Dodge Man

Diamond, MO

#63 Dec 11, 2012
debbie wrote:
<quoted text>Dodgeman- Just came here because got a new mail post in my Email, usually I delete the post from here I opened so i could come here and let everyone know what the problem is. First of all Im not ignorant, you obviously are because if the engine dies going down the freeway you lose power control, my husband is an engineer and a big strong man and he know what hes talking about and he almost lost control...!! Second, You are wrong on everything you have said and are not helping anyone. Here is what happened. I emailed Chrysler and let them know what was going on, recieved a phone call back and they told me it was the gas tank. They would pay for half. So we took it to a dealer in Newport they put in a new tank and it runs perfect now. They knew right off what it was and still didn't recall they should of payed the whole thing but we were glad to get half back. still cost us around $800 but better than nothing. So please don't give people here the wrong answers, it needs a new tank... Anyone with this problem call chrysler and let them know.IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE GAS CAP OR FILLING TANKS TO MUCH.....
Wrong, you nitwit! What did you replace? THE GAS TANK! What I shared has to do with filling the fuel tank to check out the problem! It's called diagnostics!

Yes, you lose power steering & brakes when the engine dies, BUT YOU CAN STILL CONTROL THE VEHICLE AND STOP IT! It's called fail-safe! It just takes more effort to steer and stop the car. If you aren't aware of this feature (it's been built into vehicles from the advent of power steering & brakes on vehicles!) you really shouldn't be behind the wheel of a vehicle! Ignorance is bliss, but deadly in some situations!

Like most engineers, they rarely know anything about the workings of a vehicle unless they are an AUTOMOTIVE engineer!

Big and strong, but could not control a vehicle without power assist. A little TOO dramatic... Don't you think?

Yes, you are ignorant when you can't read and glean information! You are ignorant with regard to your sentence structure as well.

Nothing you've said disproves anything I've said. Diagnosis of vehicle issues, without being able to place hands on the vehicle in question, is a crapshoot at best! I shared my findings from some of the things I've discovered diagnosing "similar" issues.

BTW, thanks for at least coming back and letting others know there was a solution to your problem. Most posters never do! However, it may not be the solution for someone else!
Dodge Man

Diamond, MO

#64 Dec 11, 2012
debbie wrote:
Just wanted to let anyone know that has been having a problem with there 300 Chrysler sputtering after putting gas in it, it is NOT the gas cap it is NOT from filling the tank to much, it needs a New gas tank Chrysler knows this and still did not recall. They however paid half for putting in a new tank. When we took it to a dealer they looked it up and it did show that, yep it was the tank(it is on file) So I urge you to call the Chrysler head office and get this resolved. Since they know this is the problem and are willing to pay half they should of payed the whole thing. but as long as it is fixed and running perfect now that's fine just wanted to warn anyone coming here with the same problems as I had and there are hundreds of post like mine who had the same problem.
Chrysler paid half because they know the problem is caused by owners overfilling the fuel tank. They know consumers today are too illiterate and lazy to read and follow the owners manual recommendations!

Recalls are only issued for SAFTY issues.
Tony

Perryton, TX

#65 Dec 18, 2012
Could I bypass the canister or revert the tank?
Tony

Perryton, TX

#66 Dec 18, 2012
Mean revent the tank.
Dodge Man

Diamond, MO

#67 Dec 18, 2012
Tony wrote:
Mean revent the tank.
Neither one! You are compromising the emissions system! You will only create other problems with your fuel system you won't be able to deal with. Fix it right, or don't mess with it!

