CAW, Chrysler reach pattern deal with...

CAW, Chrysler reach pattern deal without investment

There are 12 comments on the CBC News story from Sep 26, 2012, titled CAW, Chrysler reach pattern deal without investment. In it, CBC News reports that:

Ken Lewenza, the union's president, said the deal is similar to the ones struck with Ford and General Motors on Sept.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

linoguy

Toronto, Canada

#4 Sep 27, 2012
The automaker has been under pressure to build a new paint shop and add a third shift to the plant, which employs about 3,000 workers.
But Chrysler assured the union that its $1 billion investment in redesigning the three vehicles was proof of its long-term commitment to Brampton, he said.
Al Iacobelli, vice-president of employee relations at Chrysler Group, said the automaker would comment only after the ratification process.
Stoit

Brampton, Canada

#5 Sep 27, 2012
They should start building Quality and learn from the Japs.
Stoit

Brampton, Canada

#6 Sep 27, 2012
You guys sound like typical beer drinking Union morons. Wake up to the real world when it comes to salary increases. You clowns have to realize, many don't see raises for years and yet you banter about caw? Good grief
You should be more concerned about the junk you build. Chrysler especially. Bunch of garbage.
Stoit

Brampton, Canada

#8 Sep 27, 2012
the truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Toyota quality sucks
whoppee. Toyota Carolla will far out weigh a neon head to head in quailty. Second , so I guess, lexus , infiniti, acura, Honda , Mazda, Mitsu, Scion,Nissan, etc is all but a dream to you? And all you come up with is Toyota. Pfff. Chrysler sucks balls.pretty cars and that's it.
Stoit

Brampton, Canada

#9 Sep 27, 2012
the truth wrote:
The UAW needs to learn something about pattern bargaining and how to negotiate a contract from the CAW, just saying
Union should be a thing of past. Ancient backward thinking. Its no wonder Japs and Koreans got it right , they don't need unions. I will never touch a North American car again. Gm sucks balls too. Ford is the only one really who got it right and chee no bailout. Chrysler been bought so many times. Thangod Benz didn't drive themselves in the ground owning those fools.
The Mouse

Belvidere, IL

#10 Sep 27, 2012
Stoit wrote:
<quoted text> Union should be a thing of past. Ancient backward thinking. Its no wonder Japs and Koreans got it right , they don't need unions. I will never touch a North American car again. Gm sucks balls too. Ford is the only one really who got it right and chee no bailout. Chrysler been bought so many times. Thangod Benz didn't drive themselves in the ground owning those fools.
Daimler drove Chrysler into the ground! Speaking of driving, it's people like you that i'd wish for their Toyota gas pedal to stick and run themselves off into the ocean. Maybe, with a little luck, you'd washup on some Asian beach.
Sure, who needs unions when you can run sweatshops and have the advantage of unfair trade agreements?
The Mouse

Belvidere, IL

#11 Sep 27, 2012
RETIRED wrote:
<quoted text>told you they are not getting future investment
Stand back folks! Watch the King Backpedaler do his thing!
Stoit

Brampton, Canada

#16 Sep 28, 2012
Ah you guys are all red neck hilly billys buying Gm crap and Chrysler. Not one of you have praised The junk boxes increpid(sorry intrepid), neon , jeep( yikes) Ntiro(piece of kaka) yet you talk about sludge in the oil pan? Hahahah. Look folks we have uneducated car enthusiats talking about a latest gas pedal issuse that happens like never. The big three knew there were in trouble so they paid to spread bull sh*t. You guys are all idiots. Buy a real car losers. And yes unions are rhetoric old fashion crap. Just like the cars you drive. Junk.
Stoit

Brampton, Canada

#19 Sep 28, 2012
Booga King wrote:
<quoted text> Who was it that had over 15 million recalls in a 2 yr period??? That's the most ever by any auto company and Toyota took the prize. Their N American CEO even acknowledged in the courts that they grew so fast that quality got put on back burner behind profits. Give it another. 5-10 yrs when all these unproven hybrid Shit boxes start failing and the owners have to spend several thous for new batteries etc. All the companys you speak of have strong unions in there home country's and the non union American workers are propping up their retirements benefits etc...They love you stupid American
Why are we discussing Toyota only? Dude, Japs period make better cars. All car companies have recalls. Its longevity and quality that counts at the end of the day. I personally own a Lexus and prevously a Caddilac. I had more far more issues with that stupid cadi. So I have no idea what you are talking about. Before that nothing but issues with big three cars minus Ford.
Stoit

Brampton, Canada

#23 Sep 28, 2012
the truth wrote:
<quoted text>
the ones that have been paying are Toyota and Honda, they have been hiding repairs, you go to the dealership and they would just fix it, no reporting problems, they were busted
I don't go to dealerships. Who are you to say dealerships hide?
USus

Fishers, IN

#24 Sep 30, 2012
Stoit wrote:
<quoted text> Why are we discussing Toyota only? Dude, Japs period make better cars. All car companies have recalls. Its longevity and quality that counts at the end of the day. I personally own a Lexus and prevously a Caddilac. I had more far more issues with that stupid cadi. So I have no idea what you are talking about. Before that nothing but issues with big three cars minus Ford.
2000 Ram. I've abused the heeeellllllll out of it. 249k miles. Still going strong.:-)
Stoit

Brampton, Canada

#25 Sep 30, 2012
USus wrote:
<quoted text>
2000 Ram. I've abused the heeeellllllll out of it. 249k miles. Still going strong.:-)
Lucky you. Try buying a Nitro.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chrysler 300 Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Grille replacement Wed kkg3030 2
News Chrysler may be testing a Hellcat 300 May 18 Skntired 1
Chrysler 300c Stalls (Oct '07) May 3 gideon21 ann arbo... 168
Check Engine Light on for 3 days (Apr '06) Jan '17 petermaclean canada 118
No Wifi in 2017 Chrysler 300 Dec '16 Delirious-T 1
Doors freezing home when cold Dec '16 Jdubb311 1
News What's New for 2017: Chrysler Dec '16 Bob 3
More from around the web