 Mar 1, 2007
Paul Choularton wrote:
jack up the front end, take off the front right wheel, remove screws from the access panel on the front of the wheel well, slide battery back, disconnect, replace
kathy

Cumberland, MD

#9 Mar 1, 2007
loosen lugs on the right front wheel, jack up the front end, remove wheel, remove screws on the access panel of the front part of the wheel well, slide battery back, disconnect, replace all
Chuck

Philadelphia, PA

#10 Mar 18, 2007
Paul Choularton wrote:
You have to take off the tire and reach in to replace the battery
Zoso

United States

#11 Jun 28, 2007
How bout if you just want to disconnect the battery? Could u just disconnect the wires on the terminal posts instead?
Don

Aliso Viejo, CA

#12 Sep 10, 2007
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
You have to take off the tire and reach in to replace the battery
You only have to turn the front wheels all the one to one position. You do not have to take the front wheel off to remove the battery.
ron

Saint Paul, MN

#13 Sep 26, 2007
under the airfilter
Ben

Wichita, KS

#14 Jan 16, 2008
what if my wheel wont come off??? I unscrewed all the nuts and pulled enough and it won't budge, what gives??
Joseph Saint Louis MO

Saint Louis, MO

#15 Jun 10, 2008
1999 Chrysler 300M suddenly totally dead... how do you use a jump starter ... where is the battery connections. I see one red, but when I ground the other cable to engine /frame... nothing happens... no current seems to flow from jump starter to the starter. Can you help?
Joseph Saint Louis MO

Saint Louis, MO

#16 Jun 10, 2008
1999 Chrysler 300M totally dead... how do you use a jump starter ... where is the battery connections. I see one red, but when I ground the other cable to engine /frame... nothing happens... no current seems to flow from jump starter. Can you help?
ken from ct-

Wallingford, CT

#17 Jun 19, 2008
Don Lee wrote:
I've got a 2000, 300M. I went to change a tire and there is a huge nut right in the center of the rim. My car didn't come with any key. It doesn't look like any special key nut. Has anyone else been stranded with this? On the highway in Az. in July, it's only about 140 degrees in the sun. I could kill chrysler
yes Don--i have a 300M also- there is a large nut in the center of the wheel--you should have a key to remove it--it releases the hubcap when you remove it-- it is a small key that fits in the lugwrench -it is probably in your glove box--dont give up on chrysler - this is the first one i ever had and also the best car i ever had--enjoy it
ken from ct-

Wallingford, CT

#18 Jun 19, 2008
Ben wrote:
what if my wheel wont come off??? I unscrewed all the nuts and pulled enough and it won't budge, what gives??
i would bet that you didnt unscrew the nut thats in the center of the wheel -it has a small adaptor that fits into your lugwrench -- that one nut will drive you crazy unless you know its there----good luck to you
love for 300M dying

Claremont, NC

#19 Jul 30, 2008
Paul Choularton wrote:
Just as it is with anything on this blessed car, it's nowhere easy to access! The tire must come off, then the access panel in the wheel well (not easy), and then you have to shave your arm hair off trying to wrangle the **** thing out. I absolutely loved this care until it started having problems!
Ken

United States

#20 Jan 17, 2009
Do I have to remove the air filter box in order to replace the battery?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chrysler 300M Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chrysler 300M Check Engine Light (Sep '10) Apr 14 Jennifer 11
2002 300m special tranny problems (Oct '07) Apr 4 Indiarain 38
2000 Chrysler 300M Engine Stall / Failure (Apr '06) Apr 2 jamiebrown71013 352
air inlet tube & inline resonator Apr 1 jedmsie 2
intermittent cranking,asd relay clicking.pls help Mar '15 mraircraftdr 1
300M Transmission Shifter is sticking (Mar '07) Feb '15 Jason 13
300m -99 how to change map reading light? (Dec '06) Feb '15 Mikael Berglund 8
More from around the web