Chrysler recalls more than 247,000 ca...

Chrysler recalls more than 247,000 cars, SUVs

There are 14 comments on the Seattle Times story from Apr 9, 2013, titled Chrysler recalls more than 247,000 cars, SUVs. In it, Seattle Times reports that:

Chrysler Group LLC is recalling more than 247,000 SUVs and cars for several problems, including faulty gas tank hoses, broken drive shafts and air bag warning lights that illuminate when there's no problem.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Seattle Times.

Airplane watcher

Sioux City, IA

#1 Apr 11, 2013
Besides the fact they took my tax money w/out my consent I will NEVER EVER buy an American-made car again beside MAYBE a Ford. This just proves how big of a clusterf**k they still are.

I do think saving the jobs & I prefer to bail out Chrysler to say the criminal banks but hey, they still needed the bailout. These people have constant trouble. Constant BS.

I'm sorry but since Nissan & Hyundai & Toyota decided to build in my state & in the surrounding region, I will choose to buy one of their locally made vehicles when it comes time to get a car. And even that I don't want because having a car is itself to me a pain in the ass & an expensive burden & albatross. But if & when I do have to buy a new one -- I won't buy one that needs to milk my taxes & then turn around & charge me full price for a new one.

The only Dodge I'd even consider buying is an old 1970s or 60s era Dodge/Chrylser muscle car. Everything else can go rust in the scrapyard for all I care. Nothing but recalls & problems.
Canadian Auto Worker

Auburn, IN

#2 Apr 12, 2013
Apparently my friend you need to be educated to the fact that every auto maker has recalls. Right at this moment the Toyota’s Hondas and Nissans have a major recall of over 3.4 million to fix faulty air bag inflators. It seems that you have a hard time accepting the fact that all the automakers needed help in the last down turn in the economy as well as all the big banks and many other businesses. So if that’s your intention to put down the hard working people at Chrysler you should be ashamed of yourself and get all your facts straight before you make ignorant statements. There is nothing wrong with supporting your local economy by buying a vehicle that is built locally whether it is a Toyota or Chrysler because they are contributing to support and create jobs to keep our economies rolling so people can afford to have a comfortable lifestyle. But if you think that your tax dollars are not being milked away by the Toyota's and such write your Politicians and see how much in tax breaks and and money they gave to them in order for them to build the plant in your area. Food for thought.
SUCK IT UP

Fishers, IN

#3 Apr 12, 2013
Just how is a loan(that is paid back with interest) a bailout? The USA and Canada are the only 2 that play by the trade rules. Do some research and see how unfair we are treated with trade including governments helping their auto companys!!
Airplane watcher

Sioux City, IA

#5 Apr 12, 2013
Canadian Auto Worker wrote:
Apparently my friend you need to be educated to the fact that every auto maker has recalls. Right at this moment the Toyota’s Hondas and Nissans have a major recall of over 3.4 million to fix faulty air bag inflators. It seems that you have a hard time accepting the fact that all the automakers needed help in the last down turn in the economy as well as all the big banks and many other businesses. So if that’s your intention to put down the hard working people at Chrysler you should be ashamed of yourself and get all your facts straight before you make ignorant statements. There is nothing wrong with supporting your local economy by buying a vehicle that is built locally whether it is a Toyota or Chrysler because they are contributing to support and create jobs to keep our economies rolling so people can afford to have a comfortable lifestyle. But if you think that your tax dollars are not being milked away by the Toyota's and such write your Politicians and see how much in tax breaks and and money they gave to them in order for them to build the plant in your area. Food for thought.
Yea everybody has recalls from time to time but let's get serious here, okay? Ask anybody if they'd rather have a Chevy Cruze or a corresponding cheap Japanese or Korean car. 9 times out of 10 they'd go with the Japanese vehicles because they have a better reputation. And this is coming from somebody who's family were big BUY AMERICA guys back in the day. We only bought Ford, Chevies, GM, Dodge, etc when I was a kid. The only Asian car we ever had was an Izuzu in the early 90s & that was a p.o.s.

