Elliot

Woodbridge, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2007

My 300c is having a stalling problem. When this occurs the voltage light starts blinking and the esp off light comes on. They stay on until I restart the car. Also sometimes when it stalls the engine light comes on and stays on for a day or two. This is happenning once to three time a day, but not every day. I took the car to Chrysler and of course it ran fine when they had it. They also told me that there was no record of any errors on the computer. Any thoughts?
julia

Metairie, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2007

My engine light came on one day for a few minutes then went off. Thought it might be bad fuel, so filled up with higher octane. A few days later, the car would shake like it was going to die when at a stop, then when I would try to drive, it would hesitate and then take take off like I was flooring it. All the while the engine light was blinking. Got home and turned engine off, then we tried again and the same thing happened. We brought it to the dealer and they said the computer showed no problem and no "memory" of the engine light having come on.
Elliot

Woodbridge, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2007

I took the car to another dealer. They found a leak in the transmission. It was 2-3 quarts low.
Since the repair, the car has been running fine.
Tom R

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2008

Elliot wrote:
My 300c is having a stalling problem. When this occurs the voltage light starts blinking and the esp off light comes on. They stay on until I restart the car. Also sometimes when it stalls the engine light comes on and stays on for a day or two. This is happenning once to three time a day, but not every day. I took the car to Chrysler and of course it ran fine when they had it. They also told me that there was no record of any errors on the computer. Any thoughts?
I have the same car and the same problem ... did you receive any helpful comments or replys?
BeckyR

Olla, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2008

My 300c is having some stalling problems also, bought the car in june 08 and it has happened 3 times since then. It was used when purchased and a very nice car, and when this happens the car will not accelarate at all and its as if the car has been bumped into nuetral. No lights are coming on anywhere. Real scary driving down the road with kids in the car and its like the car goes to sleep and Im concerned that I will be hit from behind.
Elliot wrote:
Todd

Athens, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2008

BeckyR wrote:
My 300c is having some stalling problems also, bought the car in june 08 and it has happened 3 times since then. It was used when purchased and a very nice car, and when this happens the car will not accelarate at all and its as if the car has been bumped into nuetral. No lights are coming on anywhere. Real scary driving down the road with kids in the car and its like the car goes to sleep and Im concerned that I will be hit from behind.
<quoted text>
The Owner's Manual states that when transmission trouble is detected the car is prevented from shifting into high gear to prevent damage to the transmission. Perhaps this is your problem. Check the transmission fluid level for starters.
Mich72

New London, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2009

I bought my 300C new in 2005. It now has 87,000 miles on it and stalls at intersections with the esp light flashing and the lightning bolt (battery) sign lighted. The car wanted to die with no power. I pulled over and shut it off and restarted. The car ran well all the way from NY to CT. At the exit ramp died again. Obviously there is a common problem with this car, any suggestions on what is causing it? I am bringing it to the dealer today.
MrMopar1

Des Plaines, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2010

I own a 2008 300C AWD and when I reach 130 MPH the vehicle will not go any faster. Could there be a problem here ? I know the 340 Horse HEMI wants to go faster but isn't. Maybe when I swap out the original Cat back exhaust to SLP Loud Mouth exhaust this Firepower will get to maybe 140 MPH. This is one Baby Boomer who lives by this belief. "It's Mopar or no car" ! And for those other people who have bumper stickers on there brand X vehicles that say "my other car is a Yugo" IF I were to put a bumper sticker on my HEMI, it would read " My Other Car Is a 120 MPH 300M

Fiat, DON'T MESS with CHRYSLER

CHRYSLER FOREVER

Mr Mopar 1..........
shouldersack

New Baltimore, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2010

Mich72 wrote:
I bought my 300C new in 2005. It now has 87,000 miles on it and stalls at intersections with the esp light flashing and the lightning bolt (battery) sign lighted. The car wanted to die with no power. I pulled over and shut it off and restarted. The car ran well all the way from NY to CT. At the exit ramp died again. Obviously there is a common problem with this car, any suggestions on what is causing it? I am bringing it to the dealer today.
im having the same damn problem 85000 miles... did you get any answers?

thanks
Tami Crea

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2010

Do you need to die for change to occur?! I refuse to be a statisic ! Wll say this, something needs to change about how vehicle's are regulated....seems to be my luck to have issues based on make and model!!!! That sucks, considering you go into a contract "thT WILL NEVER BE FULLFILED"! BE AWARE!!! YOUR LIFE MAY DEPEND ON IT!!!
Yikes- Sorry I have split screen, so I was loosing STAND STRONG!!!! I will fight til the end, please do not drive the car, even if you feel you have no other choice! LET's- FIGHT!@!!
Diana G

