Chrysler 300 Climate Control Light no...
David

Bettendorf, IA

#21 Nov 28, 2011
I got an 05 300c And the light on the lower left , abs and air bag lights. Come on any ideas?
Jan Knudsen

Vissenbjerg, Denmark

#22 Dec 3, 2011
G in Fl wrote:
Just got a used '06 300. Drove on a rainy night and window fogged up...couldn't see the climate control or button display for front defogger because it wasn't lit. Almost drove off the road trying to find overhead light to see. Should I try replacing bulbs, can it be done or has anyone found that its faulty wiring? I called the manuf.'s 800 # and a guy said all models are different they don't know if it is supposed to light up. He did know that his girlfriend'a Honda doesn't! Thanks Chrysler employee you were very helpful!
The probelm is with the IC REGULATOR on the Print Board. The IC REGULATOR is situated next to the multi connector for the connection harnesh. The IC REGULATOR is supplying power to the display light.
Light comes back in the display when I twickle a little with the IC REGULATOR (can only be done when Printboard is dismantled from the Clima Control Unit and connected via the multi connector)
Conclusion: The IC REGULATOR is falty.
Solution: Replace the IC REGULATOR.
The part no to look for is stamped on it: "LM2940CT-12". You can Google it. It can be purchased many places and the price is only a couple of dollars. See for instance this link:
http://parts.digikey.com/1/parts/614430-ic-re...
where you also see how it looks like, then it is easy for you to identify it on the printboard (it is the only component looking like this)
To replace it is also easy. All you realy need is a small soldering iron and just little bit of handy man approach.
Peanut

Apopka, FL

#23 Dec 11, 2011
I have the same lighting issue with my wife's 300. Took the console apart and found three burnt out bulbs. They cannot just be changed out like any other bulb. They are a part of the green board. You have two options....
Change out the circuit board or attempt to solder in new bulbs. If you choose to try to solder in new lights I would recommend trying to find some good LEDs to put in.
Yet another one of chryslers piss poor designs. No wonder why the company is in the shitter. The 300 has so much more potential.
sdrolz

Milwaukee, WI

#24 Aug 26, 2012
I have the same issue with 06 300 touring climate control. lights have never worked, didn't bother to replace due to the cost, and now the fan control stopped working. I'm going to try the instructions I found here: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_do_you_replace_...
to remove the entire unit and see if I can fix it my self.

For the guy whose headlights keep going on and off, I had that problem too. The fix is in the switch. replace the headlights switch in the dash and you problem will be fixed.
Jaytea164atyahoo com

Benson, NC

#25 Sep 15, 2012
I recently purchased a used 06 300 and the climate control light are out as well. Returned the car back to the car salesman, he advised that it's a modular not a bulb and it would cost about 200 for repair. wish i would've known when i test drove the car in the daylight.
Efrain T

Lawrence, MA

#26 Oct 16, 2012
Rich Lake wrote:
2005 Chrysler 300, climate control panel does not work (no fan, a/c, heat, rear window de-ice, nothing works) have checked fuses, changed panel, no help. anybody have any ideas ????
help
Rich
Were you able to figure out what the issue was and did you fix it?
Ashley

United States

#27 Oct 25, 2012
No AC/heat no lights on panel when I turn on the AC/heat airbag light comes on?
Roger S

Canada

#28 Nov 18, 2012
Related to #27 question - re Airbag Light coming on. My 2002 300M S 260K miles/416K KM multiple lights having a mind of their own. Traction, Engine, Airbag, etc. I found this suggestion regarding the phantom lights coming on...The battery cable connections were extremly corroded. Took battery out, cleaned everything.No more phantom lights coming on. Oh by the way, I to still looking to fix my temp. panel lights. Banging the dashborad no longer works. I'll try some of the surgery y'all have suggested above. Transistor (or IGBT) on the Print Board (PCBA) or the IC REGULATOR on the Print Board.
rick dryden

Edmonton, Canada

#29 Dec 3, 2012
I have a 1999 Chrysler 300M . Every now and then it starts but not all the other electrical features do not work.
EDDIE R