But I've seen friends with Camry's that NEVER needed servicing until it was near 15 years old. My friend drove a 96 Camry until he wrecked it last year. Didn't need servicing on it til about 5 years ago. Went solid for 11 years before it needed even minor repairs. Every Ford I've had I've had trouble. A 96 Thunderbird with chronic coolant leaks & engine problems. A Ford minivan(Windstar) with transmission & engine problems, a Dodge Aries with more problems than I can even count.

I've HEARD the newer Fords are good quality but even then I wouldn't risk it.

And *shrugs* everybody gets tax breaks from various state govts dude. Michigan & midwest states give Ford, GM, etc tax breaks. Southern states HAD TO GIVE TAX BREAKS to get Asian & German assembly factories. How else could we compete when we didn't have the workforce? And even then they're not panaceas, they're not super job creators, but they do help regional markets.

But for me its more about they asked for a bailout. Its the gall of the matter. They overlevered with debt & took on too much in liabilities when others didn't. That's the main reason I MAY BUY a Ford. Because they didn't take a bailout. Its the principle of the thing. And I'd seriously consider buying a Nissan or Toyota as they are built in-state where I live. Why not help out the local regions?

And for me the most important thing happens to be reliance. I've heard nothing but good about Honda's especially. They last a long time, have solid performance, etc. Toyota are the most reliable cars I've heard about & the gas mileage alone is making me consider a newer model Camry -- IF I HAVE to get buy a new car. If I could afford it I'd like to move to Houston. I'd like to just ride the mass transit there to get to & from work. Car insurance, car notes, taxes/fees/etc -- too much of a moneysink & a pain the rear to upkeep.

I'd rather not have a car. But if I have to get one -- I'm buying Japanese or Korean. I think all car companies are in trouble though because people my age as a general rule don't like cars. If I lived in NYC or LA I'd just use zip car or take the subway/buses. Cars are just a liability.
Dodger

Pittsburgh, PA

#7 Apr 15, 2013
Airplane watcher wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea everybody has recalls from time to time but let's get serious here, okay? Ask anybody if they'd rather have a Chevy Cruze or a corresponding cheap Japanese or Korean car. 9 times out of 10 they'd go with the Japanese vehicles because they have a better reputation. And this is coming from somebody who's family were big BUY AMERICA guys back in the day. We only bought Ford, Chevies, GM, Dodge, etc when I was a kid. The only Asian car we ever had was an Izuzu in the early 90s & that was a p.o.s.
But I've seen friends with Camry's that NEVER needed servicing until it was near 15 years old. My friend drove a 96 Camry until he wrecked it last year. Didn't need servicing on it til about 5 years ago. Went solid for 11 years before it needed even minor repairs. Every Ford I've had I've had trouble. A 96 Thunderbird with chronic coolant leaks & engine problems. A Ford minivan(Windstar) with transmission & engine problems, a Dodge Aries with more problems than I can even count.
And *shrugs* everybody gets tax breaks from various state govts dude. Michigan & midwest states give Ford, GM, etc tax breaks. Southern states HAD TO GIVE TAX BREAKS to get Asian & German assembly factories. How else could we compete when we didn't have the workforce? And even then they're not panaceas, they're not super job creators, but they do help regional markets.
But for me its more about they asked for a bailout. Its the gall of the matter. They overlevered with debt & took on too much in liabilities when others didn't. That's the main reason I MAY BUY a Ford. Because they didn't take a bailout. Its the principle of the thing. And I'd seriously consider buying a Nissan or Toyota as they are built in-state where I live. Why not help out the local regions?
And for me the most important thing happens to be reliance. I've heard nothing but good about Honda's especially. They last a long time, have solid performance, etc. Toyota are the most reliable cars I've heard about & the gas mileage alone is making me consider a newer model Camry -- IF I HAVE to get buy a new car. If I could afford it I'd like to move to Houston. I'd like to just ride the mass transit there to get to & from work. Car insurance, car notes, taxes/fees/etc -- too much of a moneysink & a pain the rear to upkeep.
I'd rather not have a car. But if I have to get one -- I'm buying Japanese or Korean. I think all car companies are in trouble though because people my age as a general rule don't like cars. If I lived in NYC or LA I'd just use zip car or take the subway/buses. Cars are just a liability.
Did you ever consider writing Science Fiction stories.....thats more for the capacity of your Brain....
lol
Airplane watcher

Sioux City, IA

#8 Apr 16, 2013
Dodger wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you ever consider writing Science Fiction stories.....thats more for the capacity of your Brain....
lol
Make fun of me *shrugs* I could care less dude. I'm not a gearhead, never have been & never will be. My father & grandfather were big car people who loved working on cars, changing their oil, tires, etc. They did it because they enjoyed f-ing around with their vehicles.