This old practice of modifying, or bypassing systems on vehicles is foolish. That's why there are so many vehicles on used car lots with major problems. Beside that, it's against the law to modify the emissions controls, unless the vehicle is going to be removed from the road for racing! You can be fined THOUSANDS of dollars for messing with these systems.
dusty

Opelika, AL

#68 Dec 30, 2012
my 07 had same noises in front end I changed the tension strut both sides its fine now
debbie

Newport, OR

#69 Dec 30, 2012
Dodge Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Chrysler paid half because they know the problem is caused by owners overfilling the fuel tank. They know consumers today are too illiterate and lazy to read and follow the owners manual recommendations!
Recalls are only issued for SAFTY issues.
You are the nitwit, are you working for chrysler to disprove the gas tank thing so they won't have to pay anymore out of pocket? You do not make any sense, the problem is with the gas tank!!! The manuel has NOTHING to do with fiquring out the reason for the stalling issues on the cars.If that were the case Chrysler wouldn't of paid for mine to be replaced and if it was as simple as reading the manuel and trying what you said to do and btw been there did that in the beginning and so did the thousands of others having my same problem tried as well. You don't have a clue what your talking about, are you getting paid for this crappy information? And yes, no matter what you say the car can and has lost control because some people on the freeway going 70mph and the car stalled wrecked because they couldn't get it under control I have done my research after going through what I had to deal with my issues on the car KNOW this 100% You are not doing any one any favors by misleading them. You are putting them at risk. People go to a chrysler dealer and let them know the tank needs to be changed out, but call chrysler first so they will have to pay at least half of it.
debbie

Newport, OR

#70 Dec 30, 2012
Oh and Dodgeboy, are you seriously saying Chrysler would pay to have the tank replaced because people didn't read the manuel. REally?? So If I forget to put oil in my car because i was to iliterate to read the manuel and it blows up they will replace my engine too? Dont really think they would of replaced the gas tank just because we were too iliterate to read. NOPE your wrong they replaced it dummy because THEY KNEW THEY WERE AT FAULT!! Wow don't quit your day job!!!
Ertan

Hollywood, FL

#71 Jan 6, 2013
I have same problem with my 2006 Chrysler 300c. I change gas thank at Chrysler dealer.cost me $ 1600. week later I am having same problem. Its stalls.
Ryno

Saint Charles, MO

#72 Jan 10, 2013
Dodge Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, it happens because people continue adding more fuel to the tank after the fuel nozzle shuts off the first time when you fill the tank. DO NOT TOP OFF THE TANK! Stop when the nozzle stops! The nozzle stops when the fuel tank is 80 percent full! The last 20 percent is for air space and allows for expansion!
This instruction is in your owners manual! Surprisingly, there is a lot of other instructions in there owners ignore, then wonder why the vehicle malfunctions and costs the MONEY!!!
Then why do I have the same issue? I know that you aren't supposed to top it off and I never do. Still I have recently fell victim to the same problem.
Ryno

Saint Charles, MO

#73 Jan 10, 2013
Just got off the phone with Chrysler and they will not pay any part of my gas tank being replaced. I have had numerous problems with this car. The front suspension has been fully replaced twice and now this. I have had this current issue on and off since I bought this car. I was always told to drive it a while and see if the problem goes away. That the computer is always adjusting to my driving. And while it would go away, but only to return later here I am passed warranty and I am screwed. Don't let them make you think it is your fault. Solution is to stop buying their products as I will. Just cancelled an order I had for a Grand Cherokee Overland for my wife.
Ryno

Saint Charles, MO

#74 Jan 10, 2013
And yes, I bought it new. 2006C.
Ann

Mansfield, OH

#75 Jan 28, 2013
Arthur wrote:
I just bought a 2007 chrysler 300C awd with 74000 miles and it stalled on me the other day at a stop light,how messed up is that.I am now reading on line that this is a common problem with this car.I will be taking it back to the dealer but I am not feeling good about the results.I'm sure who ever had it before me had the same issues,wish me luck it sounds like I will need some.
My 2005 300C has stalled 3 times after filling the gas tank. Oddly enough, taking it to the dealer, they have never heard of this problem. I have never had a problem with this car. It has 91,000 miles, and this just started happening in the last few months. Not every time I fill up. The cost of replacing the tank w labor is approx $1400.00 at the dealer. I think I just won't fill it all the way.
Dodge Man

