Chrysler to keep Canada plants withou...

Chrysler to keep Canada plants without gov't help

There are 12 comments on the The News Tribune story from Mar 4, 2014, titled Chrysler to keep Canada plants without gov't help. In it, The News Tribune reports that:

Chrysler has been talking to the federal and provincial governments about an incentive package that will help offset higher wages in Canada and allow for a major upgrade to the two plants.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The News Tribune.

Peter

Toronto, Canada

#1 Mar 5, 2014
Sammy

Brampton, Canada

#2 Mar 7, 2014
Chrysler cars suck anyway.
recording secretary

Saint Louis, MO

#3 Mar 14, 2014
I would laugh my ass off if they moved mini van production back to the states and perhaps closed the WIndsor facility. No more Lasorda or Ewasyshyn to protect their asses.. No way for those(Lasorda/Ewasyshyn) to go home say hey we closed our home town plant..... .Former SLPS........
Alex

AOL

#4 Mar 14, 2014
Sammy wrote:
Chrysler cars suck anyway.
You don't know what you're talking about. The Challenger is the best sports car in it's class and the quality of the cars are better than the states and Mexico. The police force would not have a contract with them if the chargers were crap like you say they are.
QUITTNER

Toronto, Canada

#5 Mar 15, 2014
It all depends on there going to be more customers bringing in a lot more money with which to pay salaries and wages.
never

Machesney Park, IL

#7 Mar 15, 2014
Marchionne:'Done' discussing minivan plant's future
http://www.autonews.com/article/20140314/OEM0... #
DETROIT -- A terse Chrysler Group CEO Sergio Marchionne told reporters that he was “done” discussing the long-term future of the automaker’s Windsor assembly plant after the company withdrew its controversial request for Canadian government support for the plant’s upgrade.
Speaking at a celebration of the launch of the redesigned Chrysler 200 sedan in Sterling Heights, Mich., Marchionne said Chrysler and Fiat weren’t interested in efforts in Canada to restart discussions on an incentive package to secure the plant where all of Chrysler’s minivans are built.
Those discussions ended abruptly this month after comments from Canadian politicians calling the request a “ransom” and “corporate welfare” turned the process into what Chrysler called “a political football.”
Chrysler is not in the business of accepting handouts. And if provincial and federal authorities in Canada think that’s the way to attract foreign investment, I think they are in for a big shock,” Marchionne said.“It doesn’t matter. It’s gone. That chapter is closed. Fiat-Chrysler has moved on. The agenda, from my standpoint, is complete.”
never

Machesney Park, IL

#8 Mar 15, 2014
I think the kanuuks were set up and fell for it!

I want{no way] see ya...
Alex

AOL

#9 Mar 15, 2014
They didn't take the government money because our union would not open up the contract.

Since: May 09

Belvidere, IL

#10 Mar 15, 2014
recording secretary wrote:
I would laugh my ass off if they moved mini van production back to the states and perhaps closed the WIndsor facility. No more Lasorda or Ewasyshyn to protect their asses.. No way for those(Lasorda/Ewasyshyn) to go home say hey we closed our home town plant......Former SLPS........
To bad Chrysler has no plant to make mini vans in LIKE THE ONE THEY HAD IN ST.LOUIS
lol

Brampton, Canada

#11 Mar 16, 2014
beerhunter wrote:
<quoted text>
To bad Chrysler has no plant to make mini vans in LIKE THE ONE THEY HAD IN ST.LOUIS
Chrysler builds Junk. Who cares. Just boycott and theres no need to borrow a dime.
sam

Brampton, Canada

#13 Jul 17, 2014
Alex wrote:
<quoted text>You don't know what you're talking about. The Challenger is the best sports car in it's class and the quality of the cars are better than the states and Mexico. The police force would not have a contract with them if the chargers were crap like you say they are.
Your a moron ...check the net and see how bad their cars are damn fool
sam

Brampton, Canada

#14 Jul 17, 2014
Alex wrote:
They didn't take the government money because our union would not open up the contract.
Yes they did you big fool

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chrysler 300 Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chrysler 300c Stalls (Oct '07) Jul 27 Mariel89 164
News Dodge Charger, Jeep Cherokee, Chrysler 300 reca... Jun 29 mrk 2
News FCA to recall 1.1 million vehicles for confusin... Apr '16 who 1
News Fiat Chrysler's recall, Toyota's earthquake woe... Apr '16 more of 1
News Fiat Chrysler recalling more than 1.1 million v... Apr '16 fred 4
Check Engine Light on for 3 days (Apr '06) Apr '16 Msdnicety 117
Chrysler 300 Climate Control Light not working (Jan '08) Mar '16 Merry 63
More from around the web