To me -- what the hell is the point? Dunno where you're from but down south its HOT AS HELL from April thru September. Its not that hot per say but the humidity is so bad you sweat through your clothes just standing around. I never understood why my father liked going around in that sweaty sh*t & poking around under the hood of what was then a 10 year old Dodge. And the damn things ALWAYS broke down. I'd be going to church or school or the store or something & then "put put put put put" whoops.

So yea man. I'm not really much of an environmentalist(though i don't want dirty air) but I have to agree with the people in my generation -- cars are filthy nasty dirty pollution machines. They spew gunk & sh*t out that clogs my lungs & cause breathing problems. Sure they help me "get around" but @ what cost? My brother has a sh*tty Nissan & he spends almost a third of his monthly check paying his insurance & car note on a 5 year old car that has suspension problems. And try trading that sucker back in? Yea good luck with that when the salesman offers you a third of what you think you deserve for the price. And after looking around you find out he's actually pretty generous & that all the dealers are out to screw you. So you take a hit on your credit rating & end up hobbled with another p.o.s. albatross you're stuck making rent-like payments on for the next half decade.

Screw it. Why would I want that? Life is hard enough as it is in this economy & with the lack of work & my student loans -- why be a masochist & add more bullcrap to my daily chores? I'd rather have the car(hence why I mentioned zipcar), pay a small fee & avoid the pain-in-the-ass insurance, upkeep, taxes, fee, etc -- of keeping the car "legal." And then risking DUI's constantly because I can't walk to a good bar & because cops want revenue. And f**k, have you ever been stopped & harassed for a half hr by a cop fishing around in your car because he lies & claims he has "probable cause" to search your vehicle? Have some creep poking around in your car while you're scared he's going to plant a bag of grass in your car to f**k over what's left of your day. Yea no.

I don't want that trouble. Call me a liberal, a nut, whatever. I don't care. I want to take safe mass transit. Trains, trams, buses, etc. I want to be able to live near nice areas without having to tolerate annoying harassing cops or drunk drivers or costly upkeep fees. And if my generation is an indicator, the car companies are royally screwed:

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2013-02-10...

So yea make fun of me or jeer me. Its you people who should be selling cars to my generation. But if you guys want to cling to your guns & your gas-hog smog-spewers, have fun, I guess.
Dodger

Pittsburgh, PA

#9 Apr 16, 2013
Airplane watcher wrote:
<quoted text>
Make fun of me *shrugs* I could care less dude. I'm not a gearhead, never have been & never will be. My father & grandfather were big car people who loved working on cars, changing their oil, tires, etc. They did it because they enjoyed f-ing around with their vehicles.
To me -- what the hell is the point? Dunno where you're from but down south its HOT AS HELL from April thru September. Its not that hot per say but the humidity is so bad you sweat through your clothes just standing around. I never understood why my father liked going around in that sweaty sh*t & poking around under the hood of what was then a 10 year old Dodge. And the damn things ALWAYS broke down. I'd be going to church or school or the store or something & then "put put put put put" whoops.
So yea man. I'm not really much of an environmentalist(though i don't want dirty air) but I have to agree with the people in my generation -- cars are filthy nasty dirty pollution machines. They spew gunk & sh*t out that clogs my lungs & cause breathing problems. Sure they help me "get around" but @ what cost? My brother has a sh*tty Nissan & he spends almost a third of his monthly check paying his insurance & car note on a 5 year old car that has suspension problems. And try trading that sucker back in? Yea good luck with that when the salesman offers you a third of what you think you deserve for the price. And after looking around you find out he's actually pretty generous & that all the dealers are out to screw you. So you take a hit on your credit rating & end up hobbled with another p.o.s. albatross you're stuck making rent-like payments on for the next half decade.
Screw it. Why would I want that? Life is hard enough as it is in this economy & with the lack of work & my student loans -- why be a masochist & add more bullcrap to my daily chores? I'd rather have the car(hence why I mentioned zipcar), pay a small fee & avoid the pain-in-the-ass insurance, upkeep, taxes, fee, etc -- of keeping the car "legal." And then risking DUI's constantly because I can't walk to a good bar & because cops want revenue. And f**k, have you ever been stopped & harassed for a half hr by a cop fishing around in your car because he lies & claims he has "probable cause" to search your vehicle? Have some creep poking around in your car while you're scared he's going to plant a bag of grass in your car to f**k over what's left of your day. Yea no.
I don't want that trouble. Call me a liberal, a nut, whatever. I don't care. I want to take safe mass transit. Trains, trams, buses, etc. I want to be able to live near nice areas without having to tolerate annoying harassing cops or drunk drivers or costly upkeep fees. And if my generation is an indicator, the car companies are royally screwed:
http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2013-02-10...
So yea make fun of me or jeer me. Its you people who should be selling cars to my generation. But if you guys want to cling to your guns & your gas-hog smog-spewers, have fun, I guess.
There is plenty of people selling foreign Whoosie cars to your generation.....Jap or Korean...
..lol ...I don't have't to make fun of you....you do it to yourself..Whoosie Boy...keep buying your Fugly Clown cars...
RelicsOnTheShelf