Wilmington, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2010

This sounds like exactly what my 300C is doing. Its been at a shop for a week and they can't figure it out...what ever happened with your issue?!!
julia wrote:
My engine light came on one day for a few minutes then went off. Thought it might be bad fuel, so filled up with higher octane. A few days later, the car would shake like it was going to die when at a stop, then when I would try to drive, it would hesitate and then take take off like I was flooring it. All the while the engine light was blinking. Got home and turned engine off, then we tried again and the same thing happened. We brought it to the dealer and they said the computer showed no problem and no "memory" of the engine light having come on.
Roxanne

Riverside, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2010

Wow!!!! I'm having the same problem wiht my Chrysler 300 stalling and it will not start now. Have anyone been able to get there problem resolved?
Andrea Pennslyvani

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2010

I have a 300c AWD 2005. 150,000 miles (all hwy).
The car ran like a charm until recently. Feels like its going to stall, lights and warning bell come on but immediately go away. dealer could find nothing on the computer. Today drove 30 miles with dealer nothing! Drove home from dealer,it actually stalled 4 times. Nothing being picked up on the computer according to the dealer. Has anyone resolved this problem?
Kris

Warrenton, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2010

I have a 2008 Chrysler 300C HEMI. It has stalled on me twice, steering wheel locks up and then you loose power. The first time I took it to the dealership there were 58 codes that came up. They replaced the spark plugs and coils, and they thought that solved the problem. It has since then stalled again, but this time there were no codes showing up. We have contacted Chrysler again and they have said if there are no coeds showing up there is really nothing they can do. Has anyone else contacted Chrysler directly and complained about this problem? Obviously there is a defect in the car, since I see so many people with the same problem. I just don't want to be another static like Toyota. This is my family car that I drive my two daughters in.
Donna

Clarksville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2010

My 2008 300C Hemi has stalled three times. All times have been when I was in a curve or turning into a parking lot. Took it to the dealer once -- no solution. Taking it again tomorrow. There is definitely a defect. Love the car, but this needs to be fixed.
Brandon

Prescott, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2010

Judged:

my 1999 Honda and many other Honda owners experience this same stalling problem with the same response from dealers...sorry no code. no computer msg. please leave....nice car companies these days
tlmginger

Sumter, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2010

My 2007 300c stalls at intersections and stoplights. I gives no warring and has no codes show up and no lights on the dash. Only seems to happen when stopping. Bought the car in July of 2008, 15,000 miles and it has done it 6 times. Now has 45,000 miles and still does it. Have taken it to the dealer over and over and they got me to pay 300.00 for a carbon buildup treatment and it didn't work now they keep telling me that if there are no codes they cant help. I don't want to trade in my car but this problem along with window sensors and brake problems due to a crappy machanic have left me wondering if I wouldn't be better off.
Kennis Castro Valley Ca

Corning, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2010

My 06 300c is doing the same thing. It's been happening for seveal months now. I've takened it to the dealer and just like everyone else it does do it then.
Elliot wrote:
Taresa

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2010

My husbands car started stalling yesterday... Did anyone get any answers from dealership?
Sheila

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2010

For the last 60 days my 2005 300C, 35,000 miles, randomly stalls and dies within 2 blocks right after I fill up the gas tank with premium gas. I am able to restart the car after a few tries. The dealership states that they cannot duplicate the issue or find anything wrong with the car after keeping it for 7 days. What are the solutions for this issue. It is very dangerous to have the car stalling and die in an intersection.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of140
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Chrysler 300 Discussions

Search the Chrysler 300 Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Chrysler 300 Climate Control Light not working (Jan '08) 9 hr Bruster 54
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT Named 'SUV of the ... (Oct '13) May '14 Poopsburgh 4
Next Mazda Miata: Not Alfa, Not Fiat, Perhaps A... May '14 Miataman 2
Chrysler recalls more than 247,000 cars, SUVs (Apr '13) Apr '14 Soy Sauce for Gas 14
Automakers unveil China-focused models in Beijing Apr '14 RayH 1
Rear drive for Impala? Better think it over (Feb '06) Apr '14 Charles hammer 48
CEO to reveal 5-year strategy in early 2014; ke... (Nov '13) Mar '14 Brampton Turds 8
•••

Buy a New Car

Zipcode:
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••