Chrysler, Getrag set to announce new ...

Chrysler, Getrag set to announce new factory Monday

There are 116 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Jun 13, 2007, titled Chrysler, Getrag set to announce new factory Monday. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Chrysler Group and Getrag Corporate Group officials will join Gov. Mitch Daniels on Monday to announce plans to build a transmission factory that could eventually employ more than 1,000 people.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Debs

Indianapolis, IN

#117 Jun 24, 2007
“When we are in partnership and have stopped clutching each other's throats, when we have stopped enslaving each other, we will stand together, hands clasped, and be friends. we will be comrades, we will be brothers, and we will begin the march to the grandest civilization the human race has ever known.” Eugene Debs

You must rise up in solidarity & take back the unions in order to bring revolution upon those who are holding us down.
kidd

United States

#118 Jun 25, 2007
does anyone know the details of the contract at the getrag plant?
Stupid Trade Laws

Chicago, IL

#119 Jun 25, 2007
This is an example of moronic trade laws promoted by moronic politicans.
Sam

United States

#121 Jun 25, 2007
kidd wrote:
does anyone know the details of the contract at the getrag plant?
The same as the ITP2 start up.
stamping 95

Manchester, OH

#122 Jun 25, 2007
I SEE THE DELPHI DEAL FINDING ITS WAY OVER TO THE BIG THREE AND THE UAW WILL TRY AND TELL US WHAT A GOOD DEAL WERE BEING OFFERED.
Challenger

United States

#123 Jun 26, 2007
stamping 95 wrote:
I SEE THE DELPHI DEAL FINDING ITS WAY OVER TO THE BIG THREE AND THE UAW WILL TRY AND TELL US WHAT A GOOD DEAL WERE BEING OFFERED.
I doubt that, Delphi is a tier one supplier and not an OEM.
Guess who

Warner Robins, GA

#124 Jun 26, 2007
Challenger wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt that, Delphi is a tier one supplier and not an OEM.
I bet the OEM will follow close suit. You will see healthcare premiums and probably no raises this contract. I imagine they will forego the raises to offset healthcare costs. I anticipate things really being interesting with Cerebus.
stamping 95

Shelbyville, IN

#125 Jun 26, 2007
oh come on people! its going to be alot worse than that. they cant afford to wait 4 more years to see if they can be profitable. there going to try and break the bank now. not 4 years from now. and cerberus will be pushing the uaw harder than they ever been pushed before. and there not going to be able to do anything about it.cerberus can just split chrysler up and sell it in pieces to the highest bidder or take us in to bankrupty. the last thing the uaw wont do is strike. they wont cut there own throats.
opp11111

Montmorenci, IN

#126 Jun 27, 2007
stamping 95 wrote:
oh come on people! its going to be alot worse than that. they cant afford to wait 4 more years to see if they can be profitable. there going to try and break the bank now. not 4 years from now. and cerberus will be pushing the uaw harder than they ever been pushed before. and there not going to be able to do anything about it.cerberus can just split chrysler up and sell it in pieces to the highest bidder or take us in to bankrupty. the last thing the uaw wont do is strike. they wont cut there own throats.
You got that right the union wants your f--king dues.
stamping 95

Winchester, KY

#127 Jun 27, 2007
it will be 3 hours a month after they con us in to concessions.
another wife

Canton, MI

#128 Jun 28, 2007
Chrysler wife wrote:
Do not be fooled...they are not hiring 1000 people, they are moving employees from the Kokomo Transmission Plant to the new plant in Tipton. If engineers want to be a part of this new plant they have to also live in Germany 2 weeks out of every month. Trust me, this new plant is not what it is all cracked up to be.
Now to the recent sale...they said it would not effect the employees in Kokomo, WRONG!! It already has and will continue to over the coming months. Engineering positions are being dissolved and the engineers are expected to change jobs, relocate to another Chrysler plant if jobs are available, which they are not.
Please do not be fooled by the stories on television or in the paper as they are not the facts as to what is acutally happening with Chrysler. The only people who know the facts are those who work there and their families.
And don't be surprised when the Chrysler transmission plants in Kokomo close after Getrag opens.
Getrag has a different contract,
all salaries will decrease as of September.
There are no new jobs there.
Smoke and mirrors.
kidd

United States

#129 Jun 29, 2007
Sam wrote:
<quoted text>
The same as the ITP2 start up.
what are some of the highlites of that contract? is there something like swing shifts?
Thomas

United States

#130 Jun 29, 2007
Indiana Engineer wrote:
Why is there all this hatred toward engineers. The biggest problem that I see in all of these plants is that the SBU allows any and everybody to become an engineer. I spent 4 years at one of the top notch engineering schools in the country busting my butt to get good grades in order to keep my scholarships. Then I come to find out that more that 75% of the engineers don't have engineering degrees at all. I would say that 50% of the guys got brought up to engineering by working in the tool room or the gauge crib. The other 25% have a 2 year degree or went to schools that I know for a fact do not offer real engineering degrees(ie. Indiana St, Ivy Tech, IUK, Wabash, Vincennes, University of Phoenix). When I say real engineering degrees, I am talking BSME and/or BSEE, not MET or EET either. MET or EET curriculum is a lot easier. Not that all of these guys are bad workers, but I feel that you are misleading everybody when they get to call themselves engineers. I just don't feel that they have earned this title.
You are exactly right. Which plant do you work at?
Sam

Plainfield, IN

#131 Jun 29, 2007
kidd wrote:
<quoted text>what are some of the highlites of that contract? is there something like swing shifts?
No
Chuck

Indianapolis, IN

#132 Jun 8, 2012
They call this new plant Harlows Folly. LOL!
Booga King

Fairfax, VA

#133 Dec 17, 2012
Chuck wrote:
They call this new plant Harlows Folly. LOL!
Oooops Chuck, looks like it will happen

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chrysler 300 Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Have to put in neutral sometimes to start Wed mcbethman 1
Chrysler 300 Climate Control Light not working (Jan '08) Jun 28 Anonymous 65
Chrysler 300c Stalls (Oct '07) Jun 24 Lee 169
Wth!!! Jun '17 Travis 1
News Woman seen taking package still at large Jun '17 Some of us need m... 1
Grille replacement May '17 kkg3030 2
News Chrysler may be testing a Hellcat 300 May '17 Skntired 1
More from around the web