Pottstown, PA

#10 Apr 16, 2013
Ironic that Chrysler/Dodge is the only one of the old big three that still uses old and/or high pressure sales tactics. With all the financial troubles Chrysler has had over the decades I think there have been too many budget problems and lapses with engineering and quality control.
Airplane watcher

Sioux City, IA

#11 Apr 16, 2013
Dodger wrote:
<quoted text>
There is plenty of people selling foreign Whoosie cars to your generation.....Jap or Korean...
..lol ...I don't have't to make fun of you....you do it to yourself..Whoosie Boy...keep buying your Fugly Clown cars...
Believe whatever you want man.
Dodger

Pittsburgh, PA

#15 Oct 25, 2013
Airplane watcher wrote:
<quoted text>
Believe whatever you want man.
Thanks ,...Boy...
Rich

Holden, ME

#16 Dec 14, 2013
Maintained a certain connection with Chrysler until my Wife's '07 PT Crusier had the PLASTIC return fuel line chewed through by a big mouse. Plastic fuel lines?, gas tanks?, what are these people thinking? Also the lousy 25 MPG and it was a 4 cylinder no less?
The part was unavailable for repairs, took 4 days to locate and have repaired. This P___ED me off so bad I changed vehicles. Also the car was atrocious to drive with the blind spots the car has.
Now have a Boss 302 and Fiesta. No problems at all (yet, of coarse). Fond of the Challengers and had a '69 road runner yesteryear.
Rich
Rice Burners

Houston, TX

#17 Apr 15, 2014
Airplane watcher wrote:
<quoted text>
My friend drove a 96 Camry until he wrecked it last year.
Tell your friend thanks, one less POS on the road now.
ram wife 140

New Baltimore, MI

#18 Apr 16, 2014
Airplane watcher wrote:
<quoted text>
Ford didn't have to ask for a bailout at that time because they had gotten a huge loan the year before. They never paid it back. Chrysler at least not only paid it back in record time but also every dime of the interest. I'm just tired of the public saying Ford didn't get a bailout. That's why Maloney was sitting right there incase he needed more for Ford. I've had many foreign cars. My dad owned a dealership. Loved my foreign cars but I will have to say I've had my dodge Durango since 2005 and it's my favorite vehicle I've ever owned.
Soy Sauce for Gas

Houston, TX

#19 Apr 29, 2014
Belch

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chrysler 300 Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Have to put in neutral sometimes to start Jul 19 mcbethman 1
Chrysler 300 Climate Control Light not working (Jan '08) Jun 28 Anonymous 65
Chrysler 300c Stalls (Oct '07) Jun '17 Lee 169
Wth!!! Jun '17 Travis 1
News Woman seen taking package still at large Jun '17 Some of us need m... 1
Grille replacement May '17 kkg3030 2
News Chrysler may be testing a Hellcat 300 May '17 Skntired 1
More from around the web