Hyundai: We're more American than Detroit

There are 13 comments on the Oct 20, 2010, CNN Money story titled Hyundai: We're more American than Detroit. In it, CNN Money reports that:

By next year about 80% of the vehicles Korean automaker Hyundai sells in the United States will be built here, the CEO of the automaker's U.S. arm told CNNMoney.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN Money.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
new uaw employee

Netherlands

#123 Nov 2, 2010
by the way, my location says "netherlands" because I'm using a virtual private network, I connect to a server in Amsterdam from Indiana.
Pablo Silvia

Greensboro, NC

#124 Nov 2, 2010
Shocking that a Korean automaker can have more domestic content than GM or Ford.

Chrysler is mainly Mexican and Italian.
ManlyAuto

Jefferson, GA

#125 Nov 5, 2010
It's good that the cars will be built in America - more jobs. Sure, the parts may come from somewhere else, but that's because we don't make much! www.manlyauto.com
Loose Nutz

Greencastle, PA

#126 Nov 5, 2010
new uaw employee wrote:
by the way, my location says "netherlands" because I'm using a virtual private network, I connect to a server in Amsterdam from Indiana.
$14/hr new worker?

Glad to see the Tier 2 wage is working.
Damage Control

AOL

#127 Nov 6, 2010
new uaw employee wrote:
Until I started working at Chrysler, I would have bought whatever was cheap and convenient. I didn't understand what an impact the auto industry had in the U.S. The jobs that it supplied our communities. Before I was working at Chrysler, I made 11.00 an hour, trying to support a family. Every 6 months I had to go to human resources and give them new paper work to fill out about getting more food stamps, and I never got used to it, it always felt humiliating that I couldn't put enough food on the table for my family. Chrysler pays me a fair wage now, and I don't need any government assistance. I will always buy an American made car, even if I lose my job at Chrysler, and don't work at any auto plant. It's nice working for a company that pays you a wage you can live off of, and support a family off of. I buy what I make.
THANK YOU!!!!!!!
The Truth

AOL

#128 Nov 6, 2010
Pablo Silvia wrote:
Shocking that a Korean automaker can have more domestic content than GM or Ford.
Chrysler is mainly Mexican and Italian.
says you, Chrysler has plants in America, Jefferson North Assembly, Mack 1, Mack 2, Conner Ave., Sterling Stamping, Sterling Assembly, Warren Truck, Warren Stamping, Marysville Axle, Detroit Axle, Dundee Engine Plant, Trenton North, Trenton South, Belv. Assembly, Auburn Hills Headquarters, Toledo Jeep Complex, many many more in support areas, let's not even talk about Canada, just saying, get your facts straight buddy, We are American, and damn proud of it
The Truth

AOL

#129 Nov 6, 2010
Let's not even talk about the hundreds of thousands of Americans that get monthly pension checks each month
The Truth

AOL

#130 Nov 6, 2010
How many retirees does Hyundai have in America? zero
Pablo Silvia

Greencastle, PA

#131 Nov 7, 2010
The Truth wrote:
<quoted text> says you, Chrysler has plants in America, Jefferson North Assembly, Mack 1, Mack 2, Conner Ave., Sterling Stamping, Sterling Assembly, Warren Truck, Warren Stamping, Marysville Axle, Detroit Axle, Dundee Engine Plant, Trenton North, Trenton South, Belv. Assembly, Auburn Hills Headquarters, Toledo Jeep Complex, many many more in support areas, let's not even talk about Canada, just saying, get your facts straight buddy, We are American, and damn proud of it
Yes, I do recall hearing about JNAP when those employees were drinking alcohol and smoking pot in the local park. I assume the other plants are no different.

Chrysler cultivates an environmnet in which alcoholism and drug addiction are encouraged. Shame on them.
The Best

Greencastle, PA

#132 Nov 7, 2010
Yes, I do recall hearing about JNAP when those employees were drinking alcohol and smoking pot in the local park. I assume the other plants are no different.

Chrysler cultivates an environmnet in which alcoholism and drug addiction are encouraged. Shame on them.
The Truth

AOL

#133 Nov 7, 2010
Pablo Silvia wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, I do recall hearing about JNAP when those employees were drinking alcohol and smoking pot in the local park. I assume the other plants are no different.
Sure, i guess since 5 out of 4,000 did it, i guess they all do, is that Fox News math? I'm sure you guys in California don't smoke grass, aren't you the guys trying to Legalize POT? just saying
Adelaide

Bensalem, PA

#134 Mar 29, 2011
I have a used Hyundai. I got it at http://autos.mlive.com/used_cars
Crymeariver

Pittsburgh, PA

#135 Mar 30, 2011
new uaw employee wrote:
Liar..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chrysler 300 Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chrysler 300 Climate Control Light not working (Jan '08) Apr 16 Arthur 59
Chrysler 300c Stalls (Oct '07) Apr 7 akramer 155
News Dodge Challenger: Retro muscle car still a lika... (Jan '14) Feb '15 Up and Down on It 13
News First drive: 2015 Chrysler 300 Jan '15 Mr California 3
Check Engine Light on for 3 days (Apr '06) Jan '15 Rob Wacaster 113
News Cars that tell you when they're broken Dec '14 Jim 2
News DaimlerChrysler warning on jobs (Dec '06) Dec '14 John 3
More from around the web