Tulsa, OK

#77 Feb 2, 2013
debbie wrote:
Oh and Dodgeboy, are you seriously saying Chrysler would pay to have the tank replaced because people didn't read the manuel. REally?? So If I forget to put oil in my car because i was to iliterate to read the manuel and it blows up they will replace my engine too? Dont really think they would of replaced the gas tank just because we were too iliterate to read. NOPE your wrong they replaced it dummy because THEY KNEW THEY WERE AT FAULT!! Wow don't quit your day job!!!
Every time I read one of your posts, I wonder if you finished school. How would you " blow up your car by not putting oil in it." That sentence make very little sense, does it? Illiterate, I would say you are. And you call me DUMMY. That's the proverbial pot calling the kettle black! Your name calling is indicative of a person with an inferiority complex.

I can easily imagine you would forget to put oil in your engine and expect Chrysler to put a new engine in your vehicle, after the engine failed. You're that type of person.
I
Chrysler admitted no fault by "helping" you with the cost, you twit! You paid half!

I have no intention of quitting my day job. I'm very good at it, thank you very much!
luci uk

Scunthorpe, UK

#78 Feb 13, 2013
our 2007 300c petrol - has now stood on our driveway for 6 months! Chrysler cant diagnose the problem and we have changed numerous parts - the problem is that when it warms up it loses power, wont rev and fades - anyone with similar problem? thanks
Dodge Man

United States

#79 Feb 15, 2013
luci uk wrote:
our 2007 300c petrol - has now stood on our driveway for 6 months! Chrysler cant diagnose the problem and we have changed numerous parts - the problem is that when it warms up it loses power, wont rev and fades - anyone with similar problem? thanks
What parts have been replaced. The symptoms you describe could apply to a number of problems. Has the Multi Displacement System operation been investigated? This is also called MDS.
Andy

Altamonte Springs, FL

#80 Feb 19, 2013
Our 2006 C300 hemi periodically shuts off while driving. Only once did engine lights come on (electronic throttle, and traction control), which happened IMMEDIATELY after a fill up. But that is not always the case when the engine quits. I have found that if I punch the accelerator the first time the engine bucks, it keeps running. If not, it shuts off. It always restarts immediately, but not much fun in traffic.
Dodge Man

Diamond, MO

#81 Feb 19, 2013
Andy wrote:
Our 2006 C300 hemi periodically shuts off while driving. Only once did engine lights come on (electronic throttle, and traction control), which happened IMMEDIATELY after a fill up. But that is not always the case when the engine quits. I have found that if I punch the accelerator the first time the engine bucks, it keeps running. If not, it shuts off. It always restarts immediately, but not much fun in traffic.
Same as everyone else on this thread. Fuel tank and vapor canister. Replace them both and you'll cure the problem. Look on the MAGNUM side of TOPIXS and you'll find the same thing happening. I wouldn't doubt the same issue plagues the Charger and Challenger as well. All four of these cars share the same basic platform ( common chassis parts). Sorry
Luci uk

Scunthorpe, UK

#82 Feb 19, 2013
Dodge Man wrote:
<quoted text>
What parts have been replaced. The symptoms you describe could apply to a number of problems. Has the Multi Displacement System operation been investigated? This is also called MDS.
Thank you dodgeman I will mention this and see what has been done. Much appreciated
Andy

Altamonte Springs, FL

#83 Feb 20, 2013
Luci uk wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you dodgeman I will mention this and see what has been done. Much appreciated
Thanks Dodgeman!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chrysler 300 Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cars that tell you when they're broken Dec 18 Jim 2
DaimlerChrysler warning on jobs (Dec '06) Dec 18 John 3
'Chrysler' name officially axed for Fca Us Dec 17 Tom Polcari 1
Chrysler 300 Climate Control Light not working (Jan '08) Nov 27 gerard whelan 56
CEO to reveal 5-year strategy in early 2014; ke... (Nov '13) Nov '14 Jimmy 15
Chrysler 300 goes back to good, ol' days Nov '14 Tarreo 1
Chrysler threatens to leave Canada (Mar '09) Oct '14 Todd Charske 317
More from around the web