Sacramento, CA

#30 Dec 12, 2012
Heat comes ot through vents with everything off it gets real hot
EDDIE R

Sacramento, CA

#31 Dec 12, 2012
Heat comes out through vents with everything off on my 2006 chrysler 300, could anybody help me and tell me how to solve this problem
brian

South Bend, IN

#32 Dec 23, 2012
just buy new bulbs on ebay and replace them if still dont work find the dash light lead wire
JP Detim

Li├Ęge, Belgium

#33 Jan 3, 2013
I was looking for a solution for a few months. It's so difficult to find a trustable advise. THANK YOU, I am gonna try it right now !!!
Jan Knudsen wrote:
It is easy to replace the light bulbs, but this is not the cause of the probelm with no light in the display.
I have have the same problem and have come to conclusion that the probelm is with the Transistor (or IGBT) on the Print Board (PCBA). The transistor is situated next to the multi connector for the connection cable. The transistor is supplying power to the display light.
Light comes back in the display when I twickle a little with thje transistor (can only be done when PCBA is dismantled from the Clima Control Unit and connected via the multi connetor)
One or more of the 3 legs of the transistor seems to have loose connection inside the transistor or the transistor has delaminated. In any case the transistor is falty.
Solution: Replace the transistor.
ted pettit

Pasadena, MD

#34 Feb 9, 2013
same problem I see in comments section about the climate control panel not lighting, obviously this is a common problem! Took my Chrysler 300m 2001 to Chrysler Agency and they told me the job would cost $650! Because, according to them, the whole unit has to be replaced, there are no bulbs to replace instead.
I am not a guru type who can fix things this complicated. No clue how to remove the panel. Cannot locate where I could even get this part. Why they make things this complicated I do not know!. At present I simply live without it, but it spoils the car a bit, and the feauture was convenient, now I have to guess the temperature I want inside while driving. Any advice would be appreciated. I live in Baltimore MD. Glad to hear about anybody around this area that could fix the job without causing me bankruptcy!
Kathy

New York, NY

#35 Mar 14, 2013
Does anyone know what the sensor looking thing above the climate control button is in a 08 300c?
Dennis Utley

Portland, OR

#36 Mar 30, 2013
My 99 300 is doing the same thing comeon people how do we fix this problem?
Todd

Lake Jackson, TX

#37 Jun 14, 2013
Ashley wrote:
No AC/heat no lights on panel when I turn on the AC/heat airbag light comes on?
I initially replaced the blower motor control module/resistor since it was the cheapest at $6, then i purchased a new ac climate control head and still no lights, air bag light on, and heat. Checked all fuses, found it was a $5 relay in rear distribution center at #42
Ted Pettit

Pasadena, MD

#38 Jun 15, 2013
I have a 300m Chrysler and had the same problem with the climate control unit. The Chrysler dealership said the whole unit needs to be replaced, the unit costing $600!
I went all over the net to find a cheaper solution, and discovered the All Tune and Lube on the Ritchie Highway in Baltimore could fix it. They obtained a reconditioned one for about $100 and did the whole job for half the price Chrysler were quoting. They did excellent work and all my problems are now solved.
If you are a computer type geek you may be able to fix the control yourself, but for the likes of me All Tune and Lube were great.
Ted Pettit

Pasadena, MD

#39 Jun 15, 2013
Sorry, it is a Chrysler 300M 2001 year
Lorenzo

Las Vegas, NV

#40 Jul 7, 2013
Stevo wrote:
Oh I forgot to ask, how do you take the center console apart?
. Jest pul it & it will came of togather with the climate control

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chrysler 300 Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Check Engine Light on for 3 days (Apr '06) Jan 16 petermaclean canada 118
No Wifi in 2017 Chrysler 300 Dec 29 Delirious-T 1
Chrysler 300c Stalls (Oct '07) Dec 29 Lindytindy 168
Doors freezing home when cold Dec '16 Jdubb311 1
News What's New for 2017: Chrysler Dec '16 Bob 3
Just wondering Nov '16 Devontua 1
News Dodge Charger, Jeep Cherokee, Chrysler 300 reca... (May '16) Aug '16 checkit 5
More from around the web